ice cream and hormonal acne talk

Howdy luvs!! Looks like all of us are BIG fans of soft batch cookies and more tabata workouts :)  Thanks as always for the continued love and support! We truly appreciate it all! Now onto what we ate and did for our workouts lately. Later on I (Lori) discuss more about hormonal acne and what I have been dealing with for about a month. purelyfitness-logo

12 minute hitt cardio monday moves

plank and yoga workout

purelyfitlife workout

Been keeping up with our Purely Fit Power home workout program. Staring week 5 (beginning of month 2). And to all our other purely power fitters you guys are doing awesome! Love getting your emails, comments and check-ins!

cuteline3-01

purely eats logo-01

plantain donut

mmm donuts

love!

green juice

Love green juices – we are still juicing the same things we have been for weeks – kale (sometimes swiss chard), romaine, ginger, cucumber, lemon (or lime), and some type of fresh herb (parsley, mint, or basil).

perfect fit with banana

Some mornings we just want bananas mashed with our perfect fit sludge…and coconut oil of course!

dinner

Enjoyed this simple colorful dinner on Sunday – arugula, salmon, fermented veggies, black sea salt, avocado, coconut oil, and plantain.

lunch

Love simple meals – here was another simple dinner of greens, plantain, mahi, coconut oil, and fermented veggies

lunch yesterday A sweet and savory lunch…eggs, fermented veggies, coconut oil, and

cashew kombucha ice cream copy

Creamy cashew kombucha soft serve ice cream !

Ice cream is the perfect way to cool off during these hot months.

cuteline3-01

Okay time for the health — well hormonal acne update. I know that I have PCOS.

And I know that one condition of PCOS is ACNE! I am still suffering. I know it is a long journey to heal.

I am fighting…everyday.

I do see some improvements in some skin issues. Like my back acne is getting better. Mainly have two small patches on back of shoulder blades of acne scars. I have been using coconut oil and a lemon honey mixture (the same I use on my face at night) on my back acne, which seems to be helping. Hopefully over time those scars will hear and I can have a normal looking back again. Fingers crossed. Again not sure why I got back acne to begin with a few months ago. Still a mystery. Now to face. Not going to lie. I admit I am pretty darn frustrated with my face.

As you can tell from following my journey I have been a very unique case. One week I am acne free and then next week or weeks pimples all over. Since I have been so open with my acne struggle, it can be very scary to SHARE all my struggles.

As so many times I feel like a failure. And to be honest (since that is what we do here on purelytwins, be purely us all the time) I still feel like a failure most days. Since my last update I thought I had figured it all out.

There are no words to say how thankful I am for all the comments I still receive on those acne posts about other girls struggling as well and by seeing my store has helped them in so many ways. Reading those comments makes me smile, makes those nights when I cry because I can’t seem to figure out my damn hormonal acne – makes it worth it.

Below, you can see the acne that I have been dealing with healing this past month. Remember when I mentioned I was breaking out, and we thought it was from me getting my period (which I did end up getting my period that is 2 months in a row that I have gotten my period!!), but yet my hormones are still not right. As I broke out really bad this past time. And since they were the deep cystic style acne they take FOREVER to go away. loris face update   July 2nd, it was mainly on left side of face. Huge pimples. July 10th (sorry for the really bad lighting) starting to get a few more on both sides of the face. July 16 (have makeup on) but you can see they started to go away. more face pics   Over these past few weeks the pimples started to get smaller and less inflamed. And today (well yesterday morning) I got one new white head next to mouth area and a few more on the right side. Grrrrrr.

• The size of the pimples have reduced dramatically. Good news.
  • But I am still getting new pimples. Bad news.
  • The overall redness and other scarring from previous acne is less intense as you can see in some of the pictures. Good news.
  • Makeup helps make me look ‘normal’. Good news.
  • You can still see I have pimples if you are close to me. Bad news.
  • I know the root cause of my acne — all hormonal related. Good news.
  • All acne currently is hormonal (due to where I keep getting pimples). Bad news (as it is hard to just get rid of quickly).

I am still taking Vitex which I think has helped me get my period, but has not helped get me my clear skin. I still keep up with many things that I mentioned in my last acne update. There are some things I am starting to do differently: I stopped taking Maca a few weeks ago, I stopped having my face tea but starting that up again, I have increased my gelatin to 2 tbsp a day to 4 tbsp a day (just started), and been taking some new gut healing supplements hoping they help too.

lori now

Here is me last night. I have makeup on, as that is the only way to feel better about myself lately. And slowly the pimples are getting better. Never easy taking selfies like this.

