Hey purely fit friends!!
Before we get into today’s post we want to say THANK YOU to everyone who commented on our facebook post as well instagram picture last night. We are working on some new business ideas and we wanted to know how we can help and serve you. SO thank you!!!!
You know that we love bodyweight exercises. We do a lot in our online club as well as in our purely training workout videos. If you haven’t already done so make sure to check out our top 13 favorite bodyweight workouts. We love using our bodyweight to challenge our bodies differently.
Bodyweight workouts have been something we’ve been doing for many years and still enjoy them. We personally have seen a huge improvement in our strength through bodyweight exercises. By using just our bodies to get a good workout in empowers us inside and out. Just go do a headstand and you will see what we mean.
YOU CAN build strength by using just your body!
You will also notice your balance improve, your posture, even your mind will be sharper when doing more bodyweight exercises.
Some of the basic bodyweight moves are plank, push-ups, mountain climbers, lunges, etc. But as our Purely Fitters know, there are many other ways to use your body to challenge yourself.
10 benefits of bodyweight exercises and why you should do them too.
1) flexible -do anywhere – limits your excuses, convenient, “No time” really becomes no excuse.
2) cheap – non expensive way to workout
3) no limits – you control your tempo and intensity, as easy or as hard as you want
4) your body provides all the resistance you need
5) highly efficient –> little time in between sets so keeps heart rate boosted and keep burning those calories, you don’t have to take as many breaks
6) both cardiovascular and strength training – win/win! You burn calories after you finish your workout
7) overall stronger core, will be more flexible, and have better balance –> can help with better posture and improve overall performance
8) anyone can do it -perfect place for beginners to start their fitness journey
9) easy to vary your workouts to fit your level of strength and endurance -progression and using advanced variations
10) sharpens your mind — use different techniques to provide a challenge and change of pace, keeps you motivated
Today’s Purely Talk video we are discussing:
- why we love bodyweight exercises
- why everyone should do bodyweight exercises
- discussing a myth about bodyweight workouts
- and the benefits of doing bodyweight exercises
Just remember to stay consistent. The more consistent you are you’ll see results. Whatever your fitness level, find a way to push yourself a litter harder and move a little faster. Each workout you will become stronger and better.
You will be amazed the type of body you will get from learning to use your body as resistance.
Doing burpees can shorten exercise time because it burns 50% more fat in short burst because it is strength and cardiovascular. How cool is that?
When doing bodyweight exercises there are really no excuses as you can do them any where, there is no equipment needed and you control how intense to make the workout! Whatever your fitness level you CAN move your body to help get a strong, lean body! Need help or motivation to make it through a workout? Check out purely fit life club. We are always there with you in the workout videos and remind you of things like, ” no matter where you are – you can do it! ”
You’re in control…now how empowering is that?
We promise once you give our workouts a try, you’ll understand the amazing fat torching power of bodyweight exercises.
We know from personal experience and we see in people we train.
[Tweet “10 benefits of bodyweight exercises via @purelytwins #fitfluential #purelyfitlife #bodyweight”]
More great articles about the benefits bodyweight exercises:
We love using our body to get a great workout in! Check out our collection –> Top 13 favorite bodyweight workouts.
New to resistance training? And if you need some ideas to get started, check out these 50 bodyweight exercises you can do anywhere!
Is there a no-equipment exercise you find really effective? Tell us in the comments below.
If you found this information helpful please like and share. Thank you so much for your support. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
CONNECT WITH US —> @purelytwins