Glad to hear everyone liking our 360 rep time challenge #purelyfitlife workout. Some of you gave it a try and liked it…well it kicked your butts Keep up the great work!!
HIIT training means working out doing rest (or lower intensity) interval alternating with higher intense interval. For example, pushing yourself for 30 seconds doing some form of activity like single arm get ups then resting for 10 seconds. Repeat that action. Give our 16 minute interval workout a go. Or do tabata style HIIT training for a fast effective workout like this 20 minute tabata workout.
One of the biggest fitness barriers many people deal when sticking with a regular exercise program is the time it takes to do it. That they don’t have enough time. Well, we have the answer for you. Getting in shape and burning fat does not have to take hours at the gym. Nope, we can get you in amazing shape in under 30 minutes a day, usually under 20 minutes a day.
We have talked about how we stay fit in working out in under 30 minutes. And we are excited to hear many of our Purely Fitters are getting get results with shorter workouts too.
We don’t have anything against steady state of cardio. We do feel there is a time and place for those workouts. And we also think you don’t have to feel like you have to do steady state of cardio, it’s not for everyone. We do feel most people would benefit greatly from doing more HIIT style workouts in their fitness plan.
We want to help inspire and motivate YOU to love HIIT training has much as we do. And for you to be the inspiration for others to get in shape and feel good. Remember to keep working hard because you could be the inspiration for someone else! Keep going
7 reasons to love and do more HIIT:
- It’s fun —> you always do different things so never bored. Doing different intervals and different exercises helps keep workouts fun! Right purely fitters?
- Quick to the point —> efficient. Perfect for those short on time to get a really great workout it. More and more research is showing that you can achieve progress and results doing HIIT training than someone jogging on a treadmill.
- Little to no equipment needed —> bodyweight is just perfect for most exercises. We love doing exercises that don’t require really any equipment. Making the body work at a high intensity and using your own weight is perfect for getting a good workout.
- Can do it anywhere –> easy to travel with and do in limited spaces. Really no excuse not to workout.
- Makes you discover your limits –> it can come down to mental battle with yourself if you can really push yourself doing those 30 or 50 seconds of movement. You will not only get physically stronger, but your mind gets stronger too! Remember the mind-body connection
- Build muscle —> lose fat. You burn more fat in HIIT training. Even using bodyweight exercises at a high intensity builds muscles. It helps increase your metabolism. We have noticed our strength and muscles grow more over the years from doing HIIT training.
- Customizable —> anyone can do it. You can change things up to fit your fitness level. Yep even beginners can do HIIT!
Does HIIT training really work?
Yes. For us it does. You have to really push yourself during those high bursts intervals to your max effort.
HIIT training can be painful, but it does work. Doing HIIT cardio is one of the best ways to burn fat.
For us personally, the more we are consistent with doing HIIT we see more results. Now we don’t only do just HIIT, we do a mix of workouts. In our Purely Fit Life program you get to see the variety we do! The biggest thing we have seen from HIIT is our muscle definition overtime has improved, as well as our strength. Our changes might not look like much, but we are happy with our little improvements. Progress is progress, no matter how small or big.
More benefits of HIIT:
HIIT trains and conditions both your anaerobic and aerobic energy systems HIIT causes metabolic adaptations that enable you to use more fat as fuel under a variety of conditions. Improved insulin sensitivity. Increased lactate threshold.
There are many different ways to go about doing HIIT, each involving different intervals of high and low intensities, doing different levels of intensity during the low intensity intervals, having different lengths of time for each interval, and different numbers of training sessions per week.
If you don’t know where to start with doing more HIIT training in your current workouts, don’t worry we have your covered. We can help you love interval training and start seeing results fast. We provide real time workouts and workout schedules to maximize your training efforts to get the most out of them. Click to join our purely fit team.
We look forward in kicking your butt every day in our purely inspire workout program.
Be Passionate and Fit. xoxo
Love you guys!! Way to go with the workouts