{pregnancy} week 17 – what sex is the baby going to be?

I had a great weekend, well besides the fact that we had major blog issues. Nothing like missing a whole weeks of post here and inside our club area. But we’ve been told that our site is now done being transferred and everything should be normal. So far it looks like way. Let us know if you ever have any issues. As we are always trying to make our site faster and better for you!

Other weekend highlights where that Gary’s parents were in town and we were able to get some house projects done while they were here.  We planted some new plants along our fence. We still have other places we want to add some plants but we are taking it in baby steps.  Also did some work in the second bathroom which will be the baby’s bathroom. There was very ugly and scary wallpaper in there and Gary’s mom was able to get it all off! yay! So now we can really focus on fixing up that bathroom before the little one joins us.

We have a few other house projects that we would like to get down here that we are mapping out to see if we can. As in about 5 months our life is about to change completely.

cuteline3-01

lori week 17 pregnancy update

pregnancy week 17 update:

Current food cravings?

Chocolate. Sweets.

messy chocolate cookie

Made this messy cookie one night, took our quick cookie for two and made a few changes to the recipe. It turned out a little too thin but the cookie still tasted amazing! Ate with a spoon.

bulletproof half caf coffee during pregnancy

I am still enjoying my half caff of bulletproof coffee each morning. It’s really so funny how I only like my coffee like this now. Crazy.

lunch pregnancy

And enjoying simple meals like this bison burger with avocado and homemade sauerkraut.

Any symptoms?

My sleep has been great. No issues. I am still dealing with dry stuffy nose with a little blood. A few minor headaches.

Plus dry, itchy skin. Mainly on my belly area and my shins are sometimes itchy as well. I catch myself itching away. I’ve been putting on homemade body butter and lotion which seems to help some.

My moods have been all over the place from being happy, to sad, to scared, to frustrated. Crazy how my emotions change daily (sometimes hourly). I knew with pregnancy it would change a lot of things but dealing with all emotions has been hard to get used to.

Stretch marks?

None that I have noticed, still dealing with spider veins.

Miss anything?

Nothing this week. Besides just feeling like my normal self. I am always intrigued by my changing body. It truly is an amazing thing to be apart of.

How is your skin?

Not great. To be honest it has been bad. I have been dealing some breakouts, little bit all over face but mainly the chin area. One on the side of my left side of nose which really bothered me, but I feel it is starting to get smaller. Again I tell myself everyday that my skin will get through this. That it’s just from being pregnant and stressed out about our site having issues. I am still dealing with a few unique pimples on my back shoulder area, which I have dealt with for a full year. Talk about frustration and being sad. I can’t figure out why I have them and how to get rid of them. I have tried just about everything. It’s so embarrassing especially now that hotter months are upon on us where tanks and dresses will be coming out. I get so frustrated that I have such acne prone – trouble skin.

I know my story of getting clear skin has helped so many of you, and that’s why I continue to share my journey.  Overall my face is still doing well, not nearly has bad as it was once before. I am grateful for that.

How is digestion?

Digestion is normal. I have been a little more bloated than normal. Not sure why but last few days especially after dinner my stomach just get so bloated. Maybe I am eating my dinner too fast.  My appetite is normal. I am not really eating more, just eating to when I feel good. I am still having majority healthy fats (mainly coconut oil) with moderate carb and protein intake. I feel it has kept me feeling satisfied and gives me energy.

Total weight gain/loss?

I feel like my weight is the same from last week.  I personally have not felt like I changed that much, yet. I know it’s coming.

How’s the baby?

About the size of my palm and weighs about five ounces. Fat is beginning to form, helping the baby’s heat production and metabolism. The lungs are beginning to exhale amniotic fluid, and the circulatory and urinary systems are working. Hair on head, eyebrows and eyelashes is filling in. So fascinating to know what is happening inside of me and the baby!  Baby can start to hear noises now. That’s pretty amazing!  I still have not ‘felt’ the baby yet. I know that day will come :)

pregnancy workout working on stability for strong core

I’ve been trying to find ways to keep my core (abs) strong during my pregnancy. Using the stability with equalizer allows me to do that. I find my overall strength doing okay, I feel like I have lost some muscle but know that I will be able to get it back. I am learning to relax more about what my body image looks like and enjoy this ride as it’s truly a blessing.

kettlebell swings for pregnancy exercise purelytwins

Now for my pregnancy workouts from last week

Most days I got up and did my rebounding and some light stretching. Walked most days and did my KB swings.  Did some workouts from our club and filmed some new ones for the club. Overall I felt great during my workouts. Some workouts I had a slower pace.

