[one-fourth-first][/one-fourth-first][one-fourth][/one-fourth][one-fourth][/one-fourth][one-fourth][/one-fourth]

We got Jax about 10 months ago. And that day changed my life forever! (warning this is a very jax picture heavy post, what can I say I love my dog) Do you guys remember meeting Jax and Gary?
9 week old vizsla

Hard to believe we got Jax when he was 9 weeks old! And today he is turning 1!

baby vizsla sleeping

The Vizsla breed lives up to the expectations of being the best lap dogs. Vizslas donโ€™t just want to be with you, they want to be on you. Jax always finds a way to be touching you in some form.

Vizslas don’t understand personal space ๐Ÿ™‚

jax sleeping by us

Remember those days where he slept a lot.

I knew that vizslas were ‘velcro’ dogs, wanting to be by your side all the time. And they are very persistent at it too!

baby jax on lap

I find myself laughing at the ways Jax always tries to get my attention or sneak up on me like I don’t see him.

cutejax

We had our issues with Jax. He was not an easy vizsla puppy. Vizslas can be very destructive, something I learned early on.

He sure has a big personality. A little stubborn. Always challenging the rules.

more cute jax

Love Vizslas wiggle butts! Love watching him grow over these past months!

Vizslas do not cope well with boredom. Gary and I learned that quickly too.

jaxbytree

Crazy to see our yard before the fence and grass! I remember Jax loving to just sit by the trees and watch everything around him. It was so cute to watch him.

funny vizsla

We sure had many funny moments with him.

vizslaturningone

He loves going to the parks to run and swim.

Vizslas have a lot of energyย and need daily exercise mentally andย physically.

I love seeing Jax runย around the parks. He always looks like he has a big smile on his face.

jax in water

He was a fearless puppy and still is.

Jax is so intelligent and loves learning new things. Ever since we started our dog training with him we have seen him start to become a mature dog. He is also eager to do anything. Love that.

jax in backyard

Loves finding the sunny spots in the yard to sit in.

jax arm on me

Like I said they always find a way to touch you, even in the car.

jax in kitchen

Always near by. Always watching. Always there for you.

jax following in kitchen

Never leaves your side.

jax sleeping on sofa

Sleep in the funniest positions.

michelle jax chair

Jax loves his aunt Michelle. Always wanted to sit with her.

jax kissing michelle

Never understand when we would workout.

jax posing

I canโ€™t imagine life without you, Jax. I adore your face expressions. You can always make me smile and laugh.

me hugging jax

I love snuggling with you.

As much as I have taught you, youโ€™ve taught me more. And youโ€™ve brought so much fun (and a little frustration) and joy to my life.

I look forward to continuing our adventures together for many more years.

Happy 1st birthday Jax! I love you.

Lori

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

27 thoughts on “Jax turning one year old today

1. SO exciting! Jax is such a cutie!
    Can’t believe a year has already passed!
    Such a beautiful dog!

Posted on May 5, 2013 at 4:13 pm
    1. thank you Lisa! I know it’s crazy!! time flies by

Posted on May 5, 2013 at 4:18 pm
  2. What a cute post. Jax is a beautiful dog, and I can completely relate to falling in love with one. I just adopted/rescued a dog about 5 weeks ago, and I’ve never been so smitten. Talk about claiming a spot in your heart!!

Posted on May 5, 2013 at 4:16 pm
    1. definitely claims a spot in the heart ๐Ÿ™‚ HUGS

Posted on May 5, 2013 at 4:19 pm
  3. Too cute! Dogs are definitely a part of the family. I have 3 Miniature Schnauzers (Mr. Biggs, Buddy and Bernard) ages 11, 2, and 6 months. They all have such different personalities and bring me so much love and happiness. Happy Birthday Jax!!!

Posted on May 5, 2013 at 4:18 pm
    1. thank you!!!

Posted on May 5, 2013 at 4:26 pm
  4. Aaaw, Happy Birthday Jax! He is so adorable. Love that picture of him interrupting your plank workout! He certainly enjoys some affection ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted on May 5, 2013 at 5:04 pm
    1. thank you Emma ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted on May 5, 2013 at 5:30 pm
  5. he is so adorable! my dog sits behind me on my chair too!

