Hey luvs,

We are doing something different today for our Purely Talk.

We thought we would do more of a vlog of our road trip down to Orlando. Something a little fun. We hope you guys enjoy being in the car with us. A little peak of what it is like with us as we travel.

Enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

purely travel-01

suja green juice

Loving this green Suja green supreme juice.

lori blogging

Stopped by Wholefoods on our journey to get our blog posts upย (so happy you guys are loving that recipe) thank goodness for free wifi!ย

Other things we brought with us that were not in video:

food

Lots of plantains and bags of our fat burning protein thin mints and chocolate pumpkin bites.

food2

All of our supplements, lemons, calm, coconut oil, fermented cod liver oil, our bags of mush (mentioned in video), and a new car ride snack Nature’s Path Corn Puffs.

What…we are eating corn? Yep! We felt like them and enjoyed snacking on them. We normally don’t really eat things from a box that much, but it is nice to have a change from time to time. And we liked the simple ingredient list with these corn puffs cereal. Felt like kids again ๐Ÿ˜‰

desserts

And of course brought a freezer full of desserts that we enjoyed with the older sister last night.

Pumpkin mallomars and cookie dough brownie pie.

breakfast

Now sitting and enjoying this yummy breakfast before we head over to the event to start setting up. Today is set-up day! ย Coffee along with our protein mush with plantain chips. Delicious.

See you over on instagram and twitter as we will try to share what we are up to for the day.

Twins question: ย What did you have for breakfast today? What road trip snacks do you like to enjoy? Any fun plans for today or the weekend? Do you like vlogs?

#bepurelyyou

be passionate and fit

L&M

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

12 thoughts on “road trip vlog

1. Fun! For breakfast, I had a vegan pancake with homemade honey peanut butter (so good) and berries. This weekend I am pumped to do a race in NC!

Posted on November 7, 2013 at 11:11 am
    1. Taylor have a great race

Posted on November 7, 2013 at 7:43 pm
  2. I always love watching your video blogs ๐Ÿ™‚ I am the same way when I travel. I always bring things with me wherever I go! I have an extremely sensitive stomach and I have crazy reactions to everything. I’m in the process of healing my acne and my gut..it’s been a long, long process but it’s getting better. Now I’m living in Europe for a year teaching in Hungary and I was worried about finding a health food store when I first moved here. However, I ended up living right next door to one in the city! Lucky me! It is definitely way more expensive and I have a small salary because I’m a teacher but I think it’s worth it to spend the money on good, healthy food. My friends think I’m crazy but I like to know what I am putting in my body and I know my body does much better when I’m giving it organic and whole foods instead of junk.

Posted on November 7, 2013 at 11:15 am
    1. Alicia you are not crazy! So glad you have a store for you to get goodies

Posted on November 7, 2013 at 7:43 pm
  3. Hey do you ladies have trouble peeling plantains when they are that green? The man at the product store told me those ones have to be boiled first. What do you think? I know you’re the experts ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted on November 7, 2013 at 12:10 pm
    1. Jen yes they are very hard to peel, although it can be hit or miss for us. Boiling them probably makes them easier to work with, we are just too lazy

Posted on November 7, 2013 at 7:45 pm
  4. like vlogs but you guys made me so nervous driving with the camera haha! be safe!! my breakfast this morning was not really one…1/3 c full fat coconut milk in coffee. my experiment was timed and needed to be done first thing when i got to work and it took till 1pm to finish! so my first ‘real meal’ was then..canned crab+nori + roasted brussels in oregano/evoo + some broc. definitely need a big dinner!

i love hard boiled eggs + juices for trip snacks! raw nuts/seeds do in a pinch as well ๐Ÿ™‚ my parents are here visiting from south carolina so im trying to squeeze in a visit before they run back down south to escape our cold!

Posted on November 7, 2013 at 3:43 pm
    1. Enjoy your time with your parents

Posted on November 7, 2013 at 7:46 pm
  5. LOVE this vlog, made me want to take a road trip with you all! I absolutely love road trips and driving. I also go to WF wherever I travel, I love seeing how they’re different from one another but at the same time I like the familiarity and knowing I can find things I can eat. Sometimes I’ll find a local store, but only if I’ll be there for a while. For example, in Colorado Springs my parents have a house so I found a small local store that I really like.

As for juices and smoothies versus food in its normal state, I say go with whatever you feel like! I love green juices but don’t buy them much since they’re pretty expensive. I like smoothies when I’m in the mood for them as well. I usually try and go with juices if my GI system isn’t reacting well to fiber at the time.

Posted on November 7, 2013 at 3:46 pm
  6. I’m preparing for a (short) road trip for a week away and this has inspired me to thing outside of my go-to trip food box! ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted on November 8, 2013 at 5:52 pm
  7. Great vlog ladies! ๐Ÿ™‚ I prefer to travel by car so I can pack more than I need. I always travel with lots of food and snacks as I have celiacs and it is hard for me to find places that can accommodate my dietary needs. My favorite road snacks include your plantain bread :), crackers, larabars, nuts, carrots, hummus. Enjoy your time at the Wine and Dine marathon! That race is on my bucket list

Posted on November 9, 2013 at 8:59 am
  8. Awesome road trip eats ladies! I do okay with corn in moderation too and love that cereal! So sweet and brings up memories of corn pops! I’m on a road trip right now and packed some vegan/paleo sweet potato brownies for a treat. Breakfasts when I can’t cook are usually a pkg of brown rice protein powder or vanilla hemp protein mixed with ground chia and made into an “oatmeal” with hot water. I add some stevia and a big spoonful of coconut butter (Which I ALWAYS travel with). Sometimes if I’m at a hotel and they have free breakfasts I may add some fruit or nut mix but not all the time. I also travel with unsweetened almond or coconut milk made at home and put into mason jars for my coffee. This trip I also had some of your egg free socca with me that made a great snack when I was hiking! Keep up the egg free paleo friendly eats!!

Posted on November 9, 2013 at 4:32 pm