one year anniversary

Yesterday was Gary and I’s one year wedding  anniversary.

Hard to believe it has been one year since marrying the man of my dreams. I remember those few days leading up to the wedding day like it was yesterday.

I remember my nerves on my wedding day along with the good time we had celebrating with family and friends.

A day I wish I could relive as it was perfect. It is fun now for me to look back at pictures and remember my wedding day.

cuteline3-01

purely-outings-logo

Since my birthday is a few days before our wedding anniversary we decided to stay one extra day in New Orleans to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

new orleans streets

We continued to walk around New Orleans. Soaking in the culture.

band-instreets

Loved listening to all the bands in the streets playing all sorts of music.

gw fins restaurant

Later we went out of a lovely romantic dinner at GW Fins restaurant.  I loved the atmosphere and the service like most of the restaurants we ate at in New Orleans was amazing.  Our server was very polite and helped with making decisions on what to try.

smokedmussels

Started our dinner with their smoked oysters. WOW. I am just getting into eating oysters and these were delicious!!

scalibut

I got one of their signature dishes called the scalibut. It is halibut topped with scallops served with some sugar snap peas and losbster tomato risotto. Loved the texture combo of the scallops mixed with the halibut. The fish was cooked perfectly. And the risotto was delightful.  Creamy and full of flavor.

chocolatedessert

And we got a chocolate souffle cake for a little sweet treat for dessert. Delicious. Perfect for a chocolate lover like myself.

breakfast at brennans

The next morning before leaving New Orleans we had to eat at Brennan’s! We have heard a lot about their food, especially their famous bananas foster. Gary and I were both really excited to give it a try as our last meal on our vacation.

coffee

Enjoyed coffee.

cream and strawbrries

Shared some strawberries and cream to start.

salmon poached eggs

Brennan’s had quite a menu of food options to pick from but I went with their salmon with poached eggs.  The poached eggs and salmon were all cooked to perfection!

making banana fosters

And ended our yummy brunch at Brennan’s with the famous bananas fosters!

They make it right in front of you too.

famous banana fosters

Their famous banana foster not disappoint! The best tasting banana foster I ever had! Very sweet. Rich. Delightful.

Exquisite way to end our eats in New Orleans. Worth every bite!  Very memorable milestone birthday and first year wedding anniversary celebration indeed!

Twins Question: Do other banana foster lovers out there? Have you had banana foster before?

till next time,

purelytwins

25 Responses to one year anniversary

1. Miz says:

time so so so flies.
    soon you will be at 17 as we are!!
    Miz recently posted..Breath walking: misfit style.My Profile

2. Happy Anniversary! <3
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday – “The Girl”My Profile

3. Wow. A birthday and anniversary all in the span of a week! Congratulations :)

4. Jojo says:

Happy birthday and anniversary! Glad you had such a great time in New Orleans. The food looked so good :P

I’ve made banana foster before, but never had it at a restaurant.
    Jojo recently posted..Single Serving Whole Wheat PancakesMy Profile

5. Happy Birthday and Wedding Anniversary! Looks like an amazing collection of memories!!! <3
    Amanda Borris recently posted..The first Blog Entry and My Journey to learning about Healthy, Whole & Living FoodsMy Profile

6. Teri [a foodie stays fit] says:

Happy anniversary! I still am obsessed with your dress. :)

7. Kim says:

Happy anniversary!
    Sounds (and looks) like your final meals in New Orleans were awesome!!
    Kim recently posted..How do you Define Yourself?My Profile

8. kris says:

Happy Anniversary!! Looks like an amazing way to round out a fun trip in Nola!
    kris recently posted..monday musingsMy Profile

9. Erica says:

Congrats on 1 year!!! I can’t believe its already been a year. I still adore your dress. AH! Hope yall celebrate it up!
    Erica recently posted..Lasagna Recipes & Diva Half MarathonMy Profile

10. Oh wow, I know how fast that time flies! My husband and I are about to celebrate 12 years, I can hardly believe it! Happy Anniversary!

It looks like you had such a fun trip to New Orleans! I’d love to visit there one day :)
    Christa @ Edible Balance recently posted..Marvelous In My Monday (MIMM) ~ First Edition!My Profile

11. happy anniversary!!! i haven’t ever had bananas foster…i am very particular about bananas. i hate the smell of them so i usually only eat them frozen or in a smoothie lol
    The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) recently posted..workstation inspiration?My Profile

12. Melissa C says:

Happy Anniversary! It looks like you had a fantastic birthday and wedding celebration! :)

13. Happy anniversary to you and Gary! Many more years to come xoxo

14. Your wedding photos are so gorgeous! Happy anniversary!! Always take time to celebrate one another and your relationship!
    Deanna@healthyleanfit recently posted..Sunday….fun day??My Profile