Posted on May 5, 2013 at 5:54 pm
  6. Happy birthday Jax! What a nice post for your first born!

Posted on May 5, 2013 at 6:41 pm
    1. thank you Dawn!

Posted on May 5, 2013 at 7:29 pm
  7. Jax looks so sweet! My dog interrupts my planks too getting all up underneath me. Sometimes I can’t get anything done so I’ll incorporate her into my workout, doggie dead lifts!

Posted on May 5, 2013 at 8:26 pm
  8. Jax is so precious. You can post as many pics of him as you like – I’ll never get tired of seeing that cutie ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted on May 5, 2013 at 10:51 pm
    1. thank you Amanda, I will keep sharing pics ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted on May 6, 2013 at 8:26 am
  9. omggg Jax is so adorable I can’t stand it! I wish I had a dog. Heehee, he’s so affectionate!

Posted on May 6, 2013 at 8:03 am
    1. thanks Jojo!! he is a handful but I love him ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted on May 6, 2013 at 8:27 am
  10. Awww so cute! happy birthday to him!! <3

Posted on May 6, 2013 at 9:09 am
  11. there is no love quite like dog love. happy birthday to jax! he is seriously adorable <3

Posted on May 6, 2013 at 10:41 am
  12. Awww…baby Jax no more – he’ll always be your baby though ๐Ÿ˜‰
    My niece Ruby is a Vizsla, and they are darlings…full of beans too!
    I love Jaxs’ silly face expressions too – he is such a cuuute-y!
    Happy 1st Birthday Jax! <3

Posted on May 6, 2013 at 10:43 am
  13. So cute!

Posted on May 6, 2013 at 11:29 am
  14. awwwwwwwww! happy birthday to your man! <3<3<3

Posted on May 6, 2013 at 1:18 pm
  15. OMGoodness!!! I can’t believe he is a year old and that time has flown by. I did not realize how long I had been following you and Michelle. Jax is so cute!!! I am a proud Mama of two furry babies myself, so I can relate to your love for your little guy. ๐Ÿ™‚ We just celebrated Hermione (Mione)’s birthday this week. She is ten years old and I love her dearly. I posted several baby pictures of her on Facebook this week to celebrate her birthday. I am so grateful she showed up on my doorstep literally ten years ago…talk about a God send.

I am so happy for you! Happy Birthday, Jax!!!!

Hugs,

Erin

Posted on May 6, 2013 at 4:24 pm
  16. Aww… Jax is SO cute! He’s a true cutie ;)! I love all his pictures. They’re funny, too =)

This is my first comment ever on you’re blog! I’m a raw vegan, and I love your blog, though. I love the fitness part of it ๐Ÿ˜‰ X

Posted on May 6, 2013 at 6:09 pm
    1. thank you! and welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted on May 6, 2013 at 6:12 pm
  17. Aww! Jax is so cute! I have a Boston terrier named Tex, and he turns three next week, but he is still a puppy at heart! It’s amazing how much we can learn and receive from dogs.

Posted on May 6, 2013 at 6:19 pm
  18. I have really enjoyed reading your blog about Jax. I was actually searching the Internet for “defiant Vizsla puppy” and I came across your blog. The first thing I saw was your video when you were having issues with Jax biting, dominating etc. It was so good to hear someone else was having issues, because I feel like everything else I have read Vizslas are the perfect dogs. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE our Booker B, but it can be very trying at times raising this puppy. He will be 12 weeks on Tuesday and everything that you said in your video is what Booker does. Please tell me Jax has gotten better now that he is almost 18 months. Any advice? When did you start noticing improvements? How did you find a Vizsla socialization group? I am excited to read the rest of your blog with all the recipes and workout advice. Thank you so much for sharing a piece of your world ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted on September 27, 2013 at 6:22 pm
    1. Laurel- glad you found us!!! sorry to hear Booker is giving you problems. I will email you ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted on September 27, 2013 at 7:20 pm