Happy Friday luvs!
Who likes having chocolate for breakfast?
our hands are raised in the air
Who likes mini foods?
again our hands are raised
Everything taste better as mini’s right?
Mini chocolate pistachio protein donuts that are gluten and grain-free!
It has been awhile since we have had donuts…gasp…we know. Crazy. And ever since we’ve enjoyed some chocolate pistachio coconut butter we couldn’t stop thinking about making chocolate donuts with pistachios.
Chocolate. Pistachios. Match made in heaven!
Would you agree?
We get so excited when we get to practice recipes. We jump in the air when a recipe comes out on the first or even second try. But we are also sad when a recipe turns out because then we do not get to taste test as much as we move onto another recipe.
We made these donuts twice, you know to make sure they were blog worthy.
But we need your help, we cannot decide if these mini chocolate pistachio protein donuts are breakfast or dessert?
Soft chocolate cake donuts covered with smooth sweet icing and topped with crushed pistachios – that might make you think dessert, but the shape says breakfast so we’re going with that!
Baked Mini Chocolate Pistachio Donuts – could there be a better breakfast? We’re uncertain. Except when you have pumpkin bread pudding. Or chocolate waffles. Or chocolate pumpkin glazed donuts. Ok fine, we can’t pick just one favorite recipe as these pistachio protein donuts are near the top on our list. Just look at them! We wish we could send SMELLS across the computer screen as the aroma is heavenly.
Roasted pistachios. Cocoa. mmmm can you smell it?
These cake-like chocolate donuts have hemp protein in the batter, which keeps them light and moist, plus an extra boost of protein. Then they are topped with a melt-in-your-mouth glaze and finished with roasted pistachios crumbs.
So call them breakfast, call them dessert – either way make these! They are delicious.
CLICK TO PIN THIS RECIPE!
Not only do they taste amazing, but they are flourless! Okay…not quite but think you guys understand
Healthy chocolate donuts? Yep. Well in our eyes and we think you would agree. Just made from raw cacao, ground pistachios, hemp protein, eggs, and a little sugar. Not bad.
Mini chocolate pistachio donuts
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 cup hemp protein
- 1/2 cup pistachio flour (unsalted, roasted pistachios)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (palm sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- COCONUT BUTTER TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk (if needed, we did coconut milk)
- Need about 1 cup or more crushed pistachios for rolling.
- 1. Take whole pistachios and grind into flour in a mini food processor. Measure out 1/2 cup and save the rest to roll donuts in.
- 2. Measure out dry ingredients and place in bowl.
- 3. Next add in vanilla and the 2 eggs and mix well.
- 4. Preheat mini donut maker or bake in oven at 350 using mini muffin/cupcake pan.
- 5. Scoop donut batter into donut maker. Let cook until donut maker is done. If baking bake for about 10 - 12 minutes.
- 6. Let donuts cool. As they are cooling make the topping.
- 7. COCONUT BUTTER TOPPING: Mix in a small bowl the coconut butter with the honey and milk until smooth.
- 8. Spread onto mini donuts one a time as you follow up with dipping the donut into pistachio crumbs.
All rights reserved to Purelytwins.com
Could eat these mini donuts all day long!
Make these chocolate pistachio donuts for your breakfast (or dessert) this weekend!
Do you like mini foods?
Disclosure: In order to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation for our recommendations and/or links to any products from this blog. Please note, we only endorse products that are in alignment with Purely Twins values and we believe would benefit of our readers. Some post may have affiliate links, which means if you buy something through these links, Purely Twins gets a small percentage at no extra cost to you. We appreciate the support as it helps keep Purely Twins going!