natural hair care routine

Howdy friends,

Our natural hair care routine.

natural hair care routine and products

In today’s vlog we take you into our shower (well Lori’s shower) to show you what we use.  Oh and don’t worry we are not naked!

michelle-hair

We both have naturally thick hair!

lori-hair

We both have suffered from dry, sometimes itchy scalp.

And we have finally found relieve.

Just like with our diet and skin care, we keep things fairly simple. We have tried the no-poo method  and it just did not work for us.

natural hair care products

We are loving Morrocco Method shampoos and DHS zinc shampoo.

hair products and oils

We love Dr. Bronners ! And as we mentioned in video we have herbivore botanicals hair oil. We have no affiliation with any of these companies, they are products we love and buy! And we hope maybe one will work for your hair!

Okay enough about hair.

Now we are recapping our workouts from this past week.

Our weekly workout re-cap Feb 10- 16th

Monday – filmed a new purely fit life workout – purely bodyweight – equalizer time challenge workout ( coming to our online club)

Tuesday –   Did purely training #12 – our 300 rep workout with practiced some moves on our TRX

Wednesday – Did purely weights #3 – a leg time challenge (workout in our online club)

Thursday –  Active rest day – did some yoga.

Friday –  Love your body – purely training bodyweight workout

Saturday – Rest day.

Sunday –  A walk outside and some stretching. Still practicing our splits!

Hope you have a wonderful Saturday luvs!  And thank you ALL so much for the love and support this past week with all sales and giveaway. We love you all so much. You bring such happiness into our lives. You all inspire us each day to keep going. To keep working hard. So thank you for the continued love and sharing our information and specials with your friends. Really means so much to us.  Thanks.

#bepurelyyou

blog signature

Twin sisters. Personal trainers. Creators of Purely Fit Life online workout club. Helping and inspiring others to get strong and fit at home. Cookbook authors of 3 allergy-friendly ebooks. Bakers. Bloggers. Youtubers. Enjoy a balanced lifestyle with a focus on real food. Love inspiring others to become happy and fit in all parts of life.

A trusted source for all things health, fitness, recipes, and happiness. Every article is real, relatable, and with a side of fun :)

Follow along as Lori shares her journey of being pregnant with her first child.

Learn more about the purely twins and what you’ll find on the blog

Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube

15 Responses to natural hair care routine

1. Your hair looks so healthy and shiny! I have really thick hair, too, and I’m planning on putting red henna in it. I heard that it makes hair feel really soft

2. Your hair looks so healthy and shiny! I have really thick hair, too, and I’m planning on putting red henna in it. I heard that it makes hair feel really soft

3. Caitlin says:

another great vlog, girls! i always think about how gorgeous your hair always looks, so it was great seeing your routine. i also love that tip about curling long hair by twisting it up- i will absolutely be giving that a try soon! thanks for the ideas, girls!
    Caitlin recently posted..Favorites | On FridayMy Profile

4. Kiersten says:

I started using the Morrocco Methods shampoo too a couple of months ago now and my hair has been really funky. Like it looks greasy even right after I shower at the scalp but then is dry and straw like at the ends…it’s hard to explain. I’ve done my research and I think we may have a hard water issue and maybe I’m still adjusting to the natural hair products. Did you girls go through an adjustment period when you switched to more natural products?

• purelytwins says:

Kiersten, oh yes a big change in hair as we adjusted to natural. Just give your hair sometime. We sometimes would mix in regular shampoo in with the natural a few times a week as we weaned off it slowly.

5. Danielle Capps says:

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the tips, I have recently tried the Morccan Method, I did it for a month and half and my hair was always greasy after washing and it made my scalp super dry. I tried talking to the company and they suggested only shampooing once, and using none of their conditioner. How long did it take your hair to transition using the Morccan Method?

Thanks!

6. I’m still in search of the best hair care products, since I try to go more organic/natural, so I love reading your recommendations. Thanks!
    Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..Green Power Raisin Salad {MMAZ #60}My Profile

7. […] natural hair care routine | purelytwins http://purelytwins.com/Howdy friends,. Ever since we got our hair cut last week we have received a few comments about our hair. More specifically what hair products we use. Our natural hair care routine. natural hair care routine and products. […]

8. Noemi says:

thank you for the tips your girls are awesome!!

9. Elise Miller says:

Heard a lot of great effects of apple cider vinegar on hair. Definitely would add this to my routine! By the way, I love that you use natural products. Most other blogs just introduces me to other mixed of chemicals LOL!
    Elise Miller recently posted..Argan Oil for Hair LossMy Profile

10. Juila says:

This is a great article, thanks for the tips. I love using natural products on my hair but have never tried ACV. I am always worried about the long term effects of harsh chemicals.
    Juila recently posted..Amika Curling Iron ReviewMy Profile

11. Kelly says:

Thanks for the great tips, ladies. Your hair looks Amazing!!! I’m glad you love the Morocco Method shampoos as much as I do. I first came across this shampoo after watching this 5 Elements Morocco Method Shampoo video. I really love the Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo and the cleansing feeling that I get from using it. It certainly does take a little getting used to when you switch over to more natural, raw, vegan type shampoo products, But in the end, it worth it, especially when your protecting your hair and health from using other chemical laced shampoos.

12. Jean says:

I too have naturally thick, black hair. Also still suffering from dry, scaly and itchy scalp. I cut down wheat and gluten in my diet because of my intolerance, but it still didn’t help with the dry scalp. It is embarrassing. Thank you for this blog post, I will try these shampoos. Who knows, maybe it’ll work on me too. Again, thank you. Will keep you both posted. Have a great weekend! :)