sparks from the week – be grateful

sparked-interest-01

From us:

homemade sauerkraut

Making homemade sauerkraut again.

be active be happy

Being grateful for life.  We get to choose to be active…to be happy ;)

avocado

Enjoying a new favorite snackplantain socca with avocado and black sea salt.

equalizer

Love our equalizer!!  A goal of ours is to use it more often than we do now.

jax Love this dog.

running Enjoying walking outdoors in my comfy raw threads clothes with Lori and Jax.

working outside Enjoying doing a little work outside while sipping on our favorite drink – kombucha.

get back up and try again

Learning to get back up when we fall.  Practicing our headstands for #whatsbeautiful challenge has been helping us remember this. Everyday we are learning to trust life, enjoy the journey, and just keep getting back up and trying again.

be grateful

Be grateful!

From off the internet:

Does your blood type determine your optimal diet.   —> we learn so much from this guy. We used to follow the blood type diet many many years ago, saw some improvements but still struggled. And now knowing everything we know now and have personal experienced he thoughts make sense to us now.

Mint chocolate whipped body butter  —> wow this sounds amazing!

Our dear friend conquered PCOS – so happy for you Paige!!!

without the skinny rules by sara —> great posts!!

pregnancy myths – don’t lift heavy by jess --> great read as well

Debbie made our plantain bread pizza inspired by our plantain bread — YUM

cuteline3-01

We did our #PFChallenge yesterday!

farmers market

The whole gang went to the farmers market to support our local community and farmers.

And for today’s challenge we are going for a walk outside! How are you guys doing with the challenges?

Twins Question: What sparked your interest this past week? Do anything fun this weekend? Are the farmers markets open in your area?

till next time

L and M

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

Are you ready to become fabulously you in all parts of life? YES you are! As a purely fit sister you are strong, beautiful and determined. But we all have “things” in life that can pull as away from things we love or maybe overwhelm us that we feel frazzled. We have the solution. A…

Read More »

Comments

1. says

thank you so much for featuring me!
    i seriously love you ladies and want to make so much that you post, i’m so glad i finally did it with the plantain bread! it is so fun to experiment with and is so versatile!! next up i think i totally have to make the avocado plantain pudding. maybe add some protein powder to pump it up ;)

but seriously both of you are so amazing and i love following your journey!!
    Debbie (Accidently Delish) recently posted..By: mug cake stuffed squash « Accidently DelishMy Profile

• purelytwins says

awesome Jess – yay for avocado love!
      and thank you – Jax is a handful but love him so much!! HUGS

2. Elisabeth says

Mint chocolate body butter sounds amazing; I love making my own homemade, natural beauty products. Also, I made the plantain socca, and it was so delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Plus, I really like the June challenge that you girls came up with. You girls are inspiring me every day!

3. says

Funny – the farmer’s market was the local business that I supported yesterday, too!!
    I’m fixing to go out and walk – I’ve been waiting all day for it to warm up but looks like that isn’t going to happen! Oh, well!
    Kim recently posted..Backyard/Beach Boot CampMy Profile

4. Sara says

I decided to do today’s mini challenge yesterday (good thing, because it is stormy here today!)…took one of my dogs for a walk at the park and sweated it out in the heat haha. I haven’t made it out to any farmer’s markets yet, but that is one thing I always look forward to with the warm weather…nothing like local produce! Hope you ladies had a blessed weekend and upcoming week! :)

5. says

Love your post! I’m still working on my homemade raw sauerkraut, I have yet to perfect it to something edible. Hoping a local farmer’s market will carry some this summer!

6. says

Aww, thanks, guys!! :)

And yeah!! for the #whatsbeautiful headstand! I’m still working on mine, and almost went upside down in a yoga class on Friday. Going to try again in tomorrow’s class :) And you’re right, for every time ya fall or don’t make it up, just try it again! xoxo
    Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..(Not) Sticking to the ListMy Profile

7. says

LOVE your green and purple coffee mugs! I’m planning on buying plantains this week so that I can try out the socca bread. It sounds and looks delicious – especially with avocado and sea salt!

Since I missed yesterday’s post, I just popped back to take a peek. I’ll definitely be joining you in a five minute plank – or at least an *attempt* at a five minute plank. ;)

I love farmer’s markets, and try to go every weekend during the spring and summer. I bought some beautiful raspberries and mushrooms on Saturday!

Happy almost Monday, ladies! And thank you so much for the shout-out; that means a lot. <3 Hugs!
    Sara @ Nourish and Flourish recently posted..A Cake and a CountdownMy Profile

8. Courtney says

I want to try the plantain bread, but I must confess that I’ve never cooked, or eaten, plantains before. Are they sweet? I’ve seen them all over the place lately in savory recipes. I’d love to give them a try, but I want to give my taste buds a heads up first. :)