What is it about cinnamon rolls that just bring a huge smile to our faces!?
One family tradition we had was our older sister would make homemade cinnamon rolls each Christmas morning. She would spend hours in the kitchen making the most amazing cinnamon rolls. We can picture them now. Soft, moist, and oh so sweet! Yum!
When creating our love of cinnamon rolls again it started with our cookie dough cinnamon rolls. Yes cookie dough! We love love love that recipe.
When wanted to create another amazing cinnamon roll recipe. But one without using plantains since we know not all of you can find plantains. And we wanted a recipe for you to enjoy too! You can take this cinnamon roll base and use it in our cookie dough cinnamon rolls!! Happy dance
Get ready PT friends for the best cinnamon rolls! Well the best in our eyes.
Almond butter and jelly cinnamon rolls with creamy almond butter coconut glaze that’s grain-free, paleo, low-sugar and vegan.
These cinnamon rolls are soft, moist, easy to work with, and taste like a peanut butter & jelly but with almond butter. You could use peanut butter if you like!
Really any nut or seed butter would work just fine.
Get ready to smell delicious flavors of warm almond butter mixed with homemade no sugar added jelly topped with creamy melt-in-mouth glaze.
No confectioner sugar needed in this glaze!!!
These cinnamon buns are made with sunflower seed flour and arrowroot starch as our main ‘flour’ sources. The arrowroot helps hold it together while keeping it light. The sunflower seed flour (made from grinding whole sunflower seeds into meal) helps keep these rolls soft and moist.
And a touch of coconut flour gives it a nice soft crumb.
Paleo friendly egg-free dairy-free almond butter and jelly cinnamon rolls.
Inspired by our cookie dough grain-free cinnamon rolls.
Instead of sunflower seeds use any nut or pumpkin seed meal.
Instead of arrowroot use a combo of tapioca and potato starch (we suggest a combo since if using too much tapioca it can cause too much chew and the potato starch will provide lightness).
Instead of almond butter as filling you can use peanut butter, sunflower butter, cashew butter.
Instead of applesauce can use sweet potato or banana puree.
For the jelly filling to keep it vegan use vegan jelly of choice or use arrowroot instead of the gelatin.
the best almond butter and jelly cinnamon rolls with creamy almond butter coconut glaze
Easy and healthy homemade grain-free low-sugar cinnamon rolls filled with almond butter and sugar-free jelly. Rich flavors of almond butter blended with homemade blueberry jelly. Perfect to enjoy with the family. Soft, moist, melt-in-mouth cinnamon rolls filled with healthy ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sugar-free jelly first.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat add in the 2 cups of frozen blueberries or any berry of choice.
- Let it start to defrost (melt) a little.
- Next place defrosted berries in Vitamix personal blender or any blender and blend.
- Add in the 2 tablespoons gelatin.
- *you can add in stevia if desired.
- Pour jelly in a glass jar and set aside.
- In a large bowl place all the dry ingredients.
- Next add in sugar, applesauce, coconut oil, coconut milk, and apple cider vinegar.
- Continue to stir.
- Batter will come together and be slightly sticky and wet.
- Place about 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch on surface and place batter on top.
- Begin to knead the batter adding in 1 tablespoon of arrowroot at a time.
- Until batter is easy to work with and not too sticky.
- Begin to roll out batter into rectangle shape.
- Once rolled place 3/4 cup almond butter and jelly on batter. Begin to spread filling until batter is covered.
- Carefully start to roll-up the cinnamon rolls.
- Once rolled slice into slices.
- We got 8 slices.
- Place slices into lightly oiled circle pan.
- Place in oven to bake for about 30 minutes.
- While cinnamon rolls are cooling being to make glaze.
- In a small bowl place the almond butter, coconut butter (softened) and coconut milk. Begin to mix together.
- Add in stevia to sweeten to taste.
- Spread glaze over cinnamon rolls.
- Enjoy warm.
All rights reserved to Purelytwins.com
Who wants some almond butter and jelly cinnamon rolls??
Tea or coffee with them? Or glass of milk
Go make these cinnamon rolls now and save us one!
CLICK TO TWEET –> I want these #grainfree #eggfree #lowsugar almond butter & jelly cinnamon rolls via @purelytwins
Disclosure: In order to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation for our recommendations and/or links to any products from this blog. Please note, we only endorse products that are in alignment with Purely Twins values and we believe would benefit of our readers. Some post may have affiliate links, which means if you buy something through these links, Purely Twins gets a small percentage at no extra cost to you. We appreciate the support as it helps keep Purely Twins going!