We are all about pancakes again today. More cocoa pancakes!
Really?!? More cocoa pancakes? Yep. C’mon we know there is never enough pancakes in the world. More the better
Michelle thinks so.
And I do too!
Guess we are on a little pancake kick lately.
Hemp protein cocoa pancakes that are grain-free gluten-free nut-free soy-free dairy-free and low sugar.
Just like our 4 ingredient cocoa pancakes we aimed to keep the ingredient list short for these protein pancakes as well.
We also wanted to jazz these pancakes up with adding in some protein powder. So we reduced the amount of eggs and plantains to add in hemp protein. We actually got this idea from our original plantain protein pancakes.
Perfect pillow-like protein pancakes.
These pancakes are light and fluffy. Perfect for drizzling with maple syrup or honey. Or topping with yogurt and fresh fruit.
And our cocoa pancake love continues…
Happy protein pancake making!
hemp protein cocoa pancakes
- 1/4 cup hemp protein powder
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1/2 green/yellow plantain (3 1/2oz once peeled)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, liquid
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ** optional few drops stevia for sweetness
- Peel plantain.
- Place peeled plantain into food processor or blender.
- Add in eggs, hemp protein powder and raw cacao powder.
- Mix together.
- Next add in coconut oil and vanilla.
- Continue to blend together.
- Heat up skillet or griddle on medium-low heat.
- Scoop about 3-4 tablespoons of batter and cook until bubbly on top and golden on the bottom, about 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook until golden on the bottom, about 2 more minutes.
- Makes about 10-12 pancakes. Serves 1-2.
All rights reserved to Purelytwins.com
Promise we make more than just cocoa pancakes like these other great recipes.
plantain protein pancakes
Our plantain egg-free (vegan friendly) pancakes
our green spinach protein pancakes
baked tahini pancakes
thin plantain pancakes
[Tweet "#glutenfree chocolate hemp protein pancakes perfect for breakfast "]
We are off to go dream about more pancakes
What pancake flavor is your favorite? Waffles or pancakes? Share your purely thoughts below.
Disclosure: In order to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation for our recommendations and/or links to any products from this blog. Please note, we only endorse products that are in alignment with Purely Twins values and we believe would benefit of our readers. Some post may have affiliate links, which means if you buy something through these links, Purely Twins gets a small percentage at no extra cost to you. We appreciate the support as it helps keep Purely Twins going!