All I can say…I am doing my best to keep my faith. That I will get my answers soon. Michelle sent me these quotes last night to help comfort me, as I struggled last night.  Thanks sis for your continued support.

keep head up

have patience

I read these quotes all day long.

I am really looking forward to the day where I REALLY no longer have acne. This is so embarrassing.

I hope my acne struggle still helps some of you who may be suffering; letting you’re not alone!

Thanks to all the FACEBOOK COMMENTS last night, really helped me!! xoxo

I will not give up. As I always tell my purely fitters to never give up on their fitness journey — I won’t give up on my journey to heal my hormonal acne.

If you are still reading this long update, thanks for sticking around. I will of course continue to update you on how I am doing. I feel like I say this every time but I am not sure what the future has in store for me.

till next time,

Lori

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

70 Responses to ice cream and hormonal acne talk

1. I am so sorry that you struggle with the acne Lori, but what I can say is simply: You are SO STRONG AND BRAVE!! I admire you for your raw honesty, you’re such an inspiration!! I know that this will help so many other women out there who struggle with the same thing. I love that you don’t give up. Way to go girl!!
    Lucie@FtiSwissChick recently posted..Tuesday Recipes – Healthy Fudge BrowniesMy Profile

2. Kris says:

Thank you for sharing your struggles with us Lovie, you are strong!!

I know what this is like….if you would ever like to talk, let me know I can share what helped me! Truthfully for me it was mostly self love and life changes :) i’d love to help you!

xxoo
    Kris

3. Lisa says:

Love that ice cream. Looks simply amazing. I’ve been loving healthy ice cream alternative these days, so I need to try your version!
    I’m sorry about the struggle with acne. I’ve had my struggle with cystic acne, and it was a really hard period in my life, but once I figured it out everything changed and I know it will happen with you girls!
    All I can recommend is things that worked for me, but skin is so individual it’s so hard to include things that work for me that may not work for other people. Kind of like food, right. Too bad not everyone is the same, it would make life so much easier ;)
    Lori you are beautiful, regardless of what’s happening with your skin.
    Lisa recently posted..July FavoritesMy Profile

• purelytwins says:

Lisa thank you so much for the kind words!! It would be awesome if everyone;s skin would be the same in a way, that would make things easier ;) HUGS

4. Sara says:

*Big hugs to Lori* you should never feel like a failure. You are brave enough to share your journey with the world, and that alone is an accomplishment. few people are willing to admit their struggles. As an acne sufferer myself, I always appreciate your honesty and tips. Keep your head up, dear. Your readers love you just the way you are!

5. I really hope your struggle with acne gets so much easier with all the different techniques you’re using to get rid of it! I have been having really bad acne and weird breakouts since I moved to santa cruz and I have concluded that it’s not hormones but actually something in the water, because I haven’t really changed anything else! I’ll be moving in two weeks so hopefully after I move back home things will get better! Had you thought of that, what’s in the water? Seems strange, but this has happened to me before with all the different places I’ve lived over the years!
    melissa @tryingtoheal recently posted..Into the NewMy Profile

• purelytwins says:

Melissa that is not strange at all! THere are so many things that can affect the body and skin. Hope your heals up!

6. Well, I think you and I might as well be twins!! Sweetie, I was in tears reading this and seeing your struggle. I still have yet to see real results. Like you, I see results for a week, and then it hits me head-on again. It’s so hard to deal with the fact that it is not going to happen overnight. It’s crazy to say this, but count yourself blessed with getting your period, I am SO happy for you! I still have not gotten to that point, and it scares me.

I have no answers, just a whole lot of love for you! Sending bear hugs and love your way! xoxo
    Christa @ Edible Balance recently posted..Back to routine… a few updates and #WIAW!My Profile

7. Marin says:

Really feeling for you, I know how detrimental acne can be when all you want to be is as carefree as possible. Still, I’m in awe of your persistence and courage: I know you feel down, but you are sharing your struggles, you are looking for ways to cope, so you are always moving forward and I find that inspiring and amazing. Keep it up, I think you are doing the absolute best you (or anyone else) can and I, plus a lot of people with me, have faith in you <3

