Well we all survived another week! We bet you’re already dreaming of the weekend. We are…hoping for warmer weather. We also wanted to let you know that our purely talk video up late afternoon yesterday, sorry for the delay.
We’ve been busy around here. Filming, editing, eating, cleaning, etc. Going through a stack of recipes to plan out recipe testing. You know the fun stuff. We just love recipe testing. Okay maybe not all parts of it especially when we have failures. Or should we say lessons learned in the kitchen.
But when we do have amazing success we jump with glee. And these brownies are jump worthy.
No flour chocolate beet brownies!
Need we say more?
Didn’t think so.
Nothing like chocolate – beet- brownies to get your through this Friday!
Well should we say chocolate beet plantain brownies! These were inspired from our flourless fudgy brownies. We did a little bit more maple syrup in these beet brownies to help mask the beet flavor and keep them a little sweeter. Turned out perfect!
Just a little something to get you dreaming of to make when you get home
Plus this is another Valentine day inspired recipe.
We have always wanted to use beets in brownies.
Not really sure why. Just a thing we wanted to do one day.
Just enjoy the soft cake-like chocolate rich beet brownies.
Think we can all agree that enjoying brownies to end a week is a good decision.
A very good decision.
Now it’s your turn to make yourself a batch of chocolate beet plantain brownies.
These brownies are not as fudgy as the original flourless brownie recipe but still meets all the criteria of a good brownie. Chocolatey, soft, not too sweet brownie.
Healthy grain-free, gluten-free, egg-free brownies made from plantains and beets. Flourless beet chocolate brownies.
- 1 small/medium ripe yellow plantain ( 5 1/4oz - 6oz after being peeled)
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder or cocoa (2 1/2oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup beet puree (2oz)
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (1oz), liquid
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter (1 3/4oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease with coconut oil a 8x8 baking pan for thinner brownies.We baked ours in a cupcake pan as individual brownies.
- Peel plantain.
- Place peeled plantain and beet puree into a food processor (or blender) and blend until smooth.
- Next add in coconut butter (could use a nut butter) and coconut oil. Blend.
- Next add in raw cacao powder, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla,and maple syrup into food processor. Blend.
- Batter should be smooth.
- Pour batter into pan or scoop into cupcake pan and bake from about 20 minutes. If using a cupcake pan the baking time maybe shorter. Bake until toothpick comes out slightly clean, as you don't want to over bake them.
- Let cool.
- We got 8 individual brownies.
- Slice and enjoy.
- Store in refrigerator for a few days or freezer for longer shelf life.
All rights reserved to Purelytwins.com
[Tweet "Flourless beet brownies made without #eggs and #grainfree"]
Disclosure: In order to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation for our recommendations and/or links to any products from this blog. Please note, we only endorse products that are in alignment with Purely Twins values and we believe would benefit of our readers. Some post may have affiliate links, which means if you buy something through these links, Purely Twins gets a small percentage at no extra cost to you. We appreciate the support as it helps keep Purely Twins going!