how we make bulletproof coffee + twins coffee talk

purelytwins coffee talk

Coffee talk with us.

How to make bulletproof coffee (with cinnamon and turmeric)

Come into Michelle’s living room (aka purely fit life’s workout room).

Bulletproof coffee is not for everyone. And as we mentioned not everyone should be having it.

But let us know below if you enjoy it or not? What are your thoughts on it?

how to make bulletproof coffee with turmeric and cinnamon

We have been adding turmeric and cinnamon for awhile now and love it!

Adds a little spice to it and who doesn’t love yellow coffee ?? haha

practicing headstands

After our weight workout we did a quick session of stretching and handstands. We don’t do these everyday like we used to. We practice on days we have some extra time. It’s a little difficult for me (Lori) to do now with a growing belly especially since I was not good at them before.

We enjoyed a smoothie after our workout that we forgot to film. Next time ;)

For our lunch we enjoyed an amazing meal. It might not look like it… but trust us it was delicious.

loris lunch

Lori’s plate with pickles and plantains.

michelles lunch

Michelle’s plate with shredded parsnips rolled up as a wrap!

Our plates included: liverwurst, arugula, ghee, coconut oil, eggs and coconut flour.

We also got a new yoga product to try out and review from Mama Kuka!

new yoga bands

Can’t wait to use them to see if they help with our yoga practice and stretching.

Have you heard of these yoga straps before?

wednesday dinner

Our dinner this past Wednesday night. Yes it’s covered in turmeric so doesn’t look pretty at all. Sorry. But we are eating more and more turmeric and covering our meals is how we are doing it. Apologize for the ugly yellow ;)  Sometimes yummy things don’t always look the best. We know there are others out there that sometimes enjoy ‘ugly’ meals.

Thanks for spending the day with us :)

Have a great Friday!

Do you have any plans for the weekend?

What did you have for dinner? Do you have ugly meals sometimes?

Do you practice handstands? Do you use yoga straps?

NEW blog signature-01

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

23 Responses to how we make bulletproof coffee + twins coffee talk

1. Georgia says:

I love it, its like indian spice coffee! Maybe a pinch of cardamom to the mix? French presses are great, I got rid of my coffeemaker long ago and the taste of coffee is so much better without all the plastic nonsense going on

2. Dana says:

This looks like awesome coffee!! I’ll have to try tumeric with my cinnamon. Love my bulletproof coffee but I just use straight coconut oil. Its amazing how creamy it gets in the blender…

Both of your hair looks amazing btw!

3. Cat says:

I love me some fatty coffee! in fact I like it better than black or with milk/cream. Coincidentally I bought some fresh tumeric root today – I knew about the benefits of it for a while but had never seen the fresh version! Not sure how that will work in my coffee but it will definitely make an appearance in cooking ;)
    Cat recently posted..(WIAW) What I Ate Wednesday #40: Worth the EffortMy Profile

4. Kiersten says:

I make turmeric and cinnamon in my coffee too! I thought I was a weirdo lol. I’ve never used the MCT oil but I use coconut oil instead and I also add collagen. Sooo tasty!

5. Morgan says:

Aw y’all look great in the picture! This sounds really good. I’m always looking for more ways to eat turmeric, it’s not my favorite flavor but I like it in curry and I can get it fresh at the farmers market. I make my bulletproof coffee with a tablespoon of gelatin dissolved in it as well. It makes it extra smooth.

6. Yellow meals are not ugly! I’m in Thailand- and had some amazing yellow pineapple fried rice last night. I’ve been trying to use fresh turmeric instead of the powdered spice, but it can be overwhelming. I made a beautiful lemon turmeric vinaigrette- gorgeous in photos and over my salad- but very hard to eat. I tried adding it to a grapefruit green juice, and holy yuck! I couldn’t drink it. The fresh stuff coats your mouth (and your kitchen). I’ll have to keep experimenting, because I know how good it is for you. Maybe a bit in my coffee will help me up my intake :)

I love the idea of adding turmeric to coffee. I’ve been adding cinnamon to my coffee for years. It’s my sweetener :)
    Michelle @ Vitamin Sunshine recently posted..Shrimp Pasta Primavera {Gluten Free + Low-Carb & Paleo Option!}My Profile

7. Pickles and Plantains?! That’s quite the mix!

I haven’t tried traditional bulletproof coffee, but I’d like to. I’ve had coconut oil in my coffee before and it was pretty good!
    Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A. recently posted..Meet Healthy LAdy: Farial AwanMy Profile

8. Bonnie says:

You ladies are so fun! I remember from Blend last year that you like black coffee – that’s how I like it too! Lately I’ve been adding coconut oil into mine in the mornings and I often put cinnamon in there too. So this morning I combined it in the blender (maybe will work up to the tumeric?) and loved it! I don’t add butter or the MCT oil (simply because I don’t have the oil and I’m still loving but getting used to the coconut oil) but maybe will add that in soon to try it out too! Would love to share a cup with you two (three!) and connect in person again. Watched the whole video with my coffee; you guys are so cute! Meals looked delish (I know what you mean about unappetizing but I also know how good that food that can!). Have a great weekend!

9. Amy says:

It looks like almost all of your meals are the same color(s). Do you guys eat fruits and other colorful vegetables? One of my favorite nutrition tips is to eat the rainbow, which in my opinion is the best way to get all the vitamins and phytonutrients.

10. Kristen says:

Why do you say bulletproof coffee isn’t for everyone? Do you mean just the flavor or prep of it or is there something else? Just curious since I recently started looking into it myself. Thanks!