blending blogging friendships

purely outings-01

Continuing our Blend Retreat highlights.

After arriving on Friday and spending the day getting settled into the hotel it was time to continue meeting everyone.

justinnutbutter Enjoyed a snack break where we got to enjoy some Justin Nut Butters.

friends at snackbreak

Chatted with this wonderful group of ladies.

Later it was time for the cocktail party that was sponsored by Silk followed by a lovely dinner.

silk cocktail hour

Again everything was so well laid out. We were impressed. They even made sure there was gluten-free options which was fantastic.

us

We got all dolled up ;)

cocktailhour

Before the chaos began haha.  A room filled with bloggers and some cocktails calls for a loud room. Surprised we did not lose our voices. The room was so energetic.  Friendships being made.

michelle with drink

Enjoyed some wine as we chatted away with our blogging friends. We can be a little shy so a little wine helps ;)

with christa

With the beautiful Christa.

with bonnie

With Bonnie – such a sweat heart!

with bobbie

Great to finally meet Bobbi - adore her.

with paula

Got to meet and chat with Paula – such a cutie.

with paige and lindsay

Loved meeting and talking with these two incredible women – Paige and Lindsay!

with our lindsays

Meet up with our girls – Lindsay and Lindsay! loved how we all kinda matched.

with meg

Meet up with our long lost sister – Meg!

After enjoying a few glasses of wine it was time for dinner.

the girls

first night dinner

Enjoyed a wonderful dinner we each enjoyed a little salad with potatoes, mahi mahi and veggies.

snacks

Always had so many great snacks to snack on during the day and even some late night snacks.

saturday bootcamp

Saturday morning our workout started at 7am and a good group of bloggers showed up. The workout was done by GPP Fitness.

post workout pic

Amazing workout!  Loved wearing our new Raw Threads workout tanks!

saturday breakfast

After the workout it was time to eat!  Laughing Cow and Muesli Fusion were the sponsors of breakfast. Also enjoyed some yummy BluePrint Cleanse green juice! So good.

us with janetha

Chatted away with Janetha at breakfast. Love her!!

more goodies in room

Received even more in room swag goodies. Seriously all the goodies never stopped. We have never seen so many samples before. Again huge thank you to all the amazing companies that were so kind to give these free samples for us to try!

We attempted to go on the hike with some bloggers but the mud was not agreeing with our tennis shoes.

run to wholefoods

So we ran up to Whole Foods with Lindsay and Abby.

saturday lunch wholefoods We stocked up on some coconut waters and kombuchas. As well as got more sushi for lunch.

Came back to the hotel to clean up and get ready to sample some Onnit products.

onnit snacks

YUM! Loved their hemp protein smoothie and their trilogy nut butter.  That stuff could be dangerous ;)

janetha dogs

It was a pleasure meeting Janetha’s super cute dogs and Marshall too!

saturday dinner out

Saturday a group of us went to a local Park City restaurant the Red Tail Grill for dinner. The staff did a great job in accommodating everyone’s food requests.

saturday night scones

Came back to the hotel to enjoy some of Momma B’s famous Utah scones! Oh my — one of the best things we have ever enjoyed. Especially topped with homemade raspberry jam and honey butter.

gpp girls

Got our butts kicked again by these two ladies with GPP Fitness! We loved these workouts just what we love to do!  Got a good sweaty session done in our raw threads shirts.

last day workout

Took more post-workout photos with our friends. It was great to work out with them!

us with lindsaylist

Us with Lindsay!

sunday breakfast

Sunday’s breakfast was sponsored by Chobani. And wow! They had a huge selection of food to pick from smoothies, to pancakes, to fresh fruit, of course chobani yogurt, and the highlight was definitely the omelette stations.

And thanks to Christa for always providing us with avocados to eat with our breakfast!

sunday breakfast bloggers

After breakfast it was time to start saying goodbyes to our friends. It was a pleasure getting to know Sara, Heather, Laura, Christa and Bonnie.

more blog friends

Said our goodbyes to more blogging friends – Sarena, Brittany, Lauren, and Janetha.

goodbye pics

Then it was time for the closing ceremony and more goodbyes to new friends (Heather, Lauren, Lindsay, and Laura)

last day walking around

A few of us walked around downtown Park City before heading to the airport. Goodbye beautiful Park City. We had fun! And wanted again to say a HUGE thank you to Debbie for being our driver!

plane ride foods

Arrived to the airport early so we enjoyed some salmon arugula salad at the airport along with a bloody mary. And enjoyed Vega maca chocolate bar on the plane – delicious! The salmon salad had some garlic in it so the plane ride was not fun. It was a very long plane ride home to say the least. We both were not feeling well from the garlic – so definitely know we can not handle garlic. That is confirmed now.

more plane food

Also snacked on Onnit Hemp force protein bar, lots of Vega savi seeds, and the delicious Healthy Bites!!

jax

Loved waking up to this face this morning!! Home sweet home.

