don’t let others break you

Hey luvs,

Remember my #findingme series??

Haha guess you can say that I’ve been slacking big time in writing those posts…I cannot promise I will be doing them regularly again, but I will do my best.  I do miss writing them as they were an outlet for me. A place for me to share my thoughts on discovering myself.

The reason I was sparked to write today was in regards to a picture I shared last week on instagram. Which so many of you made some great comments! Thank you.

who do girls bring girls down

Lori and I were discussing life (among many other things) on one of our walks and this popped in my head.

There will always be negativity in the world. There will always be those people who are just rude, nasty, judgmental…

The key is rise above them, right?

Easier said then done I know. It can be hard to stay positive.

Why do we seem to always remember negative things over positive things?

Don't chase people. Do you own thing.

All I can say is focus on YOURSELF.

Focus on your goals, your dreams, and your LIFE!

Staying positive is the key to overcoming everything. When you are positive you will attract positivity in all parts of life.

others will try to break you Learning to discover your inner strength will help guide you in overcoming those rude people in life.

Realizing that you are stronger then those negative thoughts or actions will help shape you into the positive person you can become. I admit I still struggle with this as the other day we got rude comment on facebook and it hurt me. And Lori. We don’t like to bring much attention to any negativity here on the blog as we like to keep it as a place of happiness, self-growth and discovery. We know people will not always like what we do, what we decide to discuss here on the blog, or especially what we EAT! But it is who we are.

There are still things I (and Lori) keep private. Things we choose not to share here. We all deserve some privacy, right? This is our blog and we will continue to discuss things that interest US.  Diet, health, fitness, recipes, skin care, family, traveling… talking about these things makes us happy.

I am at a happy place in my life, but it is crazy how others can quickly take that away from me. But I working on not letting them!

Why can’t others learn to be happy for someone else? We are just sharing what we are doing to help learn what our bodies like in hopes that others will start to learn what works for them. As we have mentioned many times here – everyone is different.  There is no one way that fits all. Nope.

But, what we can do is learn to respect and stop being rude to others for what they are doing as you don’t really know their WHOLE story or what really makes them happy (and feel good).

Lori and I feel we all have the common end goal — we all want to be happy and healthy. So maybe we all can work on judging others less and focus more on what makes us feel alive and well.

Sorry for the heavy posts this Saturday. Guess I had some thoughts that needed to be shared.

Twins question:  How do you overcome negativity in your life? Do you struggle with letting go of the bad and focusing on the good?

Now to leave on a positive note ;) I am off to do something I love to do –> go to the farmers market, drink some coffee, enjoy a wonderful breakfast…and hang out with the sis and little Jax!

Remember to always love yourself and #bepurelyyou

Love

Michelle

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

41 Responses to don’t let others break you

1. Kim says:

I loved this post!!! Thank you for writing and sharing it. It is so easy to let one cruel word bring us down. I’m sorry that you experienced rudeness this past week.
    You are right – our end goal (to be the best that we can be) is the same for all of us and we should all try to help each other.
    I’m at the point in my life where I try to remove myself from excessive negativity in any form – I used to let it get me down but now I know that I just need to walk away from those situations/people.
    Kim recently posted..So Many Workouts, So Little TimeMy Profile

2. Jen says:

It’s hard to not let negativity bother us :( You help so many people in such a positive way, and your positivity is so uplifting. Diets should be individual – our bodies are all different with different issues to be addressed, I’ve made many of the recipes you’ve shared and LOVE plantain recipes – I even made plantain dark chocolate chip cookies that grain lovers could not believe grain free. Negativity usually stems from individuals who are unhappy in their lives and therefore try to bring others down to their level instead of fixing what’s troubling them and bringing themselves up to a more positive level. You’s are both golden!

3. Great post! Positivity is so important!! Items can be taken from you in this world but your attitude is something that you will always have no matter what!
    Lauren Williams recently posted..Map Decor featuring Her/His Hometown and Engagement spot on Red Fabric by SomethingBeautiful19My Profile

4. When people try to tear me down I just try to remember that it’s probably because something is bothering *them*. It usually has nothing to do with the person they are lashing out at. Why can’t we all just get alongggg? :)
    Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..Fourth of July at the LakeMy Profile

5. It’s an incredible coincidence that this topic, or variations of this topic have been popping up all around me today. I used to be a very creative person and through the past through years I’ve let it get taken away from me for this reason or that. That’s all over. I’ve just recently started my own journey to finding myself again and have started up my own bog in the process. I have gotten the ball rolling, and this time I won’t let anyone stop it :)

Thank you!
    Kaycee St. Pierre recently posted..Salvage the WeekendMy Profile

6. Camille says:

This post just really hit home, exactly when I needed it the most. I am so thankful that you both shared this- it’s an important message, and one we should all consider as we get dragged into other peoples negativity and insecurity. I wholeheartedly agree that we need to just focus our own energies on bettering our lives and being in the moment with our potential bliss, but also that we need to step it up for others. Bad vibes spread like wild-fire, so let’s turn it around and really be there for each other. And you girls definitely have lots of us supporting you out here, so I hope you feel the love. So thank you for your contribution to the world, and blessings and smiles!

