This a way over due post and video, but we finally got around to filming us making marshmallows due to many requests!
Time to learn how we make our homemade marshmallows!
We love our marshmallows!
They are FUN to make too! Hope you guys enjoy the video.
mmm, nothing beats homemade marshmallows!
A few notes about making marshmallows:
- If using stevia you will have to beat the marshmallows longer – for about 10-14 minutes.
- If using maple syrup or honey the beating time will be less – around 8-10 minutes.
- These times are based upon our recipes!! Keep in mind the beating times can vary based upon how hot you water is.
Also, as you can see our recipe does not use a lot of sugar like you may see in other marshmallow recipes! But we feel these are just as amazing without all that sugar.
Once you’ve made them a few times we promise you will get the hang of it. You can really flavor marshmallows anyway you like. There are no limits to making homemade marshmallows.
One common question we have received about making marshmallows is what does it mean when you get the fluff on top but gummy layer on the bottom.
We think there are a few reasons for this happening:
- water maple was not hot enough
- gelatin and water did not sit long enough
- did not beat the marshmallows long enough
Check out our favorite marshmallow recipes:
Now go make some marshmallows!!
Twins Question: Do you like marshmallows? Ever make them?
One last thing, the gelatin we use is from Amazon – Great Lakes Unflavored Gelatin Kosher. It is in a orange container. They do have another kind in the green container, which we have ordred to try out when we want gelatin but don’t want marshmallows or our thick gelatin mush.
Till next time,
Lori and Michelle