Candida diet talk and spending the day with us

Good morning friends!

We filmed our vlog for today this past Wednesday and a little on Thursday as we forgot to finish it on Wednesday. Oops.

We hope you enjoy the video.

answer reader question about eating desserts and candida purelytwins

At the end of the video we answer a readers, Nicollete, question about candida diet and bloating while eating desserts.

We share some thoughts, plus we will address this more in our digestion series.

Come spend the day with us: we also highlight us getting ready and what we do on our active rest days.

janeiredale makeup purelytwins

We’ve been playing around with some new makeup that Jane Iredale sent us a few weeks ago to try. And we are liking it especially the powder and brush. We are new to using a face spray. Do you use a setting makeup spray?  Would love to hear your thoughts!

We love you all and appreciate the support!

cuteline3-01

And quick recap of this weeks:

Purely training workout #60  - workout that will build up your strength while having some girlie fun.

Lori’s week 19 pregnancy update.

Healthy cuban sandwich.

Digestion series video part one.

The best almond butter and jelly cinnamon rolls.

What are you doing today? Anything fun?

Do you like Jane Iredale makeup? Have you used it before?

xo

NEW blog signature-01

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

18 Responses to Candida diet talk and spending the day with us

1. Leah says:

Great video! Thanks for doing this. My ND wants me to do the candida diet. I tried for a few weeks and failed in the past. Appreciated you posting this.

2. Georgia says:

Candida is a widespread problem in America (antibiotic over prescription) and surprisingly not alot of people are aware that they even have yeast overgrowth and that it makes them fatigued, crave sweets etc. I think this is a very important subject matter. Way to spread awareness!

3. Dana says:

Yes, love a good candida talk. And neat ab moves on the stability ball I wanna try!

4. Nicolette says:

Love the video! It really is an inside scoop of a day with you amazing gals :) And thank you so much for taking the time to share your perspective on the topic of candida. You have such an amazing attitude and knowing that you too “put your hands up in the air” and surrender at times, shows how strong you are! You reminded me here of so much that I needed to hear -thank you!

5. Joy says:

Ironically (maybe the wrong word) my dog is on a candida diet… He had a mass in his stomach that pushed his intestines waaaaaay back and when I took him to the vet the X-ray and ultrasound tentatively diagnosed him with cancer. We biopsied the “tumor” to see if we could treat only to find out that the huge mass was actually yeast. We saw a nutritionist and now he is on a very strict diet and he’s doing MUCH better… It is amazing how scary yeast growing in you is…. He was 14 pounds underweight (for a 45 pound dog that is HUGE) and looked obese but ribby (if that makes sense)

6. Kayla says:

LOVED this talk. Thank you so much. I have a deep-rooted interest in solving health issues like this, stemming from the years I’ve suffered from digestive issues. I’m currently working with a naturopath (and have been for 2.5 years) and have ups and downs. Right now, I’m experimenting with problems that I haven’t had in awhile, and I know it’s because I got a little too carried away with “sugar” (in the form of starchy carbs and fruits), as well as nuts, which are my body’s triggers. It’s all about balance and knowing your own body and how to bounce back. Thanks girls!

7. hey, i hope you don’t think i’m here to attack you on this but just wanted to leave a few thoughts. i actually used to work in a lab a couple years ago where our primary study was candida albicans and immune response so i feel like i need to say something. i really don’t buy into the candida overgrowth hypothesis as an autoimmune disorder. do i believe dysbiosis can occur? sure. but it’s not fully understood in the scientific realm yet. unless you have a fecal sample tested for abundance of candida, it could be a myriad of things triggering gut imbalance and/or skin reactions. i still work in immunology and am finding that often times down regulation of things can cause our immune systems to just ‘tolerate’ certain levels of potentially abundant things.

that said, you have to listen to yourself. your symptoms are all you have, but i feel like the stress put on the body to achieve certain perceived expectations sometimes outweighs the benefits veiled in ‘good health.’ increased or sustained cortisol levels and the role of oxidative chronic stress are what i believe are triggering a cycle of symptoms but i’m not an m.d. just a researcher so i can’t diagnosis. our bodies are so incredibly smart—try to enjoy the journey and know there will always be ‘something’—no one is in a cycle of ‘perfect’ health at any given time. :) good luck to you!

• purelytwins says:

thanks Melissa, I am not really sure where I stand on candida and candida diets. I agree stress and cortisol levels play a huge part!! I know I won’t ever be perfect I just want normal legs and skin again. The thing that just frustrates me is that my legs and eczema just got extremely bad these past 2 years and I don’t understand why?!? The weird thing is that it feels like it got worse ever since I started eating more ‘paleo’ like when I did that gut healing journey. So weird. Thanks for the support and info! xo

• G says:

I don’t agree with misa at all. Working in a controlled lab environment means someone else’s money bought that lab (usually linked to corporations), is paying for the research performed in that lab (perhaps even paying for the results themselves) and that leads to a very narrow window of perception on the side of the researcher (bc they are a specialist not a generalist in relation to knowledge).
      Yes, I agree that many factors go into digestive health, we need to look at parasites also because factory farming our animals and lower standards on organics means some nasty things are getting into our organic supply. Also heavy metal toxicity is another factor to consider. I don’t buy any food with an origin of China bc of the high levels of heavy metals (lead, cadmium, etc) are scarily present in Chinese products and the FDA doesn’t regulate heavy metals. I don’t eat any protein powder, (I get my post workout protein from milk and eggs) most of it is coming from China and rice protein has high levels of arsenic which makes me breakout because my skin is reacting to the toxins I’ve just ingested.
      Wow, sorry this is so long winded, bottom line : Many factors, but we cannot exclude candida bc when we are prescribed antibiotics, they wipe out the bad bacteria AND the good bacteria in your gut leading to a proliferation of yeast overgrowth (candida).

• purelytwins says:

Thanks G for your comment!! And I do agree that most research is one sided. One reason I rather here people’s stories. Good points! A lot for me to consider ;)

8. and by diagnosis, i mean *diagnose :)

9. Cat says:

Thanks for another great vlog! Love these. That avocado pudding is happening tomorrow (I’ve been waiting for the bugger to ripen for days!) I also love your approach to self-experimentation – it keeps me motivated to keep trying things too ;)

10. Gia says:

It is good to find another blog that makes the effort to educate. Yeast infections is something that most people don’t talk about alot. I needed learn about how to stop recurring yeast infection.

And what I learn is that the candida albicans is the source of yeast infections. The truth is that what we all commonly refer to as a Yeast Infection is more accurately a Candida Overgrowth.

But in addition to the candida diet, and eating more leafy greens and foods like fresh sprouts, I’ve also done a lot of research on Probiotics. There is growing research, and studies, that show they can help fight candida.
    Gia recently posted..Probiotics Can Help Yeast InfectionsMy Profile