{low fod map friendly} cauliflower free pizza crust

beet basil avocado pizza

purely recipe logo-01

Today’s recipe is a simple, healthy way to enjoy pizza.

First the crust has only 3 ingredients. No rolling out. No waiting for yeast to rise.

For those that cannot have cauliflower either for digestion reasons or do not like it, this pizza crust is a great substitution option for the very popular cauliflower pizza crust.

We also feel this pizza crust recipe is great for people following a low fod maps diet!

plantain pizza crust

This recipe does call for an egg, so those looking for a egg-free recipe check out our plantain socca! Or you could try using an egg substitute.

pizza

We topped our pizza with avocado, sliced beets, fresh basil, and ground beef.

This cauliflower free pizza crust would be great with anything, so layer it up with your favorite pizza toppings. This crust is soft, bread-like texture. It’s not a super thin and crispy crust, but it does hold together so you can eat with your hands. Oh yay! If you do want more of a thinner crust we suggest omitting the baking powder or following our plantain socca.

{low fod map friendly} cauliflower free pizza crust

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

serves 2

{low fod map friendly} cauliflower free pizza crust

A healthy fod map friendly pizza crust recipe. Plantain pizza crust recipe. Grain-free, gluten-free, legume-free, cauliflower free pizza recipe.

Ingredients

• 1 egg
  • 6 oz green plantain (medium sized)
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder (optional - will make it a bit lighter)
  • 1/4 cup goat cheese (or nutritional yeast if prefer dairy free)

Directions

1. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend together till smooth. The goat cheese we used was hard that we sliced up onto chucks for the 1/4 cup. You can use any cheese you prefer, or use nutritional yeast if you cannot have dairy.
  2. Batter should be a little thick. Spread pizza dough onto a cookie sheet. Spread into a circle shape.
  3. Bake in at 375 for about 20-25 minutes.

And of course it had to be out of plantains, hehe

We love pizza!

Do you?

plantain beet pizza

We hope you enjoy our simple cauliflower free, low fod map friendly pizza crust recipe. We love how we can use plantains in all types of recipe from chips to pancakes to breakfast cake to bread. And now pizza crust!

Twins Question: What is your favorite pizza toppings? Do you like thick or thin pizza crust? Do you like veggies or meat on your pizza? Do you follow a low fod map diet?

till next time,

purelytwins
Lori and Michelle

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

20 Responses to {low fod map friendly} cauliflower free pizza crust

1. lindsay says:

you two got me hooked on plantains! So thank YOU! YUM!
    lindsay recently posted..Pin-ViteMy Profile

2. Morgan C says:

I need to buy plantains ASAP. This looks amazing.

3. You girls are SO creative! I’m always impressed!! I love pizza ANYTHING. I’ve been making a quinoa crust that I’m loving :)

4. oh my word this looks delicious!! I just tried plantain for the very first time at lunch today, used your recipe and fried them… LOVE! I definitely need to try this pizza recipe, it’s right up my alley. I wonder if I could sub in chia for the egg?
    Christa @ Edible Balance recently posted..The Skin I’m In ~ Letting GoMy Profile

5. Colleen says:

Someone shared this article, and I thought I would share with you guys! I hope it makes you laugh and doesn’t offend you!

• Dannii says:

It’s so great isn’t it Colleen? And so true! The more you know the less you know and what works for someone doesn’t work for everyone, then more research comes out and what was healthy is now demonised! And kale is the only thing left to eat! haha It’s so hilarious :D

6. I tried a cauliflower pizza crust once and it was pretty successful – I want to try your variation next time. I’m in love with the idea of such a light base as regular pizza crusts just make me feel heavy and sometimes bloated. Nice work!
    Anna @ Your Healthy Place recently posted..Dinner Recipe: Vegan Lentil DahlMy Profile

7. I think I need to get behind this beet thing. I’ve never had them! Pizza looks delish!
    Alex @ Alex Tries it Out recently posted..Sporadic posting-nessMy Profile

8. I’m SO excited about this recipe! As a former cauliflower crust fan who had to give it up due to GI irritations, this crust couldn’t be more perfect. Thank you! <3

My favorite pizza toppings are a variety of cheeses (mozzarella, goat, gouda, parmesan), caramelized onions, spinach and tomatoes. The sweet caramelized onions contrast so nicely with the salty cheese and neutral veggies. :)

Hope you both have a wonderful weekend! <3
    Sara @ Nourish and Flourish recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday: Wordless*My Profile

9. Beth says:

unfortunately, I have yet to be able to find a plantain in a grocery store. :( So many recipes I’m missing out on. Be careful with the amount of beet you use. The allowable low fodmap amount is pretty low, if at all.

I never realized you two followed a low fodmap diet. You eat so many avocados. Those are only allowed in 1/4 of the fruit amounts.

10. Beth says:

And plantains have not been tested yet for fodmap.

11. I love plantains! I’m so glad y’all are posting all these recipes. I’m allergic to cauliflower, so this is right up my alley! Love the idea of beets on your pizza.
    Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..JetLag and Eggplant and Mushroom DalMy Profile

12. Oh YUM! Can you just make me some and send it over? ;)
    Moni Meals & Fitness recently posted..SUPERFOOD Oatmeal ExpressMy Profile