6 Tips for staying healthy and happy this holiday season.

Hey luvs,

Happy Thursday. You know what day it is… time for another Purely Talk :)

Grab your coffee (or tea) and join us for a little PT time.

Here are our 6 tips for staying healthy and happy this holiday season.

purely talk-01

purely talk holiday tips

Everyone will be throwing different ideas your way. But just remember to always BE PURELY YOU!

We admit even for us we can fall into guilty feelings  during the holidays when we grab an extra glass of wine or eat one too many cookies. But we just take a deep breathe. Calm the mind. And tell ourselves we don’t have to be perfect all the time. That we’ve worked hard all year and that this is ok.  That life is all about balance. AND BEING HAPPY. We still workout. We still drink our water. We still eat healthy. So there is nothing wrong with us having an extra drink or cookie. That we are beautiful just the way we are.

be happy and smile

Our motto this holiday –> Be happy and smile :) Join us in spreading more happiness and holiday cheer.

Once we change our mind.  We can change our bodies. Even doing the holidays!

6 tips to stay healthy and happy:

Have a game plan.

Have an action plan. Look at the bigger picture. Look back at the rest of the year. Don’t just judge yourself in this one moment. You’ve worked hard all year. You’ve done your daily workouts. You’ve done well with your food choices. Just know your weaknesses and plan around them.

Stay hydrated.

Drink your water. Keep water with you at all times.

Control your stress.

Have a clear mind set. Get rid of any negativity that is going on in your life. Fill your mind with positivity. Think happy. Be happy. Get your sleep in. Eat real foods 80% and enjoy life the other 20%.

Change your mindset.

Try not to freak out that it’s the holidays. Just think of it as another month. You just happen to spend more time with family and friends (and spend more money). Try to keep an open mind and go with the flow. Again what your mind thinks your bodies believes. So make sure when you have more to drink or eat more that you are happy!

Have a good support team.

Surround yourself with those that make you happy.  Be around positive people. Find a community that supports you. Like our Purely Twins family.  We are always here for you. Find friendly reminders to keep you motivated and accountable.

Keep moving.

Stay active. Keep up with your workouts. Try working out with a friend or family member to stay on track. Or workout with us in our purely fit community. Maybe get your workouts done first thing in the morning so you have all day and night to be with loved ones. Go for more walks with friends and family.

Basically just live in the moment. As the holidays do go by fast. Together we will all stay happy, sane, and health this year!

HHP-ThinkHappy-3 2

Remember this holiday season – to think HAPPY. Stay HAPPY.

Twins question: What is your tip for surviving the holidays? What is your holiday motto? Have you done any holiday shopping yet?

We have done no shopping. We are starting to make our lists and getting ideas. We are online shoppers ;)

#bepurelyyou

be passionate and fit

xoxo

L&M

 

Comments

  1. says

    Haven’t even thought about holiday shopping yet! Even if I go to a store to shop, I usually end up buying something similar online since it’s usually cheaper.

    I definitely indulge during the holidays. I stay continue to stay active, though. Both food and exercise makes me happy, so it’s a great combo!
    Jojo @ RunFastEatLots recently posted..Nutella GranolaMy Profile

  2. says

    really great tips here. i mean, i try to live a healthy lifestyle all year long specifically so i can enjoy life’s extraordinary moments like holidays and special occasions! that way, i don’t feel guilt because i’m on track most of the year. i don’t set myself up to ‘fail’ around the holidays. i work hard and play hard so to speak :) i think the water tip is key, hydration is a big part of feeling good. our cells need it to thrive and promote optimal function throughout the body!

    as for shopping, i’ve only bought 2 small items for nate thus far. i’m behind compared to other years but i plan on catching up this weekend and getting some shopping done!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

CommentLuv badge