sparked-interest

From us:

plantains donuts

Cannot get enough of protein plantain donuts

blueberries eggs sausage breakfast

We do eat other fruit besides bananas, plantains and figs 😉  Here we enjoyed some blueberries with our eggs.

enjoying failure recipes

Enjoyed lots of recipes failures this past week…no food goes to waste around here.

jax and cookie

Jax wants a soft batch cookie.

mint cookie

mmm mint chocolate chip cookie sandwich…we enjoyed a lot of these this past week.

banana bread

A perfect snack. Recipe coming this Monday… for our protein banana bread (it’s grain, gluten, and egg free)!

sprinting

With all this eating, we had to burn some calories off, right haha.

Did a little sprinting the other day with the best running partner – JAX.

From around the internet:

DIY: Personalized honey jars

10 things to slow down your metabolism

How to make your eyes look bigger

Learn how to do a handstand

Peanut butter cup macaroons

We can’t believe it is already AUGUST!!! Where did July go? Where is the summer going?

We have been enjoying our summer.  Enjoying the warm days and spending time with friends. We are excited for August as we have some fun things planned!

Twins question: Anything sparked your interest this week? Any new recipes? How was your weekend?

till next time,

L&M

purelytwins

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

13 thoughts on “sparks from the week: enjoying August

1. My weekend was great! Yesterday, I went to the farmer’s market and I was craving something sweet, so I got an almond croissant. It really hit the spot!
    I also had a race this morning and I had a lot of fun 🙂

Posted on August 4, 2013 at 12:16 pm
  2. I love these round ups – it’s been such a crazy week I felt like I fell behind! Baking failures never go to waste in my house. I had one this week but it just become a tasty protein smoothie bowl topping. 🙂

Posted on August 4, 2013 at 2:08 pm
  3. I can’t wait for the protein banana bread recipe – banana bread is one of my favorite things ever but can be LOADED with added sugar, which I’m sure yours won’t be :).

Posted on August 4, 2013 at 2:48 pm
  4. haha i love my figs and bananas and plantains. But ever so often i crave melon or kiwi. And I’m excited for august, maybe less heat here. hopefully! when are you guys coming to visit? <3

Posted on August 4, 2013 at 5:13 pm
    1. Lindsay haha I know we need to plan a visit 😉

Posted on August 4, 2013 at 5:41 pm
  5. I’m so grateful that you guys have so many great recipes to post. I’m curious: what might you suggest for someone who wants to try your protein powder recipes but can’t tolerate whey (not even grass-fed, hormone-free, squeaky clean) and can’t tolerate grains or soy (of any kind)? I probably know the answer already, but you have so many awesome protein powder-inspired recipes that I would love to give ’em a try if I can…

Posted on August 4, 2013 at 7:15 pm
    1. We would suggest hemp protein powder, that is another favorite of ours other than brown rice protein. We hope this helps.

Posted on August 4, 2013 at 8:46 pm
  6. I am also looking forward to the banana bread recipe! As Megan said, we know your recipe won’t have a lot of extra sugar added like most banana bread recipes do. 🙂

Posted on August 4, 2013 at 7:24 pm
    1. thanks Alisha 🙂

Posted on August 4, 2013 at 8:47 pm
  7. Round ups are so much fun. I should start doing them on my blog again too. Love to see what other people liked around the web and enjoy reading through. So thanks for the “How to do a Handstand” link up – I never managed doing one, so I’ll make sure to check this out.

Posted on August 5, 2013 at 5:03 am
  8. yes yes yes I SECOND THE HEMP’emotion!!

Posted on August 5, 2013 at 8:46 am
  9. What is your sprinting routine?

Posted on August 5, 2013 at 10:56 am
    1. we vary what we do in terms of sprinting, but the other day we did a tabata style sprint – 10 second rest and 20 seconds of sprinting for about 8 minutes total.

Posted on August 5, 2013 at 12:46 pm