We’ve been trying to play around with some more savory style recipes for you to enjoy. We all know we love desserts or a baked treat but promise we eat more than just those things.
Get ready for a new way to enjoy soft and tasty breadsticks made with veggies.
Plantain brussel sprouts breadsticks that are grain and gluten free.
Definitely not your average breadstick. And we are okay with that. We think you will be too.
Think a little upscale. A little fancy. A different way to enjoy breadsticks.
We hope you like them as much as we did. Serve with hummus, guacamole or even a cheese sauce. All would be delicious.
Moist, soft breadsticks with a hint of balsamic vinegar.
These plantain brussel sprout breadsticks were gone in a hurry in our house.
Ever since making our broccoli breadsticks we had a feeling one day of trying something new and a little different with that recipe.
We thought taking our beloved grain-free plantain bread and blending it with a veggie would create a tasty savory bread.
And to our enjoyment — it did! And then some!
Here is your grain free plantain brussel sprout breadstick recipe.
grain-free plantain brussel sprouts breadsticks
- 1 small plantain (or half of a large one, about 5 1/2oz peeled)
- 3 cups shredded brussel sprouts (about 10oz)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Have a baking sheet ready to place breadsticks on.
- Peel plantain.
- Add plantain and brussel sprouts to a food processor or Vitamix and pulse until the texture is similar to rice.
- Add in balsamic vinegar, sea salt, black pepper, coconut oil and eggs. Pulse till combined.
- Spread dough out evenly over baking sheet– can make as thick or thin as you like.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the crust is golden, crispy on the edges and cooked through the middle.
- Remove the crust from the oven.
- Enjoy warm.
All rights reserved to Purelytwins.com
Now those are some real food breadsticks.
Check out these bread-like recipes
Lentil flatbread with roasted pepper sunflower spread (vegan)
raw vegan pepper sunflower bread
sweet potato flatbread
grain-free vegan plantain socca
Twins question: How do you like your brussel sprouts? Do you like balsamic vinegar? What would you enjoy with these breadsticks?
be passionate and fit
Disclosure: In order to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation for our recommendations and/or links to any products from this blog. Please note, we only endorse products that are in alignment with Purely Twins values and we believe would benefit of our readers. Some post may have affiliate links, which means if you buy something through these links, Purely Twins gets a small percentage at no extra cost to you. We appreciate the support as it helps keep Purely Twins going!