how we make creamy kombucha cocktail

pouring kombucha cocktail

Hello luvs!

You know that we love our kombucha.

And we adore our kombucha  cocktails. We love seeing all of you enjoying them as well ;)

-cashew-kombucha cocktail

We were thinking yesterday that we wanted to make something new and fun using kombucha. We were picturing something simple and creamy.

We have a ton of cashews on hand so we thought of blending cashews with kombucha to see what it would do.

cashewsand kombucha

A simple idea, really, that someone else might of probably already thought of it before. But we experimented with doing it – it worked! Cashews are perfect for making anything creamy and yummy.

Really just have fun with this recipe. Add more or less kombucha till you like the consistency and flavor. We just liked the idea of enjoying our kombucha a little differently.

creamy kombucha

How we make creamy kombucha cocktail with cashews.

We left this recipe ‘virgin’ but you could always spice it up a little with some of your favorite liquor or something.  In the cocktail we used ginger flavored kombucha, but you could use any flavor that is your favorite. We just LOVE the ginger one so that is what we used in the recipe.

*Note: what flavor kombucha you use might alter the flavor.

Creamy kombucha cocktail

Prep Time: 1 minute

Total Time: 2 minutes

serves 1-2

Creamy kombucha cocktail

A quick and fun way to jazz up your kombucha.

Ingredients

• 1/2- 1 cup kombuhca (use more if you want)
  • 1/4 cup soaked and rinsed cashews
  • 1-2 teaspoons grade B maple syrup (optional)
  • 1-2 cups ice cubes (optional)

Directions

1. Soak your cashews for about 2 hours. Rinse well.
  2. Place cashews into blender.
  3. Add in your kombucha.
  4. Start small and slowly add in more until you reach your desired consistency you desire.
  5. Add in some sweetness like maple syurp or honey or stevia if you wish.
  6. And can add in some ice cubes or fruit to make it more of a smoothie.

Notes

You can add in other flavorings if you like. Add in fruit or even protein powder for more smoothie style drink.

We hope you enjoy our newest (and random) recipe plus we did a fun little video of us making it. Note this was a last minute idea and video, but we liked the idea and wanted to share.

Something a little fun this Friday and holiday weekend :)

If you give it a try let us know. We are already thinking of all the endless flavors you could do with this and what other things we could use with this recipe! We hope you enjoy our ‘gut’ friendly drink!

Twins Question: Ever have a creamy kombucha before? Do you like Kombucha?

We love kombucha and hope to start brewing it at home again!

L and M

20 Responses to how we make creamy kombucha cocktail

1. Hannah says:

This is genius! Will be trying this soon:)

2. I love it!! Can’t wait to try :)
    Kristi @ lifesprinkles recently posted..A Starbucks WinMy Profile

3. Meg says:

Looks utterly delicious. What a splendid idea. I love your nail polish too!

4. lindsay says:

So i never tried the creamy version. I’m doing it tonight!

5. What a cool idea!!! I have made it into sorbet before and loved it that way. I have a batch brewing right now. Will try this out! :)
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted..Strange But Good: Bacon, Eggs, and Coffee (Pancakes)My Profile

6. Debyi says:

Love Kombucha! Ginger is also my favorite flavor. Can’t wait to try this one. I have been toying with the idea of brewing my own kombucha, would love to hear some thoughts/tips from you guys on it!

7. In love with this drink ladies! Giving me the inspiration to go and treat myself to a bottle of kombucha!
    Gabby @ the veggie nook recently posted..the reading nook: edition #5My Profile

8. Yum!! I am soaking my cashews right now. :) That is my favorite kombucha too!
    Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..Blend 2013 Recap 1My Profile

9. Nancy says:

Sounds delicious if I use sprouted cashews do I still have to soak over night

10. Hannah says:

OMG so delicious! I just made it :) All I could find in my town was Ginger-Goji kombucha and it turned out amazing…I will definitely be making this more often!

11. Leeannem88@yahoo.com says:

I do not care much for cashews , can this be made with almonds like you would make almond milk ?

12. Crista says:

this is interesting… to say the least :)
    i can’t even imagine what it might taste like!
    i like your style girls…..
    Crista recently posted..restaurant spotlight: Native Foods Cafe, Wicker ParkMy Profile