Howdy luvs!

Remember our other two surveys Lori’s part and Michelle’s part, well here is another fun survey that we have seen a few fellow bloggers do and thought again it was a great idea to do it too! Hope you don’t mind getting to know us a little more 😉  We took just some of the questions that we felt like answering.

Time to learn little more about us at the moment.

Today our survey is a little more about what we eat.

1. What do you eat for breakfast?

What we eat for breakfast tends to vary. We sometimes have a green juice along with some coconut oil, gelatin, and perfect fit protein powder. Sometimes we add in fruit, although due to experimenting with our skin issues we have been avoiding fruit for about a month now.  Lori does not miss fruit, but Michelle does.  Both of us we enjoy having healthy fats with some protein for breakfast.  If we want more carbs we have been enjoying local raw honey.

breakfast sludge

2. How much water do you drink a day?

We drink when we are thirsty. Trying not to overdo our water intake as we mentioned before about fixing our metabolism.  Some days we drink more water than others, but if we had to guess on average maybe 6-12 cups.

3. How many calories do you eat a day?

No idea. We don’t really track calories a whole lot since we eat pretty nutrient dense foods. We stopped counting calories over 4 years ago and have not looked back since.  80-90% of our diet is real whole foods so we do not stress over calories.

We don’t feel our ancestors really counted so why should we. In addition, we find it hard to believe nutrition apps off your iphone as each site may say something different for nutritional value. So we feel we do not need to really stress about counting. Plus we have read about companies giving false information on their labels.

But thought we counted macros? Well yes and no. We follow basic guidelines.  Our eats tend to change a lot so hard to keep up.

4. What are your favorite healthy snacks?

Protein sludges made from perfect fit protein powder, avocado puddings (our favorite recipe in our cookbook), protein english muffins, protein thin mints. And eating plantains with tahini. And love snacking on any new recipe we are testing, which this time of the year is a lot 😉

5. What do you usually eat for dinner?

Either fish or meat with veggies and sometimes with a carb source ( like rice or plantains), half avocado and coconut oil.  Oh and sometimes we add black lava sea salt. Simple protein, fat, and carbs.

lori table

6. What are your “bad” food cravings?

Cookies, brownies, and raw desserts. Again mostly we crave sweets.  Having a nice dessert does hit the spot for us.

brownie dessert

flourless brownie topped with pumpkin peanut butter

7. Do you take vitamins or supplements?

Yes fermented cod liver oil, probiotic, digestive enzymes, vitex, magnesium, l-glutamine are our staples lately. We have thrown in some other ones from time to time, but those are our main go-to supplements as wecontinue to heal our gut (digestive and skin issues) and balance our hormones. We will have to do a follow-up on supplements soon.

supplementstohealthegut

8. How often do you eat out?

Not that often unless we are traveling or our parents are in town.

9. Do you eat fast food?

No unless you consider wholefoods hot bar one, haha.

10. Who is your biggest supporter?

Each other. One great thing about being twins.

11. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Tough to say, but lately we would say we average about 7 hours – we want to get 8-9 but does not happen that often. Sleep is soooo important in healing therefore we try to get sleep when we can!
purelytwins
12. Do you have a “cheat” day?
Not really. When we want a dessert or something we eat it. We don’t like calling things cheat meals as it makes us feel like we are doing something wrong when there is nothing necessarily wrong when you want a cookie or cake. Of course we are not saying go out and eat cookies at every meal, just meaning that we try not to put too many restrictions on ourselves.   Restrictions for us can lead to over doing something. Rather then having something little here and there to prevent binging.

We only have this one life so we try to find balance with it all!

wine cheers

13. Do you drink alcohol?

Yes, not that often but we do. Again it is about finding balance that works for you and your lifestyle.

14. What was the last healthy thing you did?

About to film a purely fit life workout  and nourishing our bodies with some yummy food.

Be passionate and fit.

