Hey luvs,

The reason I was sparked to write today was in regards to a picture I shared last week on instagram. Which so many of you made some great comments! Thank you.

who do girls bring girls down

Lori and I were discussing life (among many other things) on one of our walks and this popped in my head.

There will always be negativity in the world. There will always be those people who are just rude, nasty,Β judgmental…

The key is rise above them, right?

Easier said then done I know. It can be hard to stay positive.

Why do we seem to always remember negative things over positive things?

Don't chase people. Do you own thing.

All I can say is focus on YOURSELF.

Focus on your goals, your dreams, and your LIFE!

Staying positive is the key to overcoming everything. When you are positive you will attract positivity in all parts of life.

others will try to break youLearning to discover your inner strength will help guide you in overcoming those rude people in life.

Realizing that you are stronger then those negative thoughts or actions will help shape you into the positive person you can become. I admit I still struggle with this as the other day we got rude comment on facebook and it hurt me. And Lori. We don’t like to bring much attention to any negativity here on the blog as we like to keep it as a place of happiness, self-growth and discovery. We know people will not always like what we do, what we decide to discuss here on the blog, or especially what we EAT! But it is who we are.

There are still things I (and Lori) keep private. Things we choose not to share here. We all deserve some privacy, right? This is our blog and we will continue to discuss things that interest US. Β Diet, health, fitness, recipes, skin care, family, traveling… talking about these things makes us happy.

I am at a happy place in my life, but it is crazy how others can quickly take that away from me. But I working on not letting them!

Why can’t others learn to be happy for someone else? We are just sharing what we are doing to help learn what our bodies like in hopes that others will start to learn what works for them. As we have mentioned many times here – everyone is different. Β There is no one way that fits all. Nope.

But, what we can do is learn to respect and stop being rude to others for what they are doing as you don’t really know their WHOLE story or what really makes them happy (and feel good).

Lori and I feel we all have the common end goal — we all want to be happy and healthy. So maybe we all can work on judging others less and focus more on what makes us feel alive and well.

Sorry for the heavy posts this Saturday. Guess I had some thoughts that needed to be shared.

Twins question: Β How do you overcome negativity in your life? Do you struggle with letting go of the bad and focusing on the good?

Now to leave on a positive note πŸ˜‰ I am off to do something I love to do –> go to the farmers market, drink some coffee, enjoy a wonderful breakfast…and hang out with the sis and little Jax!

Remember to always love yourself and #bepurelyyou

Love

Michelle

If you’re new to Purely Twins join our tribe and get updates:

Pinterest – purelytwins

Instagram – @purelytwins and @purelytwinsfitness

Snapchat – loriandmichelle

Youtube – purelytwins and pure2rawtwins

Facebook – purelytwins

Please note that affiliate links may pop up on PT occasionally. When you click and purchase we receive a small percentage. This allows us to keep blogging! We greatly appreciate your support!

eatlifead

purelyfitlife-blogad

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

41 thoughts on “don’t let others break you

1. I loved this post!!! Thank you for writing and sharing it. It is so easy to let one cruel word bring us down. I’m sorry that you experienced rudeness this past week.
    You are right – our end goal (to be the best that we can be) is the same for all of us and we should all try to help each other.
    I’m at the point in my life where I try to remove myself from excessive negativity in any form – I used to let it get me down but now I know that I just need to walk away from those situations/people.

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 12:09 pm
    1. Thanks Kim Yes walking away helps get away from negativity.

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 12:46 pm
  2. It’s hard to not let negativity bother us πŸ™ You help so many people in such a positive way, and your positivity is so uplifting. Diets should be individual – our bodies are all different with different issues to be addressed, I’ve made many of the recipes you’ve shared and LOVE plantain recipes – I even made plantain dark chocolate chip cookies that grain lovers could not believe grain free. Negativity usually stems from individuals who are unhappy in their lives and therefore try to bring others down to their level instead of fixing what’s troubling them and bringing themselves up to a more positive level. You’s are both golden!