Monday –  did TRX exercises, KB swings, 20 minute walk

Tuesday-  filmed new 12 minute upper body HIIT workout for club, KB swings, 45 minute walk

Wednesday – did purely weights #9 club workout a time challenge workout with a focus on lower body, KB swings, 40 minute walk

Thursday- did purely training #57, KB swings, 20 minute walk

Friday-  filmed a new purely fit life club workout a 12 minute HIIT, KB swings, 25 minute walk

Saturday- rest day

Sunday- KB swings, 40 minute walk

working out while being 17 weeks pregnancy purelytwins

I love still being able to do what I love to do – workout. I am still able to find ways to challenge and strengthen my body even while being pregnant. I do find some exercises where I can’t go as hard or as deep as before.  I must say I am excited and a little nervous about how my workouts are going to change here in a few weeks. I am sure I will be able to figure things out ;)

being 17 weeks pregnancy - finding out the sex of baby soon purelytwins

What I am looking forward to?

In a week I will know the sex of my baby. And Michelle and I’s birthday this weekend!

I do not plan on doing any party or anything. Just not my kind of thing. I will just let people know.

So I want to hear your guesses… as next time I check in with you I will know the sex!!!

BOY OR GIRL?

When should I start doing a baby registry?

What are the top 3-5 things I should have on my registry?

xo

NEW blog signature-01

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

46 Responses to {pregnancy} week 17 – what sex is the baby going to be?

1. Heather says:

Hey Lori,
    Just wondering – are you doing a full extension with the KB or just keeping it to shoulder height? I’m currently ~10 weeks pregnant and I’ve using and loving kettlebell exercises for years. I’m debating between using a heavier weight than pre-pregnancy and just swinging to shoulder height or keeping it light and making overhead swings easier. Sometimes I just go by how I’m feeling each day but I wonder if there’s an advantage or disadvantage to just going to shoulder height as the pregnancy progresses. I’m curious how you manage with it.

Thanks!

• purelytwins says:

just going to shoulder height, I could do full extension but I am liking just doing shoulder height has I continue to build my overall strength and flexibility. Just do what feels best for you and your body, both ideas sound good. I think both ways are good. Just always honoring your individual body.

2. Erica says:

You look amazing girl! I’m guessing boy. Three things you need:

1. http://www.toysrus.com/buy/infant-positioners/boppy-newborn-lounger-geo-4300113k-trs-19099506 New born lounger (the only thing Kay would sleep on other than me for the first …month!

2. Lots of spit up towels :)

3. Starbucks gift certificates haha

3. Looking fabulous! I’m so excited for you to find out the sex… we knew L was a girl, and then this one didn’t reveal it to us so we’ve decided to be surprised. But either way, the ultrasound is a fun way to connect with your baby!

4. Can’t wait to find out whether it’s a boy or girl! I’m guessing… a boy! Haha I have a 50-50 chance of getting it right ;)

Not sure about baby registries, since I’ve never had one. I would say a nice stroller to add to the list.

5. Georgia says:

Amazing you’ve got a cute little orange in there!! Keep up with the healthy fats -> yum

6. ahhhh oh my goodness :D cannot wait to find out sis

7. Brooke says:

I think you are going to have a girl ;-)

Baby registry ideas = organic cotton onesies, anything from Earth Mama Angel Baby, baby carrier of choice (like an Ergo or something), organic cotton washcloths, Jai Baby Joy Oil from Living Libations

I love your pregnancy posts and it seems like so much fun to be pregnant, but I hear ya on the emotional stuff. I have never been pregnant, but I have hormonal issues and the emotional roller coaster is just too much sometimes. It’s not fun feeling emotions that you know aren’t real (since they are caused by the hormones) but they still won’t go away! Maybe you could find some essential oils to use for your emotions? I’m going to start diffusing some at night in my bedroom so that I can get all the healing benefits while I sleep. I think I’m going to start with lavender and frankincense :-)

8. Heather says:

So glad you are doing half caff now! Way better than decaf. My ache has been awful awful awful. Face, back, shoulders. Dr. Said just hormones not to stress it will clear up after baby comes. I hear ya about stressing about tank tops and sundresses. I’m going to wear them anyway! Oh and I think you are having a boy.

9. Am says:

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having, but am glad that overall everything is going healthfully for you!
    My guess is boy! I have no idea why!
    As for the registry question, I have no experience with pregnancy, but I know my mom is always saying the one thing she wished she had as a mom was a baby sling.

10. Colleen says:

That’s so exciting you’re finding out! I’m definitely too much of a planner to be surprised. I have a two-year old son, and I’m due with #2 this November. Little boys are so much fun, but girl clothes are definitely cuter…

For your registry:
    I LOVED my Baby K’tan carrier for his first 6 months, so much easier than a moby, but still nice and snuggly.

Don’t skimp on a really good rocking chair. We skipped the crappy babies R us gliders and got an awesome lazy boy recliner rocker for not too much more $. They make some really stylish and space-efficient models now. Especially if you’re planning to nurse, you’ll spend about half your life in this chair, so make sure you love it!

Read and re-read Harvey Karp’s “Happiest Baby on the Block” book for tips on helping baby sleep. He really knows what he’s talking about. I referenced this book countless times, and now I’m beginning to use his “Happiest Toddler on the Block” book with my 2 year old. There is also a DVD which summarizes and demonstrates many of the tips in the books.

Remember, all baby really needs is you! Try not to be overwhelmed with all the stuff ‘they’ are trying to sell you, keep it simple!