8. Alina says:

Hi Lori,
    You are beautiful and don’t ever think otherwise….
    I’ve been meaning to comment for a while on your acne posts but never found the time…anyway, I am a health counselor and I’ve been studying a lot about women’s nutrition, hormones and so…have you thought about giving up the protein powders for a month or so…I have seen amazing results in women who eliminated the additional protein from their diet. It is not only that it is highly processed (even the best of them), but too much protein is hard on the liver, especially when you are trying to “detox” your skin and body…try eating real food protein if you need to. Each body is different so this is just a suggestion, but I myself gave up on supplementing with protein on daily basis as I was getting digestive problems, acne and troubles sleeping. Just an idea…

• purelytwins says:

Alina I have eliminated protein powders before, twice actually. First time during my 30+ day gut healing and then again just recently (a month or so ago). I do try my best to pay attention to it, but have been trying to reduce meat intake to see if it helps with skin so having protein powder helps me keep a good amount of protein in my diet.

9. lindsay says:

Just know you are stronger with God’s strength. He is using you on this journey to encourage others. He will heal you. and you are BEAUTIFUL! Always!
    lindsay recently posted..Food and Wine of LifeMy Profile

10. Hope you aren’t too hard on yourself; you’re beautiful!!
    Do you have any direct links to post on hormone regulation? It’s a topic I’d love to read more about :)
    Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..David’s New Favorite On-the-Go BreakfastMy Profile

• purelytwins says:

Brittany not really. We just briefly mention hormones on the blog – just general tips on healing hormones through diet, supplements and exercise.

11. kristine says:

“Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors (yes, even in the battle against acne) through Him who loved us.” Romans 8:37. You lovely ladies are inspirational and blessing to those around you (and on the web!).

12. jen says:

I know how you feel…my skin is acting up so much right now. I hate looking in the mirror right now..it’s just frusterating especially since, like you, sometimes my skin seems to be doing great. But seriously you are really pretty no matter what and they always go away eventually. It’s just sometimes hard to remember that when you have a flare up (as I know!). It really helps when you share what you’re doing and how you’re dealing with it. Thanks so much!

13. amanda jewell says:

Lori,
    I think you are beautiful. I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you, but the fact that you’re so determined to alleviate your skin issues is a sign that it will happen. It may just take longer than you’d like. You’ve got a support team here and always will. Let your love shine through. <3

14. christine says:

hi lori
    did you try enemas? it work for me,it good for acne.

15. Cymone says:

Hi girls. I love your blog its helped me so much.I suffer from some similar problems as you ladies. Lori i know how it feels to have your face clear up for a week and then have it flare right back up the next week. The only difference is that yours is acne and mine is eczema. It gets really bad and i get so frustrated and insecure but mys sister always tells me to keep pushing with positivity and rotating food in and out of my diet. So just keep your head up and you will find your solution. Good Luck.

• purelytwins says:

thanks Cymone, sorry to hear that you are dealing with eczema, Michelle is dealing with that too! hang in there!! hugs

16. LauraMae says:

Have you tried doTERRA’s face line? It cleared up my acne and acne scars. I still get a pimple or two when it’s that time of month, but they are gone 2-3 days later.

17. Elisabeth says:

Lori, you are so beautiful, strong, and candid – always remember that. I wish you only the best in your healing journey; keep persisting!

18. musarrat says:

Hi Lori (and Michelle),
    Have you heard of Alisa Vitti? I am in love with her work recently, here is a ted talk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vKRj9yV8pI
    She talks about hormones, PCOS, woman’s bodies etc and how food can heal. Hope you can check her out if you haven’t already read her work.
    Stay strong!
    Musarrat

19. Miz says:

had to share I was thinking about you two yesterday and how amazingly your brand has grown and evolved.

xo
    Miz recently posted..Is old talk the new fat talk?My Profile

20. Amy says:

How do you take your gelatin? I bought some but have no idea how to use it?? I also have PCOS and I struggle so badly with embarrassing acne I have started trying various oils for cleaning but so far no help :(

21. Paula says:

look into HIGH FREQUENCY MACHINE DARSONVAL DEVICE SKIN SPOT REMOVER. that is what used when you have a facial in the salon to purify the skin and prevent break outs.

22. Penny says:

Hi Girls,
    Here is an article that I found recently and I hope it can help you with your struggle:

23. Rhonda says:

What is Vitex??supplement? Also, what is gelatin for?? I heard that is helps with insomnia and digestive issues..

• purelytwins says:

yes Vitex is a supplement. We take gelatin for numerous health issues, but yes it does help with our digestive issues.