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 12:21 pm
    1. Thank you Jen for your sweet words.

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 12:46 pm
  3. Great post! Positivity is so important!! Items can be taken from you in this world but your attitude is something that you will always have no matter what!

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 12:31 pm
    1. Thank you Lauren.

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 12:47 pm
  4. When people try to tear me down I just try to remember that it’s probably because something is bothering *them*. It usually has nothing to do with the person they are lashing out at. Why can’t we all just get alongggg? πŸ™‚

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 2:48 pm
  5. It’s an incredible coincidence that this topic, or variations of this topic have been popping up all around me today. I used to be a very creative person and through the past through years I’ve let it get taken away from me for this reason or that. That’s all over. I’ve just recently started my own journey to finding myself again and have started up my own bog in the process. I have gotten the ball rolling, and this time I won’t let anyone stop it πŸ™‚

Thank you!

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 3:44 pm
  6. This post just really hit home, exactly when I needed it the most. I am so thankful that you both shared this- it’s an important message, and one we should all consider as we get dragged into other peoples negativity and insecurity. I wholeheartedly agree that we need to just focus our own energies on bettering our lives and being in the moment with our potential bliss, but also that we need to step it up for others. Bad vibes spread like wild-fire, so let’s turn it around and really be there for each other. And you girls definitely have lots of us supporting you out here, so I hope you feel the love. So thank you for your contribution to the world, and blessings and smiles!

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 4:50 pm
    1. Glad this post helped Camille πŸ˜‰ thank you for your sweet words.

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 9:26 pm
  7. Haters…..they make us stronger πŸ˜‰

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 4:52 pm
    1. yes!

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 9:26 pm
  8. Such a great post for me to read today<3 It's been a rough weekend. You girls never seize to amaze me.
    Lots of love, always!

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 5:15 pm
    1. Hugs Lisa!

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 9:26 pm
  9. This is one thing I have always said about blogging and how I feel about it. On one side I LOVE it because I can share my thoughts, my creations and I’ve met amazing people and found out about amazing things I wouldn’t have with out blogging. But at the same time there is SO much judgement. People seem to be so quick to judge, so obsessed with labels, and if you “slip up” you’re immediately called out on it. But we are all human right? And in my opinion there is no 100% right way. Life is for living and every individual has a different view of what healthy is and how they want to live their life, and that is their right. Who are WE to tell THEM that it’s right or wrong.

I understand that sometimes it is hard to rise above it, to not let it bother you, because again, we are all human and we all have feelings. I think people forget that sometimes. Just because we blog and put our lives out there, does not mean that we don’t get hurt just as much as the next person.

You two ladies are amazing, and please try to stay positive and not let others bring you down. Remember, it’s YOUR life and if you’re happy that is all that matters <3

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 5:26 pm
    1. Thank you Debbie!! Totally agree.

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 9:27 pm
  10. I just want you, Purelytwins, to know that I love your blog! It is always inspiring and encouraging. It really helps to know that you are not alone in your endeavor to live a happy, healthy life.. πŸ™‚ Keep on keepin on!

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 6:12 pm
    1. Thank you ALisha that means a lot to both of us

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 9:27 pm
  11. HI ladies! I don’t like to add links in comments but I feel like 2 blogs I wrote recently might add extra support to your beautiful post here. It’s all about moving through the hard stuff and quitting comparisons! Love you ladies! happy for you to share them with your readers if they help you. xx

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 8:22 pm
    1. Thank you Casey for sharing!

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 9:28 pm
  12. Well said, darling! Be strong and don’t let others pull you down! Know that negative comments come from insecurities often!

Posted on July 6, 2013 at 10:18 pm
    1. thanks πŸ™‚ xoxo

Posted on July 7, 2013 at 9:35 am
  13. I love this post!!! I exactly know how it feels, when somebody takes the positivity away from us. It happens so easily, unfortunately. Stay positive and be true to you every day is THE message! Comparing has so much negativity and does not work to find happiness. Everyone is different and that is wonderful!!
    Thank you girls for being such an inspiration!!

