Hey luvs!

Waiting for anything is hard, right? Especially when you see progress or amazing things happening to people around you.

Waiting to lose weight.

Waiting for a new skincare product to work.

Waiting for hormones to get balanced.

Waiting for test results.

Waiting for….

trust the process

Keep working hard each day, progress takes time. But if you keep up the hard work and stay focused on the process you will get there! The road won’t be easy but promise it will be worth it in the end, never give up!

Have faith. Stay strong.

side plank knee to elbow

To all of our purely fit sisters out there we are so proud of you, keep going. Whatever you are facing we will get through it together. We believe in you!

Promise….waiting will be worth it.

walk outside

Remember TRUST THE PROCESS.

Smile. Laugh. Live life. Love. Forgive. Never give up.

cuteline3-01

purely eats logo-01

Now onto some meals we have been enjoying…one thing we are not good at is waiting to eat. haha  We just love food. Always excited for our next meals.

Monday Breakfast

Waiting to enjoy breakfast like these is always worth the wait!

pancakes

Waiting for pancakes to cook…yes when they taste this good!

Protein plantain pancakes:

• 2 eggs (save one yolk to go on top)
  • 1 scoop protein powder (we did one scoop perfect fit protein which is about 3 tbsp for one scoop)
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 1/2 plantain (3 1/2 oz)

Directions: Blend in blender till smooth. Cook on skillet. Top with your favorite pancakes toppings.

We did one egg yolk, 1 teaspoon ghee, and 2 teaspoons maple…mmm

So worth the wait.

post workout meal

Working out hard to enjoy nourishing meals like this, worth the wait.

Yesterday we did our workout late morning, so enjoyed this post workout meal of local duck egg, banana, coconut oil, and a little preview of the recipe coming tomorrow!

Any guesses?

Promise it will be worth the wait 🙂

banana bread snack

nothing beats banana bread

dinner sunday night

dinner

Waiting for our dinners…never easy to do.

We have been enjoying having plantains (“carbs“) at dinner. There are a lot of different views on if you should have carbs at night, we personally have been loving it.

We notice when we have some starchy carbs at dinner we don’t crave dessert and we sleep better.

yard work

And Lori is patiently waiting for recently seeded clover to grow.

yard work 2

Gary and her were busy over the weekend. Working all day in their yard, which was pretty shocking as Lori (and Michelle) hate yard work.

Are you a yard person?

jax waiting

Jax waiting for daddy to get home…just too cute. Love this dog.

cuteline3-01

more food love

And love seeing you guys enjoying plantain socca, plantain bread, and carrot cake socca (an old recipe but a goodie) !

Twins Question: What are you waiting for….?

Lori and Michelle

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

13 thoughts on “Protein plantain pancake recipe

1. Always love the looks of your meals. Yum.
    Okay, I need to check out your carrot cake socca – that sounds awesome!

Posted on August 6, 2013 at 12:13 pm
  2. Just a random thing, your green juices always look SO good – did you post a recipe of it?

Posted on August 6, 2013 at 1:32 pm
  3. Yall look AMAZING! You’re right- its so worth waiting. And why I have I not purchased plantains yet? I need to make some of your delish plantain recipes, like these pancakes! I’m currently pushing through a tough week at work….I hate to rush time, but I’m waiting for this work week to be OVER

Posted on August 6, 2013 at 2:37 pm
  4. Your food always looks so delicious and pretty! I just bought garbanzo flour and can’t wait to follow one of your recipes!

Posted on August 7, 2013 at 2:43 am
    1. thanks Stacey 🙂 oh yay — if you try socca with it you will love it!

Posted on August 7, 2013 at 11:11 am
  5. nothing.
    life is too fleeting.

Posted on August 7, 2013 at 8:41 am
    1. 🙂 xoxo

Posted on August 7, 2013 at 11:12 am
  6. Waiting to get into better shape and figure out my diet and what gives me the most sustained energy throughout the day. Sometimes I get frustrated, especially with trying to cut out healthy foods that I know give me issues, and I eat them anyways b/c I feel like its unfair that I have these issues with such healthy foods. It’s a viscous cycle that I am slowly digging myself out of. One day at a time.

Posted on August 7, 2013 at 9:05 pm
  7. Off topic – I’m on my phone and have a question and don’t feel like searching for the relatable post. Anyway Lori, do you have any advice or tips on what to do for a particularly large and painful pimple? I’ve recently started experiencing HUGE acne pimples here and there that last for ever and tend to be very painful until they pop. Is there anything I can do to speed the process or reduce the size or just make the damn things more manageable? It’s very embarrassing and OTC meds and products don’t seem to help so I’m trying things naturally with my regular skin care. I’ve started with coconut oil, vitamins, attempted clean eating and am considering joining your workout plan. Help! And thanks for Sharing your experiences, struggles, progresses and inspiration!

Posted on August 8, 2013 at 12:47 am
    1. On my huge painful pimples I like putting a mixture of lemon juice and Manuka honey on them and let it sit over night. Another product that I have been using here very recently and liking is activated charcoal – I mix a little with water and dab on pimple and let dry for 30 minutes. It is messy but works. And one more thing I am trying and liking it rubbing banana peel on my pimples, rub for about 3-5 minutes and let it sit on face as long as I can, usually do it over night and rinse in the morning. Hope these help!!

Posted on August 8, 2013 at 9:35 am
  8. I’m always so excited about my next meal. Your meals always look so balances and delicious. I seriously need to find some plantains out here. Boston is making it hard for me to find my usual staples (plantains, spaghetti squash, etc..)

Posted on August 8, 2013 at 1:51 pm
  9. I LOVE eating runny yolk on top of things like a sweet potato or these pancakes, i usually just use the yolk from a sunny side up egg though, how do you girls preserve just the yolk to go on top? Do you cook it slightly?

Posted on October 9, 2013 at 7:02 pm
    1. we sometimes cook slightly but really we keep it raw and place on top when done, only when we are using good local eggs

Posted on October 9, 2013 at 7:18 pm