marshmallow vanilla puffs aka “healthier” rice crispy treat

Hey there luvs!

You know that we take any chance to get in the kitchen to create new recipes. And a few weeks ago we had one of those moments where we tried combining two recipes to create one delicious recipe. We wanted to create some sort of “healthier” rice crispy treat recipe, so this is what we came up with.

gluten free vanilla protein marshmallow puffs recipe

We mixed our sugar-free marshmallows with our vanilla puff cereal to create marshmallow vanilla puffs.

We basically wanted to mix our marshmallows with something to create something similar to a rice crispy treat.

And after some thought… we decided on mixing it with vanilla puff cereal would be perfect.

cereal marshmallow puffs

Friends… it came out perfect!! Such a dense treat too. It may look simple and not much to it, but it’s not.  These marshmallow puffs are full of flavor and very filling.

We only used about half a marshmallow recipe. But we feel using a whole recipe would work well too.

pouring

Once your marshmallows are just about done blending stop mixing, pour over your vanilla puffs in a large bowl. Stir around to coat the vanilla puffs. Pour into a 6 inch circle pan. Or you could pour into a muffin pan for more individual style.

marshmallow vanilla cereal puffs

This recipe takes less than 20 minutes to make too. Quick and delightful kind of treat.

Marshmallows + vanilla puffs. Ya… not really sure what exactly we were thinking for this recipe…but it turned out! And these marshmallow puffs are just as addicting as the two recipes on their own.

healthy vanilla cereal marshmallow puffs

Easy as 1 – 2 – 3. Well almost. You do have to let it sit for a little bit before enjoying.

Marshmallow vanilla puffs are great for anyone. If you are looking for something a little different and nutritious try these out.

Promise they will not disappoint.

vanilla protein marshmallow puff

Now we can have two of our favorite recipes in one treat!

Brillant!

marshmallow vanilla puffs

serves 6

marshmallow vanilla puffs

A healthy alternative to rice crispy treats - homemade vanilla puff cereal mixed with sugar free marshmallows.

Ingredients

Directions

1. Make your marshmallows. Click here for a video of how to make them
  2. Beat for about 8 minutes, you want it to be a little runny. Pour over vanilla puff cereal. Stir around until coated and then pour into a pan. *pour as much or as little marshmallows as you want.
  3. Any size pan will do, the bigger then pan will result in thinner bars. We used a 6 in circle pan. Muffin pan would work too. Lightly grease the pan or line with parchment paper so they pop out easier.
  4. Let sit in fridge to set. Then slice and enjoy.

That my friends can be happily enjoyed anytime of the day! Not saying that we ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

cuteline3-01

purelytwins recipes

purelytwins recipes2

Love seeing you guys enjoy our cocoa puffs, protein banana bread, soft batch cookies, and more of our recipes ;)

Twins question: What is one recipe that you could eat anytime of the day?

till next time,

L&M

19 Responses to marshmallow vanilla puffs aka “healthier” rice crispy treat

1. Anything with almond butter I could eat anytime of day!
    Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted..WIAW: Lentil Veggie Tacos and Pumpkin Pie Quinoa FlakesMy Profile

2. I think I could eat egg scrambles with veggies and salsa or tomato sauce any time of the day – I love it so much! Your new recipe combo looks great :)
    Megan (The Lyons’ Share) recently posted..Calorie-Blasting ABCBC Treadmill WorkoutMy Profile

3. Victoria says:

OMG. That’s all I have to say about these. I guess it’s time to pick up some gelatin!
    Victoria recently posted..2013 Invermere “Loop The Lake” Half Marathon RecapMy Profile

4. Lisa says:

Um. No words. This is beyond brilliant:) You girls manage to do it again! I’m convinced I need to pick up some gelatin now, but for some reason I’m a little nervous to try it out! Not sure why.
    Lisa recently posted..Comment on Top 5 Healthy Frozen Treats by Sam @ Better With SprinklesMy Profile

5. You girls have been cooking right up my alley lately with all of these cereal recipes! Love this one too!
    Kristi @ lifesprinkles recently posted..Tooth TroubleMy Profile

6. Those look soooo delicious!
    Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted..Chickpea Caesar WrapMy Profile

7. I wish I was as creative as you girls :) Love these!
    sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..WIAW- Eats LatelyMy Profile

8. amanda jewell says:

Do you think it’s possible to make the marshmallows without a stand up or hand mixer? Could it be whipped by hand? Or blended? Gah! I need to make these marshmallows b/c I’m getting bored of my current gelatin mash.

• purelytwins says:

you might be able to hand whip – it will just be a good arm workout ;) as you probably have to do it for about 10 minutes. not sure about the blender, you could try.

9. Not a recipe, but I could seriously eat froyo anytime of the day, any type of weather ;)
    Jojo @ RunFastEatLots recently posted..Flying through CloudsMy Profile

10. lindsay says:

watch out rice crispies, the Twins have got it made! so in love with this!!
    lindsay recently posted..The Cotter Feeding Zone: Race WeekMy Profile

11. Hannah says:

Yayy!! I have been craving some rice krispy treats and these sound like they will hit the spot! Would it work with the maple syrup marshmallow recipe?

12. Chris says:

These look incredible!!! I, too, have been craving Rice Crispy Treats!

What is the texture like? Are hard or soft when you bite into them?

Thanks!

13. Lauren says:

Hi Laurie and Michelle,

I recently bought some Great Lakes Kosher Beef gelatin and attempted to make your stevia vanilla marshmallows last week. Good news: I had no problem with your recipe! It was stellar! Bad news: the smell of cow manure was overwhelming from the gelatin. Is this normal, or do I have a bad batch of gelatin on my hands? Thank you!

• purelytwins says:

gelatin does have a very unique smell, but we never notice it too much so maybe you could have a bad batch or maybe you need more vanilla in them to help. or using a little maple syrup or honey along with the stevia could help too.

14. This is genius! I’m going back to school soon so I won’t have any time in the kitchen, but I’m definitely going to keep this in mind for Christmas treats. So many fun things that you can do with rice krispie treats!
    Eating 4 Balance recently posted..Game Changer Chocolate FrostingMy Profile