How are you this morning? How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun or exciting? Eat anything yummy?
Today we are sharing a banana bread recipe that we made a
few times 3 times to be exact. We played around with a few ingredients but came back to the first time we made it… as we felt that one came out best.
Looking for a grain-free gluten-free soy-free nut-free and egg-free banana bread recipe we got you covered.
So, if you are looking to increase protein in your diet, enjoy naturally sweetened gluten-free and grain-free baked goods, or trying to eat overall ‘clean’, then you will LOVE this protein banana bread recipe.
Banana bread is one of those all time classic recipes. But even classics can be upgraded or jazzed up some.
This bread is free of gluten, grain, egg, dairy, nut and soy, and naturally sweetened…what a mouth full…even though it might be free of many things promise this banana bread is soft, chewy, dense, and flavorful.
In this particular banana bread we made our own gluten-free flour blend. Did a mix of hemp protein powder mixed with arrowroot and coconut flour. We followed the ratio from our cookbook. (which is a BONUS for those wanting a grain-free flour blend for our recipes). Although, feel free to use any gluten-free flour blend of your liking. You can do 1 cup gluten-free flour blend with 1/2 cup hemp protein (or any protein powder of your liking).
The hemp protein provided a nice color and flavor to this banana bread. We are not sure if this recipe would work with another protein powder or not. We really like the combo of hemp protein, arrowroot and coconut flour.
One of the attempts that we tried with this recipe was doing 2 chia gels seeing if that would help lift the bread more… it did not work. We felt it made the banana bread a little more gummy.
We also did not add in extra sugar to the recipe. We relied on the bananas and plantain for some natural sweetness. Resulting in making a more dense, not overly sweet bread. But still delicious.
This quick banana bread slices perfectly. Nice thick, moist hearty slices. Slices that taste amazing cold or toasted.
Enjoy the warmth and delicious smell of quick bread – PROTEIN grain, gluten, and egg free banana bread!
protein banana bread (gluten, grain, soy, nut and egg free)
A healthy banana bread that is full of protein, fiber, naturally sweetened, and allergy friendly. Egg-free banana bread recipe.
- 3 large ripe bananas or 4-5 small ones (12oz once peeled)
- 1 medium plantain ( 5 3/4oz or 165g)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend (ours contained hemp protein)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 chia seed gel (1 tablespoon chia seeds with 3 tablespoon water) **or one egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid (2oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make your chia gel. Place 1 tablespoon chia seeds with 3 tablespoons, let sit for 10 minutes to form a gel. This is your egg. Feel free to use one egg.
- Peel bananas and plantain.
- Place in blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, place gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, freshly grated nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- Add in banana and plantain mixture into dry mix. Stir.
- Add in coconut oil and continue to stir.
- Keep stirring until everything is well blended.
- Pour into a lightly greased bread baking pan. One 9x5 bread loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
And if you want to replace the plantain we would suggest doing 2 cups flour blend instead of the 1 1/2 cups, and adding 1/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons milk of choice.
Storage - slice up and freeze slices in freezer safe containers or bags. Can store in fridge for 2-3 days.
All rights reserved to Purelytwins.com
Instead of a traditional banana bread recipe, why not make this delicious, protein-packed, gluten and grain free version of the bread that’s really a classic recipe?
Twins question: Do you like banana bread?
We sometimes like to throw in chocolate chips into our banana bread — what do you like to add to yours?
till next time,
Disclosure: In order to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation for our recommendations and/or links to any products from this blog. Please note, we only endorse products that are in alignment with Purely Twins values and we believe would benefit of our readers. Some post may have affiliate links, which means if you buy something through these links, Purely Twins gets a small percentage at no extra cost to you. We appreciate the support as it helps keep Purely Twins going!