24. Amberlee says:

Hey there! first id like to say that I love your site and I wish you could come cook for me! lol
    I have a blog that i started awhile ago, about my struggle with my autoimmune as well as acne..pics posted as well!! Feel free to go and check it out! Im very natural, and clean..mostly supplements to maintain my autoimmune. Youre both doing exceptional with this page!! I appreciate all your posts and recipes! Keep up the good work!!!
    Amberlee recently posted..3weeks on Monday #PDTMy Profile

25. Brooke says:

You are beautiful. Know this. Have you ever heard the song “Beautiful” by Bethany Dillon? It came to mind while I was reading this.

“You make me beautiful, You make me stand in awe. You step inside my heart, and I am amazed. I love to hear You say, who I am is quite enough. You make me worthy of love and beautiful!”

26. I think the proactive approach you’ve taken to your diet and its relationship to your acne and the courage you’ve shown in sharing this with us is so phenomenal. It will come and when it does you will have worked out a way to help so many people! Do you use any skin products or do most of them irritate your skin?

I also wanted to ask you guys about your fermented veggies – do you make them yourself? If so do you have a recipe posted anywhere? xx

• purelytwins says:

Anna yes we make our own veggies – here is a link to us making them years ago, we need to do an updated post on how we do them -http://www.pure2raw.com/2010/01/how-we-make-fermented-veggies/

27. Kate says:

Lori, thanks for your brave post! Like you, I have PCOS and hormone issues (I also have a twin sis, but like Michelle she doesn’t have PCOS). Acne is a constant struggle for me and I’ve found that things will be great for a while and then flare up for no apparent reason. I did a saliva test to see what my estrogen, progesterone and testosterone levels look like. My testosterone level was a little high. My naturopath suggested I add in two tablespoons of ground flax per day to bring that level down which she thinks is interfering with my cycle. Still haven’t gotten my period, but I have noticed an improvement in my skin over the past six weeks. Not sure it will work for you, but thought I’d share. Thank you so much for your great posts! You are a beautiful and strong lady!

28. Kyndal says:

Lori,
    I found you and your sister on instagram somehow, and I love the encouragement from your fitness and whole food recipe posts. I found that we have a lot in common. I too have pcos, though I’ve been relatively regular for about a year now! This is after about 7 years of struggle- sometimes going a full year at a time with no period. The symptoms of pcos that have manifested themselves in me seem to be the same ones that you are fighting. I am built a lot like you and your sister, which I know is not extremely common in pcos sufferers, I’m also very interested in nutrition and natural healing. I’m in school to become a dietician and I work at a small local health food store.. A year ago, my acne was nearly identical to yours. I had been to the dermatologist a few times to see what could be done about it but I was never interested in prescription drugs for healing my acne. I did try differin cream but I didn’t find it worth continuing with. So, about a year ago, after trying all sorts of natural approaches, I finally found a combination of natural cures that have been working amazingly well for me. I wanted to share this with you because I have an idea that you probably use a lot of these things already but maybe some you haven’t tried and they might work for you. Here’s what I’ve been doing:

Morning-
    -wash face with luke warm water and gentle turmeric soap (auromere sandalwood-turmeric bar soap) I love this soap! It doesn’t strip your skin and it’s anti-inflammatory and cheap!
    - pat face dry and mix 3 drops tea tree oil with a bit of jojoba oil and apply to face (first I put a little oil without tea tree under my eyes) your face will look oily, but I let it be til I leave the house. I wipe my face with a clean hand towel before applying my makeup. I use Ecco Bella Natural foundation. It’s not too heavy but not too translucent. It has SPF and masks my acne scars and doesn’t make me break out! Which is rare….
    - supplements wise, I eat a pretty balanced diet so I don’t feel like I MUST supplement with vitamins and I hate swallowing pills so I try to avoid it, but, I do love herbs. I really believe the Lord provided them for us to use as medicine along with a wholesome diet. I take Gaia Vitex elixir. It contains chaste tree berry as well as a couple of other balancing herbs. It took about 4 months of taking this regularly but my period has been normal since! I cannot tell you enough how I really believe that this has so much to do with this state of balance that I have FINALLY found. I also take Barleans evening primrose oil, about a tsp, turmeric, though I’m not sure if the turmeric is doing much for my acne per-say, I just know it’s an amazing medicinal herb. Also, Lilly of the desert aloe juice, about a 1/4 cup. I believe the aloe has helped with my skin.
    - that’s it til night. At night I wash my face again with the turmeric soap and I exfoliate almost nightly, lightly with a natural loofah complexion pad, I use Earth therapeutics brand. These are also super cheap and last forever.
    - next I put some witch hazel (i use thayers lavender) and a couple drops of tea tree oil on a cotton ball and use it all over. I wait for my face to dry for a second before using a little bit of timanu oil only on my acne scars- mostly my cheeks and around my mouth. This oil, I feel, has made a difference in the appearance of my scars. Psoriasis sufferers use it on their skin as it has wonderful healing properties. I then use jojoba oil all over, sometimes mixed with more tea tree if I feel like I need more.

