Ice cream has been a food group that has slowly made it’s way back into our lives.
Mostly from my pregnancy but I have this feeling that Michelle has been enjoying it too. We grew up in sunny Florida so ice cream was always around. It’s a family favorite. Our older sister loves her ice cream. Although, now we enjoy mostly dairy-free ice cream, but we sometimes treat ourselves to gelato. As it’s a favorite of ours! And here is a little secret — it is how we take a mini vacation to Italy.
If you remember enjoying frozen drumsticks growing up, get ready to relive those memories with a little less guilt As today’s sweet treat taste almost like those drumsticks with a purely twins twist of course.
Semi-raw dairy-free gluten-free chocolate cookie crisp ice cream bon bons.
We like the idea of bon bons. And it’s a cute name, right?
As these bon bons have the perfect magic shell.
A thin chocolate sauce that magically hardens in seconds when poured over ice cream.
This recipe itself is magic. As with one bite it brought it back to our childhood.
There we were two 10 yr olds standing there in the kitchen laughing as we had chocolate all over our faces.
We were so impressed with how much these ice cream bon bons reminded us of those frozen drumsticks you see in the grocery store. Minus the cone part. That’s okay as we threw in our cookie crisp cereal to be our ‘cone’.
Those frozen drumsticks were a favorite childhood frozen treat. We would get so excited to get a box from the store to take home to enjoy. We loved the chocolate fudge filled drumstick cones.
Now after enjoying our updated version we are determined to re-create our original childhood favorite!
First we need to make homemade waffle cones!! A new mission of ours
We have this hunch that we will be making these cookie crisp ice cream bon bons a lot this summer!!
Perfect to store in the freezer to grab on those hot summer days.
Gluten-free dairy-free vegan semi-raw can be made grain-free ice cream cookie crisp bon bons.
Here’s how you can make them in your home to enjoy and make new ice cream memories.
mostly raw chocolate cookie crisp ice cream bon bons
A fun summer treat. Dairy-free semi-raw vegan ice cream bon bons with some cookie crisp cereal and a rich chocolate sauce on top. Taste just like ice cream pops from the freezer.
- 1 can coconut milk (about 13oz)
- 1 banana (or could do a few drops stevia)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 -2/3 cup of our homemade cookie crisp cereal
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao
- 6 tablespoon coconut oil, liquid
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- few drops of stevia
- Place canned coconut milk, banana, coconut butter, and vanilla in Vita-mix blender.
- Begin to blend.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour ice cream batter into a large bowl.
- Add in cookie crisp cereal. Or you can add in any cereal or 'treat' you desire. Or omit completely.
- Place bowl into freezer and stir every 25 minutes.
- We stirred ours for a total of 4-5 times before it was the perfect ice cream like texture.
- Once ice cream is easy to scoop begin scooping into balls using a cookie scooper.
- Place on wax lined tray.
- Continue to scoop until all ice cream is scooped.
- Place tray back into freezer to set as you make chocolate sauce.
- In a small bowl gather chocolate coating ingredients.
- Place raw cacao, vanilla, stevia and coconut oil into bowl and begin to stir.
- Remove bon bons from freezer and start to carefully dip bon bons into bowl of chocolate sauce.
- It will get a little messy. But worth it.
- Continue until bon bons are covered.
- You may have to double chocolate sauce depending on how well you want your coated.
- Store in freezer.
All rights reserved to Purelytwins.com
Now summer can come as we will be ready to cool off with delicious ice cream bon bons.
CLICK TO TWEET —-> I want these #gf #dairyfree ice cream cookie crisp bon bons via @purelytwins #healthyicecream #fitfluential
Disclosure: In order to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation for our recommendations and/or links to any products from this blog. Please note, we only endorse products that are in alignment with Purely Twins values and we believe would benefit of our readers. Some post may have affiliate links, which means if you buy something through these links, Purely Twins gets a small percentage at no extra cost to you. We appreciate the support as it helps keep Purely Twins going!