We had a GREAT time at the Blend Retreat!  It went by way too fast.  Everyone there was so friendly and Park City was gorgeous. But it also feels good to be home!

We had a blast chatting with new blogging friends as well as reconnecting with old friends. We did not get to take a picture or meet everyone there and we apologize. We will have to do better next time. It was a wonderful group of girls at Blend and we are honored to have been able to connect with so many of them!

Twins Question: Do you like going to social events? Are you good about meeting everyone in the room? What was your highlight from the weekend?

till next time,

purelytwins

Twin sisters. Personal trainers. Creators of Purely Fit Life online workout club. Helping and inspiring others to get strong and fit at home. Cookbook authors of 3 allergy-friendly ebooks. Bakers. Bloggers. Youtubers. Enjoy a balanced lifestyle with a focus on real food. Love inspiring others to become happy and fit in all parts of life.

A trusted source for all things health, fitness, recipes, and happiness. Every article is real, relatable, and with a side of fun :)

Follow along as Lori shares her journey of being pregnant with her first child.

Learn more about the purely twins and what you’ll find on the blog

Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube

54 Responses to blending blogging friendships

1. So much fun this weekend! It was great meeting you both.

And thanks for sharing where you got your tops – I wanted to ask because I thought that they were adorable, and forgot!
    Alex @ Alex Tries it Out recently posted..Keeping Sane at the Grocery Store: 8 Simple TipsMy Profile

2. Heather says:

Cannot even begin to tell you how jealous I am! So glad you had fun
    Heather recently posted..Disney’s Castaway Cay 5k April 2013My Profile

3. Dana says:

Wow, these photos make me regret not attending! Blend Retreat looks like a fun time. I am adding it to my bucket list for next year. Looks like you guys made lots of new friends and enjoyed yourselves.
    Dana recently posted..Monthly GoodiesMy Profile

4. Lindsay says:

Looks like such a blast! I’m sad I couldn’t go, but maybe next year?

5. Great to meet you ladies this past weekend!! :)
    Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Blend 2013!!!My Profile

6. ahhh miss you girls already! great recap! you got some awesome pics!!!
    Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..Bean Bytes 38My Profile

7. lindsay says:

oh i am homesick for my twins! Thank you both for your friendship. It’s amazing how we just pick up right where we left off. You two mean the world to me, i mean that. Love YOU!
    lindsay recently posted..Blendorama: The Thank YOU CardMy Profile

8. Great recap! I don’t know how I’m going to include all of the fun and excitement in mine- there’s just so much to talk about :). Bummed we didn’t get to chat more… I think next year’s Blend should be a week long ;).
    Carly @ Snack Therapy recently posted..Up in the AirMy Profile

9. Wow! What a beautiful recap and thorough recap with so many gorgeous pictures! So, so good to meet you both. Can’t wait to do it again! xoxo
    Laura @ Mommy Run Fast recently posted..Do you plan seasons of rest?My Profile

10. Love all the pictures! It looked like you girls had so much fun! I’m very shy, but slowly trying to change that :). Going to social events used to be something I did not like, however as I’m getting older I realized there are alot of interesting people with fascinating stories or advice. Also I love talking to people about anything nutrition related ;).
    Mandie Marie @ The Fruitful Turtle recently posted..Swimming in Discounts at Home GoodsMy Profile

11. What a great recap of the weekend! I was blown away by everything – and sooooo happy to have (finally) gotten to meet you both. You are even more amazing in person… and I didn’t think that was possible. :)
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted..Tempeh Mole MuffinsMy Profile

12. i love this recap!! and i miss you guys already! come hike this summer!
    Lindsay’s List recently posted..my love for travelMy Profile

13. I had a blast meeting everyone! Great recap! You got lots of good pics!
    Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..BLEND 2013 Was AmAzInG!My Profile

14. It was FANTASTIC meeting you adorable pint-sized fit ladies!! You guys rock. LOVE all the pictures! I am sad we didn’t get one, but once again, I am uber bad with taking photos. Gotta work on that <3

Hope you had safe travels home!!
    Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..BLEND Retreat 2013 Recap (Part 1)My Profile

15. Laury says:

Aww how fun!!!!! You girls look awesome…I am so glad you got to meet so many wonderful friends. It makes me miss blogging and interacting wih everyone regularly. Having children makes things very difficult in that respect, at least for me!

