10 yoga individuals to follow

Hello friends!

Now that we have you working your booty... it’s time to slow down some to get inspired through yoga.

Yoga is something we still have to practice. We don’t do it daily. Although we wish we would!

We honestly love it, but for some reason cannot “make time” do it. To practice it. Again we wish we would.

Besides us lacking in actually practicing more yoga, we surround ourselves with others that inspire us.

Inspire us to DO YOGA!

Here are 10 yoga instructors (individuals) that move us in a way to want to do more yoga that you should follow:

the 10 best yoga people to follow

tara stiles

Tara Stiles  –> we both have her collection of DVDS! And love watching her short youtube videos. We really love her style. So inspiring on so many different levels.

steve ross

Steve Ross –> we got into his yoga about 5 years ago and loved him immediately. Actually his style is what sparked our interest in doing more yoga. We did our best to do the Inhale series with Steve Ross on Oxygen most mornings years ago. We remember waking up before the sun got up and moved the body with Steve. Oh boy was it hard sometimes.  Miss it. Looking at his site looks like he might be coming back!

travis

Travis Eliot –> our newest yoga inspiration that we just admire. We both have his short and sweet yoga dvds and absolutely love them! Our goal is to do them more regularly. A work in progress goal.

heather pace

Heather Pace –>  a dear friend of ours that we have gotten to know through blogging. And not only does she make amazing raw desserts but is a huge yoga inspiration for us! We cannot say enough about Heather. One day we hope she does her own yoga thing ;) and we would be there every step of the way supporting her.

Our Instagram yogi peeps that inspire us:

yoga girl

Yoga Girl

laura

Laura Sykora

bex life

BexLife

mesh yoga

MeshYoga

yoga loving

yogalovingpsy

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 8.10.25 AM

yoga_sarah

We adore each one of these ladies. Each one does yoga so gracefully.  Each one of these yoginis have such flexibility that’s truly unbelievable!

There’s something about looking at these inspiring individuals that is so moving. Maybe one day we will be able to do yoga as good as them :)

We also get a lot of yoga inspiration from pinterest.

Do you have a yoga instructor that inspires you?  Share your purely thoughts below as we love finding new yoga people to motivate us to do more yoga.

#bepurelyyou

blog signature

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

23 Responses to 10 yoga individuals to follow

1. I really need to get back into yoga. I used to do it a couple times a week but once things got busy I ended up backing off…it is such a great tool!

2. I HIGHLY recommend following Gigi Yogini! She was my yoga instructor while I was living in LA. She’s not only an amazing instructor but an amazing human being! She’s all about embracing our bodies, no matter their size and loving ourselves. LOVE her!
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..My Top 3 Tips For Going Gluten-FreeMy Profile

3. Abby says:

I was feeling the itch to do some yoga today (I ALWAYS do on my rest/recovery days, but rarely make time for it). You should check out Erin Motz too.

Abby recently posted..Hopeful AdventurerMy Profile

4. Sadie Nardini! She is from Brooklyn and is absolutely amazing. She used yoga when she was told she would never walk again.

5. Brooke says:

I love all those inspirations…especially Heather. Found her based on her raw desserts, but her yoga is phenomenal!

I love yoga so much, but I find it hard to “make time” as well. I kinda wish every school and work day started with yoga before you could sit at your desk/computer and then another short session at lunch. I bet we would all be less stressed and more productive :-)

6. I realized recently that I miss yoga, but I just don’t have room in my schedule right now. Too much fun, too little time. :)
    Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..Vanilla Spice Streusel Pudding {MMAZ #55}My Profile

7. Heathy says:

I heart you girls. Thanks for including me :) I hope we can do yoga together one day!!! xoxo
    Heathy recently posted..Cinnamon Pecan Granola and Happy New Year!My Profile

8. Laura Sykora is also a favorite of mine! Shauna Harrison (@shauna_harrison) also has great videos and pictures of her yoga flows on Instagram.
    Seeing yogis on social media always makes me want to get my flow on!
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Patience is a VirtueMy Profile

9. I love Tara! She is soo nice in person and welcoming. I used to do the social media for her studio in NYC. She got me to really love yoga.

Kyle Miller, Heidi Kristopher, and the sisters of stanton street yoga are really great too.
    Ashley @ Freckles & Spice recently posted..Why I Work in “Customer Service”My Profile

10. Cathy says:

You forgot Kathryn Budig!

11. Lydia says:

Gypsetgoddess ( instagram) is amazing!

12. Bridget says:

Thanks for this! I love finding new ppl to follow. I just added Heather to my bloglovin feed.

Also, why isn’t Kathryn Budig on this list. That girl is my fav!
    Bridget recently posted..Pyramid of PainMy Profile

13. Thanks for this amazing post. Yoga poses can be extremely beneficial. Yoga is best way to de-stress. Also yoga can help enhance your sex drive.

14. Yoga Jake (yogajake.net) is definitely my favorite, but I love Tara!
    Kelly @ Cupcake Kelly’s recently posted..Pin It Party #3My Profile