Now that we have your dreaming of peppermint marshmallows while curling up with a hot cocoa, it’s time to get you obsessed with making andes mints! Just like making homemade marshmallows and homemade cocoa puff cereal making your own andes mints are worth making!
How to make homemade protein andes mints!
Growing up we looked forward to the post-dinner part…getting andes mints afterwards. It was the best part for us. We just loved andes mints. Dinner was not complete until you had one in our eyes.
Homemade andes mints made with ingredients like hemp protein, coconut oil, and raw cacao. Yum. Some of our favorites for raw desserts. We got this idea from our bite-size pumpkin fudge chocolate bites and our triple threat fat burning protein mints.
More chocolate and mint the better right? Yep!
We agree with you 100%!
Christmas just got a little sweeter.
Our beloved protein thin mint recipe just entered a whole new level!
Get ready for some mouth-watering out-of-this-world DELICIOUS dessert.
They are raw, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free and full of protein. And made with our favorite healthy fat – coconut oil. So good for you too. Yep these andes mints you can feel good about eating
They are a little bit of work to make, but promise it’s easy. Just like we had to be patient with rolling our puff cereal we had to be patient with cutting and covering these guys in chocolate sauce one side at a time.
After you make the protein thin mint layer and top it with our green fudge let that set for about an hour or so in the fridge. Let it come to warm temp for a little bit to help with the cutting part. You can really cut them into any size shape you want. We tried to make them rectangle-like (similar to the original andes mints). Yes yes we know they don’t quite look like the classic version but we are pretty darn proud of our homemade andes.
Once they are cut into your desired shape, make the chocolate sauce to start drenching each side with it. Start with focusing on one side letting chocolate sauce harden before flipping to do the other side. A little patience. But again soooooo worth it! Promise!
These homemade andes mints taste better than the real thing Very addicting!
What is not to love?
Even if you’re not a huge andes mint lover these little gems will make you one.
We hope you enjoy our version of raw vegan protein homemade andes mints!
When you make them make sure to hide them as they will be eaten quickly if others find them. Like us
homemade protein andes mints
Healthy raw vegan protein packed and fat burning treat from the coconut oil to make homemade andes thin mints!
- Bottom Layer:
- one recipe of our protein thin mints
- Middle Layer:
- one recipe of our green fudge
- Top Layer:
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 12 tablespoons raw cacao
- few drops of stevia, liquid
- we used a bread loaf (8.5 x 4.5 pan) to make these, you can use any pan you like just line with wax paper so easy to pop out
- First make the bottom layer of the protein thin mints. Follow directions from original recipe but instead of scooping out as cookies you pour into a bread loaf pan like we did (lined with wax paper so you can get it out). Or you can use ice cube trays like we did in these to make more individual andes thin mints.
- Set aside.
- Next make green fudge recipe. Follow directions here.
- Once fudge is made pour over thin mint layer in your pan.
- Place in refrigerator for a 1-2 hours.
- Once set pull out of freezer and carefully pop out your layers. Again we lined our bread loaf with a wax paper to make it easier to do.
- Once popped out begin to slice into stripes or squares.
- Make chocolate sauce. Might have to double if you want a lot of chocolate over your thin mints.
- Lay one side of mints down and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Let is harden before flipping to coat the other side with chocolate sauce.
- Once both sides are coated and set. Begin to cover the ends so the whole andes mint is covered in chocolate.
- Again this is the part that takes a little bit of time. But worth it!
- Store andes thin mints in refrigerator!
All rights reserved to Purelytwins.com
These homemade andes mints are truly delicious, so we highly recommend giving them a try.
Do you like andes mints? Do you like to have mint after eating?
More mint recipe love:
beloved protein thin mints
triple threat fat burning mint bites
thin mint ice cream
unbaked mint chocolate cake
mint avocado ice cream
Purely Fit Life Team: We shared our eats from Monday and your weekly video check-in will be coming to your inbox soon! Plus lots more workouts coming your way! See you in the member area.
Disclosure: In order to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation for our recommendations and/or links to any products from this blog. Please note, we only endorse products that are in alignment with Purely Twins values and we believe would benefit of our readers. Some post may have affiliate links, which means if you buy something through these links, Purely Twins gets a small percentage at no extra cost to you. We appreciate the support as it helps keep Purely Twins going!