Posted on July 7, 2013 at 6:56 am
    1. thank you Lucie for the love and support xoxo

Posted on July 7, 2013 at 9:37 am
  14. In the end, the only thing that matters is that we live true to ourselves and God so that we reap the promise of eternal life. When we get to the pearly white gates of Heaven, we will have to answer “Who did you bring with you? Or, who is already here because of you? Or Who will be here because of you.” Let our unique beauty flourish!

Posted on July 7, 2013 at 8:00 am
    1. love this!!! xoxo

Posted on July 7, 2013 at 9:37 am
  15. i think Misery loves company, and those who are miserable and negative want you to feel the same. But yes, you rise above. You focus on the good, the lovely, the joy! You two are AMAZING… I LOVE YA!

Posted on July 7, 2013 at 8:30 am
    1. thanks girl, love ya too!! hugs

Posted on July 7, 2013 at 9:38 am
  16. This post really moved me. I think you and your sister are very brave to share your journey. Those haters can hate b/c y’all are awesome.

Posted on July 7, 2013 at 9:26 am
    1. thank you Allison!!! HUGS

Posted on July 7, 2013 at 9:35 am
  17. YAY I hope you found some great things at the farmers market πŸ™‚ that’s a great way to spend a saturday πŸ˜‰ no negativity needed! i’ve received a lot of negativity while blogging too (and even while NOT blogging), but you just have to remember about YOURSELF and to keep doing what makes you feel happy. I always tell myself that people cannot make me feel a certain way. No one has control over my feelings but me!

Posted on July 7, 2013 at 9:29 am
    1. yes!!! and sorry to hear you are getting negativity too sweetie!! HUGS LOVE ya

Posted on July 7, 2013 at 9:34 am
  18. Great post….loved it!!! πŸ™‚

Posted on July 7, 2013 at 11:52 am
  19. So weird reading that after the Instagram post I put out earlier this morn.. about others will try to break you but conquer them with peace – I honestly did not read this first – so weird! πŸ™‚

Posted on July 7, 2013 at 2:05 pm
  20. The best advice i received concerning negativity was on my high school track team. the coach always stressed to us that we should take the time to stretch and warm up separately, and to keep away from people that were doubting their racing potential. i have used this same tactic in everyday life since then. if someone is interfering with the balance i strive to maintain on a daily basis then i will stay away. i have had to tell a few people that i cant be friends with them because of their negative attitudes. and i have never regretted it.

Posted on July 8, 2013 at 7:59 am
    1. Great advice Sophia

Posted on July 8, 2013 at 10:06 am
  21. such a great blog post, michelle! thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

Posted on July 8, 2013 at 1:39 pm
  22. You girls are such an inspiration to me and many people. I think this is such a great area to address. I often remind myself the golden rule: don’t take anything personally. Then you can never get down because you know it’s nothing to do with you – it’s someone else’s crap that they’re dumping on you if they say things that are hurtful. Love the headstand! PS – i have been so busy, im sorry for the delay in yoga video. I feel so bad! xo

Posted on July 9, 2013 at 10:21 am
    1. no worries xoxo
      take your time πŸ™‚
      HUGS

Posted on July 9, 2013 at 10:37 am
  23. I think it’s because girls are complicated.. :). Great post though. Thanks for sharing. Happy and contented girls don’t mind other girls so it’s up to you what to do. πŸ™‚

Posted on July 11, 2013 at 7:09 am
  24. Loving yourself is definitely a challenge even without comparing yourself to other girls. I’ve noticed that, even though I try to avoid it, I still can fall into the comparison trap. Unfortunately, I think it’s human nature. The only way to fight it is change female culture and relationships. It won’t be easy, but with role models like you guys, I definitely think that it is possible!

Posted on June 1, 2014 at 1:03 pm