That’s my regimine! That turned out to be a longer comment than I intended but you and your sister are so encouraging to me and so many others, and we are going through the same thing. This has really helped me, I’ve really cleared up, I can almost go without makeup, and I’ve maintained normal cycles! I hope it can help you as well. Also, thank you for my new plantain addiction!

All the best,
    Kyndal

• purelytwins says:

thank you soooo much for commenting. I am sooo happy to hear that you have your PCOS and acne under control :) yay!
      I feel I am slowly getting there too!
      Your face regimen is just about almost like mine ;) and yes I love tamanu oil. I use it every night on my face. So powerful and healing. And I too take Vitex and it is starting to work for me.
      thanks again for the sweet words and support xoxo

29. Kyndal says:

I just read the comment above mine and I forgot to mention that I too have a twin sister, which is another reason i really enjoy following you two! She doesn’t share my pcos issues and never has. Crazy twin things…

30. Therese says:

Lori,my heart hurts for you. I’ve been there. The tears, the insecurity, the feeling that you’re doing everything right and not much is changing…

I spent the majority of 2011-2012 doing everything I could, internally and externally, to battle my hormonal acne. Pretty similar to what you’re doing. I also tried accupuncture and herbs for a while and those helped more than anything, but still didn’t keep the flareups at bay.

I finally caved and went on Accutane. I feel guilty saying this in the healthy living blogging world, because why can’t I just make it work with oil cleansing and elmination diets? I still eat gluten-free and dairy-free and I think that helps a lot to minimize inflammation. But in the end I was looking for a permanent change and I felt like I had entered a vicious cycle where the stress of my acne was causing me to break out more!

I had a long, long talk with my dermatologist about it (he’s also my uncle, so I feel like I was able to be pretty candid with him and vice versa).

I did experience some side effects, most notably occasional bloody noses, dry skin, and dry mouth. But oh, my gosh. I am so so so glad I took it. Like, I’ve been off of it for two months now and I recognize myself in the mirror again! People I haven’t seen in a few months interrupt our conversation to tell me how good my skin looks.

If you ever do decide to go a more medical route and try medication, I’d love to answer any questions you have! I did accupuncture and chiropractic care throughout to manage side effects and like I said… totally worth it.
    Therese recently posted..Hearty Blueberry MuffinsMy Profile

• purelytwins says:

Thank you Therese for sharing your story!! I am soooo happy to hear you have found what works for you!! Yay for clear skin. Thank you again!

31. Heather says:

Lori,

I was just looking at a local holistic fb page, and. Lady on there was asking or advice for a situation that sounds exactly like(or at least fairly similar to) yours. The woman developed horrible acne in her 20s, went to several dermatologists and they all told her she would probably be on antibiotics the rest of her life. She thought there ad to be a better answer, so she asked on the page. Several people said they had similar situations and they all said that Norwex face wipes helped when nothing else would. The silver in the wipes removes all bacteria. Some people mentioned using full body Norwex wipes with the same great results. One womn said she had red, painful acne over 75% of her face back in march, but now she only goes a few small pimples an they seem to keep getting better.

I don’t know if someone has already mentioned it, or if you’ve already tried it, but it sounds like its worth a shot? I’m sure there are Norwex consultants in your area that could help you out and give you more detailed information.

We appreciate and support your openness and you inspire more people than you know.

Best wishes!!

32. Nina says:

Hi Lori,
    I don’t typically comment on blog posts (much more a outside observer!) but I felt compelled to write on this one.
    I am 23 years old, and have struggled with acne since I was about 15. I have had cystic acne for at least that long, and it reached its peak when I was in high school. I tried it all; topicals, antibiotics, and even Amnesteen (Accutane). NOTHING worked for me, at least consistently. The Accutane worked for a bit but my acne came back with a vengeance after one cycle, and I had no interest in doing another cycle (side effects, etc).
    While I was in college, I experienced some acne, not as severe, but I also took birth control pills that I think helped mediate some of the more severe acne symptoms.
    Now that I am out of college and much more interested in my health, I am choosing to stay away from the hormonal “quick fixes” (going on the pill to help acne, for example) and really focus on changing my diet and overall lifestyle to support healthy skin, and healthy body! I was not the kindest on my body in the past years and I feel that I am undoing some damage now. But it is definitely a JOURNEY!
    All of this is to say that I really appreciate how candid you are with your posts about acne. I love this blog because I feel that I can relate to you both (and you are extremely talented…love love love the recipes!) Please continue to keep us updated on your journey. I have had some success with changing my diet around but I, like you, struggle on a daily basis. But keep your head up because you are beautiful! Acne or not :) and you will beat this!!
    thanks for everything again!

