sparked-interest-01

From us:

homemade sauerkraut

Making homemade sauerkraut again.

be active be happy

Being grateful for life. Β We get to choose to be active…to be happy πŸ˜‰

avocado

Enjoying a new favorite snackplantain socca with avocado and black sea salt.

equalizer

Love our equalizer!! Β A goal of ours is to use it more often than we do now.

jaxLove this dog.

runningEnjoying walking outdoors in my comfy raw threads clothes with Lori and Jax.

working outsideEnjoying doing a little work outside while sipping on our favorite drink – kombucha.

get back up and try again

Learning to get back up when we fall. Β PracticingΒ our headstands for #whatsbeautiful challenge has been helping us remember this. Everyday we are learning to trust life, enjoy the journey, and just keep getting back up and trying again.

be grateful

Be grateful!

From off the internet:

Does your blood type determine your optimal diet.Β Β  —> we learn so much from this guy. We used to follow the blood type diet many many years ago, saw some improvements but still struggled. And now knowing everything we know now and have personal experienced he thoughts make sense to us now.

Mint chocolate whipped body butterΒ  —> wow this sounds amazing!

Our dear friend conquered PCOS – so happy for you Paige!!!

without the skinny rules by sara —> great posts!!

pregnancy myths – don’t lift heavy by jess –-> great read as well

Debbie made our plantain bread pizza inspired by our plantain bread — YUM

cuteline3-01

We did our #PFChallenge yesterday!

farmers market

The whole gang went to the farmers market to support our local community and farmers.

And for today’s challenge we are going for a walk outside! How are you guys doing with the challenges?

Twins Question: What sparked your interest this past week? Do anything fun this weekend? Are the farmers markets open in your area?

till next time

L and M

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

26 thoughts on “sparks from the week – be grateful

1. thank you so much for featuring me!
    i seriously love you ladies and want to make so much that you post, i’m so glad i finally did it with the plantain bread! it is so fun to experiment with and is so versatile!! next up i think i totally have to make the avocado plantain pudding. maybe add some protein powder to pump it up πŸ˜‰

but seriously both of you are so amazing and i love following your journey!!

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 11:08 am
    1. awww thank you so much Debbie!!! we luv ya too!!!

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 11:28 am
  2. I so love Jax!! What a doll! He’s seems like the perfect, active breed for your active lifestyles!! And, thank you for the shout-out–means SO MUCH to me!! πŸ˜€ Btw, I have been eating avocados daily! Hitting the spot!!

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 11:47 am
    1. awesome Jess – yay for avocado love!
      and thank you – Jax is a handful but love him so much!! HUGS

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 6:56 pm
  3. Mint chocolate body butter sounds amazing; I love making my own homemade, natural beauty products. Also, I made the plantain socca, and it was so delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Plus, I really like the June challenge that you girls came up with. You girls are inspiring me every day!

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 2:19 pm
    1. thank you Elisabeth!!! HUGS

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 6:57 pm
  4. Funny – the farmer’s market was the local business that I supported yesterday, too!!
    I’m fixing to go out and walk – I’ve been waiting all day for it to warm up but looks like that isn’t going to happen! Oh, well!

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 2:56 pm
    1. oh sorry – hopefully it was a nice walk anyways πŸ™‚
      HUGS

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 6:58 pm
  5. I decided to do today’s mini challenge yesterday (good thing, because it is stormy here today!)…took one of my dogs for a walk at the park and sweated it out in the heat haha. I haven’t made it out to any farmer’s markets yet, but that is one thing I always look forward to with the warm weather…nothing like local produce! Hope you ladies had a blessed weekend and upcoming week! πŸ™‚

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 3:40 pm
    1. glad you switched the days too πŸ˜‰
      yes love our local produce!!

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 7:00 pm
  6. Those coffee mugs are adorable! I’m a sucker for them obviously. Where did you get them?
    I can’t wait until my grocery shop trip since I definitely need to try the egg free plantain socca recipe.
    Need to check out those posts now:)

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 5:21 pm
    1. we got them from World Market a few years ago πŸ™‚

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 6:57 pm
  7. My weekend consisted of watching a marathon of Arrested Development and trying different dessert recipes…all of them with chocolate of course ;)!

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 5:40 pm
    1. nice πŸ˜‰

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 6:56 pm
  8. Love this! I am in love with sauerkraut but never ever thought to make it myself. That sparked my interest!

I shop at our farmers market every weekend, being vegan its our grocery store. I would much rather spend my money there than at the store! The stands know us by name.

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 8:54 pm
  9. Love your post! I’m still working on my homemade raw sauerkraut, I have yet to perfect it to something edible. Hoping a local farmer’s market will carry some this summer!

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 9:55 pm
  10. Aww, thanks, guys!! πŸ™‚

And yeah!! for the #whatsbeautiful headstand! I’m still working on mine, and almost went upside down in a yoga class on Friday. Going to try again in tomorrow’s class πŸ™‚ And you’re right, for every time ya fall or don’t make it up, just try it again! xoxo

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 10:28 pm
    1. πŸ™‚

Posted on June 3, 2013 at 8:13 am
  11. LOVE your green and purple coffee mugs! I’m planning on buying plantains this week so that I can try out the socca bread. It sounds and looks delicious – especially with avocado and sea salt!

Since I missed yesterday’s post, I just popped back to take a peek. I’ll definitely be joining you in a five minute plank – or at least an *attempt* at a five minute plank. πŸ˜‰

I love farmer’s markets, and try to go every weekend during the spring and summer. I bought some beautiful raspberries and mushrooms on Saturday!

Happy almost Monday, ladies! And thank you so much for the shout-out; that means a lot. <3 Hugs!

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 11:50 pm
    1. xoxo Sara!!!

Posted on June 3, 2013 at 8:13 am
  12. I love marks daily apple too. What r ur thought on the blood type diet and what type are u gals?

Posted on June 3, 2013 at 2:12 am
  13. NO MORE CANINE ENVY!!
    we are rescuing our boxer next week πŸ™‚

Posted on June 3, 2013 at 8:07 am
    1. awesome!!!!! oh yay!!! So exciting!!!

Posted on June 3, 2013 at 8:11 am
  14. Oh, I missed the start of your challenge. But I’m going to try to do as many days as possible. Such a great idea!

Posted on June 3, 2013 at 8:41 am
  15. I want to try the plantain bread, but I must confess that I’ve never cooked, or eaten, plantains before. Are they sweet? I’ve seen them all over the place lately in savory recipes. I’d love to give them a try, but I want to give my taste buds a heads up first. πŸ™‚

Posted on June 3, 2013 at 10:22 am
    1. they are not really that sweet especially the green ones.

Posted on June 3, 2013 at 10:25 am