Plantain love from around the world

We could not be any more happy to see so many of you enjoying plantains!

plantain bread making

plantain recipes

plantain bread

plantain love

best plantain love

chocolate plantain bread and figs

We love plantains, but seeing you guys loving them too just makes us love them even more!

Our plantains bread sure has been popular! What is not to love, right? A simple bread made from 2 things!

And not to be bias but seriously the best bread we have ever enjoyed. No need for any other ingredients, unless you want to jazz it up!

Avocado bacon sandwich

Bacon fig sandwich

Avocado bacon plantain sandwich

Baked whole plantains filled with goodies

Raspberry bread

Pancakes

Peach egg sandwich

Makes great pizza too

Um, ya we LOVE making recipes using plantians and love eating our beloved plantains.

cuteline3-01

Promise there is more to us than just plantains.

Things are good over here for us both. Still getting back into our normal routine after our mini family trip. We will be sharing more updates here soon. This week in our #purelyfitlife #purelypower program we are discussing macros! We share more of our personal things we are trying and thoughts on it.  We are still experimenting…keep finding what works for YOU. We are not too hardcore with keeping track of our macros, but it has been fun just experimenting. We will continue to share things that we have are worth your time to play around with.

Stick around as we will share more skin updates soon, our thoughts on constipation, and we have a fun video coming this Thursday for Purely Talk!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Twins Question: What is one food you are OBSESSED with? What is one food that you could eat everyday and not get sick of it?

L and M

Comments

1. says

Love it. People are really going crazy for the stuff. I just picked up my first plantain a few days ago. And I can’t wait to finally use it tonight! A little too pumped about it, I suppose;)
    One food I’m pretty obsessed with is coconut butter, and kabocha squash. I love them both.
    Lisa recently posted..Smiles LatelyMy Profile

2. says

You ladies have started a plantain movement!! I’ve been meaning to jump on board for a few weeks now, and promise that it WILL happen! I ate plantains at nearly every meal the summer I was living in Costa Rica, and absolutely fell in love with them – they’re so satisfying and versatile!

I’ve been obsessed with both avocado and pumpkin for several years, and don’t think those obsessions will be changing any time soon. ;) I eat both nearly every day, and they never cease to be amazing!

Huge hugs! <3 xoxoxo

3. says

i totally think of you two whenever i hear the word “plantain” at this point! i haven’t tried any of your plantain recipes or cooking w/them on my own. but if i see plantains out at a restaurant i almost always have to get them because they seem special.
    i could probably eat a salad every day. actually i know i could, because i do! same goes for bananas..pb…plain cho…
    Caitlin recently posted..MIMM (Heavy on the Friday)My Profile

4. kate says

I apologize if you have mentioned this already, but I am vegan and am wondering if using 2 flax or chia “eggs” would work in the recipe. What do you think? Thanks!

5. says

Loving plantains right now too!! The one food I can and do eat everyday (and need to stop) is almond butter! Once I have a taste I can’t stop!!

6. Lisa says

Why plantains ? I’m from uk and we never see them, aren’t they high GI index and cause insulin release?

• purelytwins says

Kristen you can use any size pan really, we use an 8 in circle pan. But have used a square pan too. The size of them will determine how thin it gets. And check out our video about plantains where we discuss the difference ripness of a plantain http://bit.ly/1bMPzHE