Hopefully some day we can meet!

PS–where did you get your dresses? I love them!
    Laury recently posted..Spicy Ginger Lime Chicken and Coconut RiceMy Profile

16. Love your recap and all your pictures! It was a wonderful weekend but it went by too quickly! I too realized on Sunday morning that there were so many people that I still didn’t get a chance to speak with and get to know. Sorry we didn’t get a chance to chat. Just means we’ll have to go back next year, right?
    Christine @ Love, Life, Surf recently posted..Blogger + Friend = BlendMy Profile

17. Tiffani says:

I really wanted to go to blend this year. It was doable, seeing as it was only a handful of miles away from my house. Sadly, I didn’t end up going. I really am kicking myself for not! It looks like soooo much fun!

I feel like I am awkward in social settings when I don’t really know anyone, but a little wine would loosen me up ;)

18. Julie says:

You ladies got some of the best pictures! Had so much fun and can’t wait to go back!
    Julie recently posted..MIMM: Blend Retreat Saturday Part 1My Profile

19. I have never been to any type of blogger conference or meet up and BLend looks amazing. I kept seeing IG pictures all weekend and it looked like so much fun and an amazing chance to really get to know other bloggers better.
    Abby @ BackAtSquareZero recently posted..Designer Whey ReviewMy Profile

20. It was so nice to meet you ladies, even if we didn’t get to spend too much time chatting! :)
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..The What: Blend 2013My Profile

21. I was beyond thrilled to meet you two. I miss you already! I may be emailing soon with some recipe/food questions – just a warning.

22. Melissa C says:

Great recap ladies! It looks like you had an amazing time! I really wished I could have attended this year, maybe next year! Even though I am not a blogger, I feel like I know you both as I read your blog religiously!

23. Awesome recap! I was so bummed that I couldn’t go this year – after I vowed last year that I would be there. It’s posts like these that really make me want to go to these events! I have only met a few “blends”, but they are all fantastic people.
    Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..The Home Stretch & Salad SeasonMy Profile

24. Maureen says:

It sounds like everyone who went had a GREAT time! :)
    Maureen recently posted..Thirteen {13}My Profile

25. so glad i got to meet you girly girls even if it was briefly!! xoxo
    Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..#Blend2013My Profile

26. Hi! I found your blog through The Lean Green Bean’s blog. From reading everyone’s Blend retreat recaps makes me want to go next year!
    Lindsey @ OneMotherofaDay recently posted..Tea Time! and Sunday Food Prep for week of May 19-24, 2013My Profile

27. I love this recap! My heart is so full after such an incredible weekend. always happy to supply the avocado! Miss you girls <3
    Christa @ Edible Balance recently posted..{MIMM #3} Blend 2013 Edition!My Profile

28. Such a fun weekend! I’m going through Blend withdraw! haha
    So great to meet and hang out with you two.
    Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Blend Day 1 RecapMy Profile

29. it’s always so hard to meet everyone at Blend and looking back at the photos there were so many people I missed! It’s hard when there are so many amazing ladies there (like you two!!). :)
    Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..LiveFit Trainer: Week 6 Recap & Blend Workouts!My Profile

• purelytwins says:

glad we are not the only ones that missed speaking with people – guess that means we need to go back ;)
      so many amazing people!!

30. This is the best recap ever! You two were SO GOOD at taking photos of PEOPLE- something I definitely did not do enough of! I am so glad that I finally met you both, and wish we had more time together- but that’s what next year’s for, right?
    I LOVE the Raw Threads tops- and they look so great on both of you! Also- didn’t you provide some kind of delicious treat for the swag bags last year? I seem to think that you did….
    Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning recently posted..WIAW 41: Traveling to UtahMy Profile

31. Kate says:

Lori, ur white shrug is really cute… Where did u buy it? I’ve been looking for on one. I got a black one at kohl’s yrs ago and haven’t been able to find one since

Glad u had fun!

32. MegG says:

Wonderful recap, it was such a great weekend and there was so much great food! Love all your photos, you really captured it all!
    MegG recently posted..BLEND Retreat 2013My Profile

33. jay says:

Did you not bring a second pair of shoes for mud hikes? Haha