4 ingredient strawberry shortcake for one

how to make healthy grain free strawberry shortcake purelytwins

Every once and awhile I will remember this perfect strawberry shortcake that I enjoyed from a restaurant in NYC (that I went to many years ago on a family trip). I remember the whole dessert experience being a-m-a-z-i-n-g! There was something about that strawberry shortcake that just left a big impact on me. It was seriously the best strawberry shortcake that I ever had! Perhaps this is what got me to being a dessert lover?

Haha, no, who am I kidding that started when I was born ;)

Every time I walk into the store I see strawberries so I started to crave strawberry shortcake! I hope you sit back and enjoy my single serving new strawberry shortcake creation!

How to make a simple healthy 4 ingredient strawberry shortcake that serves 1.

how to make strawberry shortcake made from coconut flour

strawberries

1 tbsp coconut flour 1 egg to make a pancake

4 ingredient strawberry shortcake recipe purelytwins

Pin this to make for yourself! Promise it’s a keeper!

Lori and I adored this recipe.

We hope you enjoy the video as I, Michelle, worked really hard in editing it!

This recipe can be gut friendly for those that can handle eggs as it’s made from just a few ingredients. Plus we added in yogurt to be our ‘cream’ which is great to rebuild good gut flora!

One side note about this recipe –> it’s not overly sweet. We left the strawberries do the talking in this recipe not sugar.

As we did not add any additional sweetness to the coconut pancakes. If you want it to be sweeter please feel free to add in a few drops of stevia or 1-2 tsp honey (or maple syrup) to the pancakes!

4 ingredient strawberry shortcake

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 8 minutes

Total Time: 13 minutes

Yield: 2 mini pancakes

1 serving

4 ingredient strawberry shortcake

Quick and easy way to enjoy strawberry shortcake. The perfect single serving strawberry shortcake made from just 4 simple ingredients. Recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, paleo.

Ingredients

• handful of fresh strawberries
  • yogurt of choice
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons coconut flour
  • **optional for more sweetness: few drops stevia or 1-2 tsp honey

Directions

1. Make individual coconut flour pancakes.
  2. In a bowl whisk together eggs and coconut flour.
  3. Whisk until smooth.
  4. Heat skillet to medium heat.
  5. Divide batter into two pancakes.
  6. Cook a few minutes on each side.
  7. Next begin to build strawberry shortcake.
  8. Slice strawberries.
  9. Place one pancake on plate and top with yogurt and sliced strawberries.
  10. Repeat layer.
  11. Enjoy.

Do you like strawberry shortcake?

What has been your favorite dessert that you ordered from a restaurant?

xo

CLICK TO TWEET –>  I want to make this single serving 4 ingredient strawberry shortcake via @purelytwins #paleo #grainfree #fitfluential

NEW blog signature-01

34 Responses to 4 ingredient strawberry shortcake for one

1. Brooke says:

Genius! I can’t wait to make this. I want to wait for my strawberries to come in though. They have their blooms but no fruit yet. I’ll probably use coconut cream instead of yogurt though. Love your recipes and the blog!

2. Michelle says:

Simple, short ingredient list- LOVE! Also love that it wouldn’t be too sweet. Looking forward to trying this with some coconut yogurt!

3. I looove strawberry shortcake! This looks like a delicious (and healthy) option!

4. kitkat says:

YUM!!! This looks so amazing. I’ve only been using coconut flour so this is perfect.

5. This cake is so cute! I just bought a pint of strawberries, too :D

6. I’m all about healthy desserts, so this looks incredible! And, I love the fact that it only calls for a few ingredients.

7. Floriane says:

It looks soooo good! The video is great Michelle!
    Thank you very much, I can’t wait to try the recipe!

8. YUM! I may just be having some breakfast for dinner :)

9. lindsay says:

you don’t have to ask my twice. YES! i love this recipe

10. Denielle says:

Can’t wait to try this!! Love how quick and simple this will be with only 4 ingredients!! Do you think I could sub the eggs with flax eggs?

11. I love coconut flour!! Can’t wait to try!

12. Carla says:

I know I always say this–but it’s always true.
    I WANNA MOVE IN WITH YOU.

13. Am says:

I just made this for breakfast. I had no yogurt in the house, so I just cut the (frozen) strawberries up thinly, and cut up the pancake in the bowl of strawberries, then drizzled about a teaspoon of maple syrup over. It was terrific!!! Very much like how I remember strawberry shortcake tasting! Thank you for the awesome recipe!
    My favorite dessert that I have ever ordered from a restaurant was a (dessert-sized) pie from Mimi’s. It was chocolate and pecan, and was the tastiest thing I had ever had. The person I was dining with declined to have any, so I had the whole thing to myself. :) I ate it over several days (probably weeks), and it was delicious to the end. :)

14. Floriane says:

So I did it for my…breakfast today and it was DELICIOUS!!!
    A dessert for breakfast, yumm!

15. Georgia says:

This looks awesome, the pictures are so professional looking. Michelle should do freelance photography if she doesn’t already

16. Gosh I used to make coconut flour pancakes all the time, I know what I’m having for my weekend breakfast now, those look fab!

17. This looks so good! Making it for breakfast today. :)

18. […] Purely Twins Strawberry Shortcake […]

19. GiGi Eats says:

Even though I shouldn’t eat eggs, I really want to try mixing coconut flour and eggs together!!!!! Obviously the combo creates masterpieces!!! :)

20. This looks fantastic!! I wish I could find some coconut flour, everywhere I’ve tried has been a bust! Definitely saving this for later…happy SITS Sharefest!
    Janelle @ Run With No Regrets recently posted..Friday Five: 5 Places I’d Love To RunMy Profile

• purelytwins says:

Janelle hope you find coconut flour soon ;)

• catherine says:

If you cannot find any coconut flour, why dont you do it yourself? It takes a little time but you will also get coconut milk :)
      You need coconut flakes,water and a blender.

Note that homemade geenerally doesn’t absorbs as much moisture as store bought, so maybe you need to use a little more.

Good luck!

21. Safiya says:

These look yummy!
    Is there anything else that i may use instead of coconut flour?
    Safiya recently posted..Lorna JaneMy Profile

• purelytwins says:

you can try protein powder or a nut meal, the texture will be different as coconut flour soaks up some of the liquid from eggs making it soft and cake like

22. This looks so good, and it’s healthy. Thank you for the yummy snack idea.