#bepurelyyou

L&M

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

24 thoughts on “What we eat food survey

1. I’ll answer #1:

I usually eat carb-heavy breakfasts. My usual is toast or a bagel with PB and banana, jam, or pumpkin butter (just had that this morning!) oh, and of course, my huge mug of coffee. It energizes me for my morning workouts!

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 9:37 am
    1. yum! oh yes lots of coffee here too 😉

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 1:18 pm
  2. girls, such a great post! i love learning more about the both of you and i found myself nodding throughout the whole post! love it! i want to try gelatine some time soon 🙂

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 9:48 am
    1. love ya!

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 1:18 pm
  3. Great survey!!! I love that you don’t track calories and your snacks <3<3. My favorite snacks are homemade bars, apples and nut butter, carrots and mustard.

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 9:57 am
    1. carrots and mustard – yum!

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 1:19 pm
  4. Fun! Love that you ladies share so much of your journey. The last healthy thing I did… cancel my track workout to sleep and recovery. Sometimes stepping back is the best for our bodies.

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 10:05 am
    1. totally agree!

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 1:19 pm
  5. Love your food survey:)
    I definitely wish I was better about my sleeping habits but sadly they are not the greatest at the moment. Something I’m always working on. And I really need to try out gelatin one of these days. I always hear great stuff and then get too nervous to actually try it out.

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 11:11 am
    1. we love our gelatin, has helped us in so many ways.

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 1:19 pm
      1. Can you please expand on how gelatin has helped you all?

Posted on November 15, 2013 at 7:55 pm
        1. Alisha well gelatin has helped with give us protein, plus helped with hair, nails, and out gut.

Posted on November 15, 2013 at 8:02 pm
          1. Ok then, thanks! 🙂

Posted on November 15, 2013 at 8:56 pm
  6. I love the biggest supporter question – that’s why I always wished I was a twin! And the breakfast you showed, do you have an idea of amounts? I bought gelatin a while back to make marshmallows and I’d love to try making a sludge like that but wondered what ratios you usually use before I start experimenting!

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 12:29 pm
  7. mmmm wine. I drink it every night, one glass. no shame. and i wish i could come for dinner. I’m inviting myself.
    😉

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 5:01 pm
    1. girl you are always welcome 🙂

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 7:31 pm
  8. I don’t have a cheat day either. I just eat healthy most of the time, and if I am craving something, I let myself have a little treat. No need in keeping good things from yourself. Moderation is key!

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 5:08 pm
    1. exactly!

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 7:31 pm
  9. I would love to learn more about the supplements you take! I have digestive/IBS problems and am not currently take any supplements besides a multivitamin. I’m curious if you’ve felt supplements such as probiotics have been helpful. I took some for a while, but didn’t notice much of a difference, so I stopped taking them.

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 5:45 pm
  10. I usually eat foods rich in protein because I am working out. I believe that I need to eat more healthy foods and rich in protein foods.

Posted on November 12, 2013 at 7:08 pm
  11. My “bad” food craving would definitely be ice cream! I still eat it a lot though, no sense in depriving myself of such a good thing 😉

Posted on November 13, 2013 at 7:28 am
    1. yep 🙂

Posted on November 13, 2013 at 7:44 am
  12. it’s cool to learn more about your diet overall. i like that you don’t do “cheat days” – i used to do them in college and it was so dumb. i’d find myself eating crappy processed sugar treats even though i didn’t want them because it was my “only chance”. now i wait for the good homemade or restaurant desserts that come along and are worth it! and i never know when they will come along! i also like the whole our-ancestors-didn’t-count-calories thing. so true. as long as you are aware and listen to your body it’s not necessary.

Posted on November 13, 2013 at 11:45 am
  13. Do you have a cheat day?
    I don’t have a cheat day and I agree, if I want to indulge in something I do. I find it way easier to live a healthy balanced life by not restricting myself!!

I love the survey!