Vlog 2: thoughts on using vitex and estroblock

Howdy luvs,

The other day we filmed a quick vlog answering some questions. And Jax makes an appearance.

jax and twins

We frequently get asked about our thoughts on vitex and estroblock, which we share thoughts about these two supplements.  Make sure you watch until the end as we have a little bonus clip discussing anxiety towards meal times.

Hope you enjoy the video! And if you have any more questions regarding vitex and estroblock just leave a comment and we will reply ;)

Check out my post on how to start to heal acne  and more of my acne journey here.

coffee talk

And we just had to share this picture too as Jax is too funny!! Guess he is sad he gets no coffee haha  Silly dog.

Have a wonderful Saturday!!

Twin sisters. Personal trainers. Creators of Purely Fit Life online workout club. Helping and inspiring others to get strong and fit at home. Cookbook authors of 3 allergy-friendly ebooks. Bakers. Bloggers. Youtubers. Enjoy a balanced lifestyle with a focus on real food. Love inspiring others to become happy and fit in all parts of life.

A trusted source for all things health, fitness, recipes, and happiness. Every article is real, relatable, and with a side of fun :)

Follow along as Lori shares her journey of being pregnant with her first child.

Learn more about the purely twins and what you’ll find on the blog

Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube

17 Responses to Vlog 2: thoughts on using vitex and estroblock

1. michelle says:

I bought that same vitex about a week ago! Hoping that it gives me periods and fixes my hormones too! You girls give me hope:)

2. Meg says:

I’m so glad Vitex works so well for you. There is a lot of research to support it’s use with both PCOS and acne. It helps support progesterone levels, lengthening the luteal phase. Women with longer phases usually have low estrogen, especially when body fat is on the lower side. Have you had your levels checked via saliva or blood? PCOS & Acne can also be related to an imbalance when estrogen is low….It’s great that estroblok has worked so well for you but as a natural practitioner, I always recommend checking your hormone levels before starting any supplements that affect our delicate and most precious hormonal balances. Just some food for thought :)
    Meg recently posted..How to eat Paleo during Pregnancy: A guide to every trimesterMy Profile

3. Monika says:

The video isn’t loading for me! Maybe because I’m on my phone?

• purelytwins says:

Monika could be. Not sure.

• Monika says:

Yay, it works! Must’ve been the phone :) You girls are great. Thanks for doing this vlog. I have been debating on starting Vitex/Chasteberry for months now for my semi-short LP and other low progesterone issues. I’ll have to look for it! -Monika @crunchynurse

4. zosia says:

I’m confused as to the estroblock. Hypothalmic amenorrhea is NOT a estrogen-dominant condition. Why would anyone with HA want to “block” estrogen when your body is LOW in estrogen?

Also, you wrote you don’t consume flax…but this is also helpful for HA.

Sexy Hormones by Lorna Vanderhaege…HIGHLY recommended.

All the best.

• purelytwins says:

well estroblock focuses on helping in getting rid of the bad estroblock and promoting more good estroblock. We don’t have hypothlamic amenorrhea and have issues with hormonal acne from estrogen-dominance so the estroblock really helps! I found that flax only made my acne worse, but everyone is different.

• zosia says:

I could’ve sworn there was talk about you ladies having HA. Sorry about that!

I’ve tried Vitex as well…and it hasn’t worked for me. (It’s possible that the weight issue is what is really behind it…) In any case, I wish you all the very best with your hormone journey. Thanks for sharing with us all this information.

• purelytwins says:

no worries, we mentioned before that we thought we could have HA but not sure. For Vitex it took a good 4 months of taking it before we started it working for us. We wish you all the best too with your journey, hopefully you can find relief soon. hugs

5. I used Vitex and it worked for me! I had cysts on my ovaries and it helped me to regulate my hormones to get pregnant!! I am a strong believer in herbal remedies and it took a few months for the Vitex to work!
    Kelly @ The Fit Skool recently posted..Don’t have time for the gym today.. take this pushup challenge!My Profile

6. Cassandra says:

Thank you for this, ladies! I just saw a holistic dermatologist who recommended Vitex & maca for me – hoping it works for me too!