• purelytwins says:

not sure what I would do with a boy haha as I have a family of our girls, but yes boys are fun :)
      thanks for the ideas, I will make notes!
      and you are so right!! I will keep it simple :)

11. janetha says:

lookin good, mama! can’t wait to know what it is! i am waiting until about a week before my shower invites go out to do my registry because SO many things come and go. if you do your registry months in advance, lots of items may not be available (especially clothes!) something super cool that i found that i will be using is http://babyli.st it basically is like pinterest and lets you pin ANYTHING from ANYWHERE on to your registry. i want a lot of things from etsy and other places that don’t have registries (your basic options are babies r us or target) so this website is awesome. you can also pin your standard registries onto that master registry and then people can access those if they do want to get you something from your regular registry.

• purelytwins says:

girl I am so excited to find out!!! :)
      that is a good point about the registry, I will take my time with it then!
      thanks for the idea I will look into babyli.st sounds great!

12. I’ve been getting a little bit itchy as well. It’s amazing to think how big the baby is now, I’m sure you’ll be able to feel things soon, I try and sit still on an evening, usually I can tell if a twinge is muscular or something going on in my digestion so I’m pretty sure the little nudges are the baby (I hope!) I don’t have my scan until week 20, really looking forward to finding out the sex!

13. That’s SO exciting!!! I bet it’s a boy… you haven’t been too sick, right? ;)

14. ShalesWilson says:

I’m so sorry to add to the headache, but I’m still unable to find the workout schedule for the week. I’m of course fine and able to pick a workout from the selection, as I did yesterday, but I enjoy following along and just wanted to confirm that I’m not the only one sans schedule. Thank you for all your hard work, ladies!

15. lindsay says:

i say girl!!! and i wish i could come help you plan the nursery! i’d bring you kombucha. xxoo

p.s. praying for the skin to calm down.

16. Linda says:

extend a bed, not sure if that is the name but attaches to side of your bed so baby in near you, but not in bed with you when sleeping, good especially for a baby that wakes often at night.

skin: are you eating butter or ghee? try eliminating butter, but could make ghee with butter by cooking a pound on medium heat until amber colored, and remove foam (milk) and strain into a clean jar, place lid on top and can leave out to use without it spoiling. or can purchase at an expensive price in a store. Butter breaks my face out every time, side of nose, and into cheek area.

17. Natasha says:

Congrats! Let me know if you want to try Physique 57′s prenatal online workout video. Check it out here and email me for a complimentary trial!

Best,
    Natasha Attal
    digital marketing manager
    Physique 57

18. Angele says:

You’re looking amazing :) I’m so sorry to hear your struggles with acne. It’s a shame to have to stress about that – just know that acne flareups are common in pregnant women and think of how far you have come – you will get back there post pregnancy! It must be so exciting to get a baby registry on the go!
    So glad the blog is back up and running – missed you girls’ posts! :)

19. I too suffered from skin issues for the first part of my pregnancy but things really improved after 25 weeks or so. Now my skin is relatively clear! My doc said it takes a while for the hormones to balance out.

20. GiGi Eats says:

IT’S A GIRLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That’s my guess. And I am STICKING TO IT! ;)

21. micieloh says:

It’s a girl! You look great. I too have faith your skin will clear up. Hormones are tricky. Pre-natal Pilates exercises when you start growing. The breath work and core work is great, so my pregnant clients have told me. They have told me that when they can’t get into a studio to work on the equipment, Pilates on the ball is a good alternative when you can’t be on your back.

22. Brooke says:

Hooray! Finding out the gender was one of the most exciting parts of pregnancy for me. I’m going to guess its a boy (just because y’all need a few more boys in your family ;)! ). My top 3 registry suggestions are diapers, a hoppy nursing pillow, and a breast pump! (If you’re planning on breast feeding, obviously). I think I registered around 24 weeks. So fun!,, and you’re looking gorgeous!!

23. Erin says:

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am guessing BOY! I am 23 weeks along, also with my first baby (a boy!), and am so excited to have just found your website! I am going to give you a list of 3 things that I feel have been key for me so far in pregnancy (besides vitamins and such, because you have that covered!)

1. FuzziBunz breast pads (bamboobies are nice too)–you may need these sooner than you think (a surprise I was in no way prepared for!)
    2. A good water bottle–Klean Kanteens are nice
    3. When trying to think of another “thing” that has helped me, I could only think of Prenatal Yoga. I go as often as I can (max 3 times per week). This class has been such a blessing mentally, physically & emotionally!

24. Krystal says:

I do not know if it’s just me or if everyone else experiencing problems with your website.
    It appears as if some of the text within your posts are running
    off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know
    if this is happening to them too? This could be a problem with my web browser because I’ve had this happen before.
    Thanks
    Krystal recently posted..KrystalMy Profile

• purelytwins says:

Krystal, sorry to hear that you are having issues viewing our site. We aren’t really sure why you are having issues, as no one else has mentioned this to us. We can take a closer look and see if there is anything we can do