pancakes, raw cookie dough, plantain burger, sushi

Just a few things we are remembering from the weekend ;)

Haha

Howdy luvs, how was your weekend? We had a blast…okay not everything we did was a blast but we enjoyed every minute with our parents.  Lori had a dentist appointment this morning and got a clean bill of health. Speaking of doctor appointments we are in the process of finding a regular doctor to get a basic check-up and maybe some blood work done. You know just to see how we are doing.

sunday breakfast

We enjoyed homemade goat kefir with lots of cereal

plantain donuts

While Gary and our parents enjoyed chocolate chip plantains donuts (the recipe only made 4 donuts, so we happily enjoyed more cereal). And we all enjoyed some fig plantain bread.

Lunch was just as good as breakfast was…

plantain burger bun

We took our plantain bread and cut it into circles to make buns!! Brilliant idea.

We enjoyed this with spinach and grass-fed beef with avocado, spiralized squash with coconut oil, and local lamb brat.

Amazing cannot even describe it.

We enjoyed dinner out on Saturday at a favorite restaurant of ours in Charlotte – 300 East.  If you come visit Charlotte, you must try to eat there. The atmosphere, food, and drinks are all wonderful….and remember to pick us up, haha

raw cookie dough brownie bar

We just love how our parents know to never order dessert as they know we always have something waiting at home.

Not sure if this beat the snickerdoodle cake with ice cream or not. But we love chocolate. We love raw cookie dough. Match made in heaven.

Click here to get the recipe for this raw brownie cookie dough pie.

michelle and jax

Michelle and Jax having a moment…

peanut butter plantain pancakes

Sunday we started the day rested and hungry.

*we will share in another post about what work we did over the weekend.  we were busy little bees.

Baked plantain pancakes to the rescue. We doubled our baked tahini pancakes with a few tweaks – threw in a banana and did peanut butter instead of tahini. As our parents are not fans of tahini, haha

pancakes with syrup

Perfect with some maple syrup…and lots of coffee!

seeing all this food is making us hungry again

Sunday lunch

We enjoyed one last meal before the parents left – eggs, spinach, plantain bread, plantain chips, and local sausage.

jax and lori

Jax felt left out ;)

sushi

Enjoyed lots of sushi and ginger. A perfect ending to a marvelous weekend. We love fresh ginger, do you?

After enjoying 3 days of bliss and took days off from working out, we woke up Monday ready to go.

Ready to get back on track one day at time.

arm workout and plank

arm workout

Sure felt great to work the arms.

cinnamon toast crunch cereal

Goat yogurt and cinnamon toast crunch for breakfast.

monday lunch

Yep more cereal at lunch with plantain, grass-fed burger, and raw spiralized zucchini with coconut oil and black sea salt. Simple meal full of flavor!

and we are suckers, haha just cannot stop eating cereal. the addiction must stop.

dinner

Ended our day with more plantains cooked up with eggs (one raw egg yolk), arugula, coconut oil and raw grated carrots.  Loved it!

cuteline3-01

purely fit life shout outs

Love all the #purelyfitlife shout-outs!! you guys rock

Okay well sorry for the late post, we are a little off schedule this morning. But we got more recipes coming later this week!! And glad everyone enjoyed our single-serving recipe collection as well purelyfitlife #24 16 minute fat burning workout.

Twins Question: Do you like going to the dentist? When was the last time you have been to the doctors? Do you like eating out or do you prefer eating in when you have company in town?

till next time,

L and M

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

19 Responses to pancakes, raw cookie dough, plantain burger, sushi

1. I adore baked plantains with chocolate chips on them- so delicious! This goat kefir looks good as well.
    McKel Hill, MS, RD, LDN | Nutrition Stripped recently posted..Products I Love | August 2013My Profile

2. Lisa says:

All your eats look amazing as they always do.
    I love the looks of your Lunch. Kind of want to replicate that for myself today.
    I can’t get enough of plantains these days ever since I tried them out!
    I do actually like the dentist…but that may be because I wanted to be a dental hygienist for the longest time!
    Lisa recently posted..Simply LovelyMy Profile

• purelytwins says:

so happy to hear that you are loving plantains :) yay!!
      years ago we wanted to be dental hygienist too, funny how things change.

3. You guys are amazing – you make everything from plantains! Love it. Can’t wait to hear more about that cookie dough!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Going Outside of My Comfort ZoneMy Profile

4. amanda jewell says:

Oh man you guys had some good eats! lucky tummies! love the idea of cutting the bread into circles! When I have guests in town, I usually like eating out for 1 meal a day and then do a big, home cooked dinner one night. If I were your parents, I’d never order dessert out too… you ladies make the best desserts!

5. Those plantain burgers look so hearty and delicious! And all of your pancakes. I love how creative you ladies are! Great workouts too. Everything is lookin’ awesome!
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Waffles or Pancakes?My Profile

6. Caitlin says:

i love that pic of jax sitting in lori’s lap at the dinner table. he is the cutest <3
    Caitlin recently posted..Apple Pie Quinoa Breakfast BowlMy Profile

7. Philips says:

Just amazing foods those are!! I’m feeling hungry to have some those. Eating healthy foods good for fitness and those foods are just perfect to keep health fit and active. My favorite is Charlotte and glad you like that place as well. I like that restaurant because of atmosphere, foods and their well behavior. Thanks.
    Philips recently posted..Benefits of shaving your pubic areaMy Profile

8. Last time I went to the dentist was… in December. I am actually going to dental school next year, so I don’t mind going to the dentist at all! haha I like to watch and learn about what he’s doing, cause it’s really interesting to me!
    Jojo @ RunFastEatLots recently posted..Fartlek means Speed PlayMy Profile

9. Why you have yet to create a FOOD DELIVERY service is beyond me, because I KNOW I WOULD BE your BEST customer! HA HA!
    GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted..Do You Need A Rocket Scientist To Lose Weight?My Profile

10. I love that pic of Michelle and Jax, so cute&adorable!
    Can not wait for the raw brownie recipe – i LOVE raw desserts!!
    Lucie@FtiSwissChick recently posted..WIAW#33 – What I ate on a weekend dayMy Profile

11. Joy says:

I’m loving the purely fit life workouts :-) and to answer your questions I hate the dentist
    Joy recently posted..In the fashionMy Profile

12. Can’t wait to hear more about the cookie dough! All your food looks great and Jax is just adorable!:)
    Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake recently posted..WIAW 8/21My Profile

13. Heather @dragonflygirlruns says:

From your posts I am clearly not getting enough plantains in!! I do love them and so happy to see so many recipes with them in it. Unfortunately I have to adapt the recipes since I cannot tolerate eggs. Which leads to your questions…. I am at the doctors more often than not, I have Hasimoto’s :( Lots of intolerances. The dentist I do like that queaky clean feeling, that appointment is coming up very soon!

Eating out is easier with company I find, since I typically have foods in the house that only my husband and myself like and others think as weird.

• purelytwins says:

Heather we have a lot of egg-free recipes using plantains, and if you ever need help with a recipe email us!

14. It looks so yummy and mouth watering too. The pictures of the food looks good for any occasion whether for dinner, party etc. I think everyone will enjoy it I am sure and I think it’s low calorie also. I love plantain and for sure I’ll try these food or recipe to make but where is the recipe please share it.