7. Kat says:

Haters…..they make us stronger ;)
    Kat recently posted..Fitbloggin: The People & What I learnedMy Profile

8. Lisa says:

Such a great post for me to read today<3 It's been a rough weekend. You girls never seize to amaze me.
    Lots of love, always!
    Lisa recently posted..Comment on Fun Facts by Court Star @ StarSystemzMy Profile

9. This is one thing I have always said about blogging and how I feel about it. On one side I LOVE it because I can share my thoughts, my creations and I’ve met amazing people and found out about amazing things I wouldn’t have with out blogging. But at the same time there is SO much judgement. People seem to be so quick to judge, so obsessed with labels, and if you “slip up” you’re immediately called out on it. But we are all human right? And in my opinion there is no 100% right way. Life is for living and every individual has a different view of what healthy is and how they want to live their life, and that is their right. Who are WE to tell THEM that it’s right or wrong.

I understand that sometimes it is hard to rise above it, to not let it bother you, because again, we are all human and we all have feelings. I think people forget that sometimes. Just because we blog and put our lives out there, does not mean that we don’t get hurt just as much as the next person.

You two ladies are amazing, and please try to stay positive and not let others bring you down. Remember, it’s YOUR life and if you’re happy that is all that matters <3
    Debbie (Accidently Delish) recently posted..By: MadelineMy Profile

10. Alisha says:

I just want you, Purelytwins, to know that I love your blog! It is always inspiring and encouraging. It really helps to know that you are not alone in your endeavor to live a happy, healthy life.. :-) Keep on keepin on!

11. HI ladies! I don’t like to add links in comments but I feel like 2 blogs I wrote recently might add extra support to your beautiful post here. It’s all about moving through the hard stuff and quitting comparisons! Love you ladies! happy for you to share them with your readers if they help you. xx

12. Well said, darling! Be strong and don’t let others pull you down! Know that negative comments come from insecurities often!
    Deanna@healthyleanfit recently posted..Updates, still in pursuit, lots on the horizonMy Profile

13. I love this post!!! I exactly know how it feels, when somebody takes the positivity away from us. It happens so easily, unfortunately. Stay positive and be true to you every day is THE message! Comparing has so much negativity and does not work to find happiness. Everyone is different and that is wonderful!!
    Thank you girls for being such an inspiration!!
    Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted..Friday Favorites – Beautifying, Massaging, BakingMy Profile

14. Chris says:

In the end, the only thing that matters is that we live true to ourselves and God so that we reap the promise of eternal life. When we get to the pearly white gates of Heaven, we will have to answer “Who did you bring with you? Or, who is already here because of you? Or Who will be here because of you.” Let our unique beauty flourish!

15. lindsay says:

i think Misery loves company, and those who are miserable and negative want you to feel the same. But yes, you rise above. You focus on the good, the lovely, the joy! You two are AMAZING… I LOVE YA!
    lindsay recently posted..Friday Foods, Reviews, and What’s NewMy Profile

16. Allison says:

This post really moved me. I think you and your sister are very brave to share your journey. Those haters can hate b/c y’all are awesome.

17. YAY I hope you found some great things at the farmers market :) that’s a great way to spend a saturday ;) no negativity needed! i’ve received a lot of negativity while blogging too (and even while NOT blogging), but you just have to remember about YOURSELF and to keep doing what makes you feel happy. I always tell myself that people cannot make me feel a certain way. No one has control over my feelings but me!
    Meg @ A Dash of Meg recently posted..High Five Friday #73My Profile

18. Rhonda says:

Great post….loved it!!! :)

19. So weird reading that after the Instagram post I put out earlier this morn.. about others will try to break you but conquer them with peace – I honestly did not read this first – so weird! :)
    Jody – Fit at 55 recently posted..My HEALTHY Homemade Protein Bars/Muffin RecipeMy Profile

20. sophia wasserman says:

The best advice i received concerning negativity was on my high school track team. the coach always stressed to us that we should take the time to stretch and warm up separately, and to keep away from people that were doubting their racing potential. i have used this same tactic in everyday life since then. if someone is interfering with the balance i strive to maintain on a daily basis then i will stay away. i have had to tell a few people that i cant be friends with them because of their negative attitudes. and i have never regretted it.

21. Caitlin says:

such a great blog post, michelle! thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!
    Caitlin recently posted..Pesto PizzaMy Profile

22. Heathy says:

You girls are such an inspiration to me and many people. I think this is such a great area to address. I often remind myself the golden rule: don’t take anything personally. Then you can never get down because you know it’s nothing to do with you – it’s someone else’s crap that they’re dumping on you if they say things that are hurtful. Love the headstand! PS – i have been so busy, im sorry for the delay in yoga video. I feel so bad! xo
    Heathy recently posted..Raw Chewy Chocolate SquaresMy Profile

23. I think it’s because girls are complicated.. :). Great post though. Thanks for sharing. Happy and contented girls don’t mind other girls so it’s up to you what to do. :)

24. Loving yourself is definitely a challenge even without comparing yourself to other girls. I’ve noticed that, even though I try to avoid it, I still can fall into the comparison trap. Unfortunately, I think it’s human nature. The only way to fight it is change female culture and relationships. It won’t be easy, but with role models like you guys, I definitely think that it is possible!
    Casey @ Casey the College Celiac recently posted..Mastering the Magic of Gluten Free BakingMy Profile