33. Becky says:

Hi there! I just found your blog and am obsessed! I am going through all your posts now and have subscribed. I really feel your pain about the acne, I had horrible acne as a teenager and basically hated the way I looked for 5 years. Unfortunately I took Accutane, which worked, but now more research has been done about the side effects and they are not positive. I was wondering why you stopped taking maca? Does it cause hormonal issues? I wonder because I put some in my green smoothies. Thanks for all you guys do!

• purelytwins says:

Becky glad you found us and sorry that you are dealing acne as well.
      We stopped maca mainly because we felt it was too much for our bodies, as every time we took it our symptoms and acne just got worse. Read this post from our girl high on health –http://www.highonhealth.org/what-nobody-tells-you-about-maca-root-powder-dangers-and-side-effects/ it is very interesting and eye opening about Maca.
      If you find that your body and acne is liking it, then we feel you can continue it.

34. Nicole says:

Hey Guys,

I too struggle with PCOS and amenorrhea. Lately I’ve been using supplementing with 1800 mg of NAC a day to help with insulin resistance (there are some great studies showing NAC superior to metformin and other drugs)and am trying femenessence which has rave review. I know you guys are very active (and have experimented with carbs before, but PCOS is tied to blood sugar dysregulation and insulin resistance, so just keep that in mind when choosing meals. I’m sure you get input left and right on your nutrition decisions, but I just wanted to share my knowledge. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the primal life organics face wash and fermented cod liver oil beauty balm for topical use. SERIOUS miracles, and I’m a product SNOB!

35. allison says:

Hi, just came across your blog. Our acne, the size and locations of it, even our diets are exactly the same. I went camping two months ago for ten days. Instead of bringing all of my fancy home remedies and expensive store products, I just brought dr. bronners peppermint soap since it’s multipurpose (shampoo, detergent etc) and used that on my skin. I figured I was already SO broken out, it couldn’t get any worse. Within three days, my cysts were healing.

Bronners saved me. I still break out now and then but it never becomes a deep and painful pimple. I have PCOS and I don’t know why this topical soap works, but it does. Please try it. Try just washing in the morning and night with a wash cloth and leave your face alone. I promise you’ll see a difference. Spread the word!

36. I have been exactly where you are. I’m 24 now and the acne became severe when I was 22. Same type of hormonal acne…serious cysts leaving deep scars. Super clean diet. Frustrating beyond words. Never took accutane because I was too scared, but dermatologists told me that was the only way to get rid of my acne. But I have honestly found my cure. Estroblock. I’ve taken regular strength and now the Pro Triple strength. It’s completely natural and regulates estrogen. SERIOUSLY, it works. I’ve been on it for 3 months now and have changed nothing about my diet…it’s all due to Estroblock. I cannot recommend this supplement enough for hormonal acne. And for excellent info on hormonal acne in women, check out highonclearskin.com
    Renee @ Nourish The Roots recently posted..Quinoa Stuffed TomatoesMy Profile

37. Eileen says:

I have the same problem. My research lead me to xenoestrgens as a possible cause and flaxseed & oil as a natural remedy. I’m going to continue to minimize my environmental pollutants and incorporate flax into my diet. Love your blog btw! Will start following!

38. Olivia says:

You are such a HUGE encouragement to those of us out here who share your struggles with acne and yet maintain an overall healthy/paleo-style clean diet. Pretty sure I can rule out PCOS since I have periods every 28 days and ovulate, but oh man, hormonal acne is a BEAST–trying so hard to control it, but still beat myself up sometimes when I break out (“should have not had dairy 2days ago!!” etc….) So frustrating.

39. Lovely blog!Your info is very informative and you girls are so beautiful!

You should try cutting meat out of your diet to help with your skin issues. It helped me with mine and my skin and my body have never felt better.

I’ve been on a wholefoods plant based diet now for 6 years!