prayers for boston

Our hearts…prayers…tears go out to everyone involved yesterday in the Boston explosions.

jen at race blog

Our older sister and her husband were there working at the Boston Marathon expo and stayed an extra day to see the race.

Lori and I were out and about running errands and we received a text from our sister – “There was an explosion. We are alright”

Explosion?? WTF??

We immediately drove as fast as we could back home to turn the news on, get on facebook and twitter to see what is happening!

jen-finishline boston before explosion

Crazy to think our sister was standing right there. So close.

Tears ran down our faces…seeing the videos…hearing the people scream for help.

There are truly no words to describe what happened yesterday.

A day that brings hope, life, inspiration…

boston runner finish line before explosion

Stay strong for Boston today.

boston-strong

We are thankful our sister and her husband left the race a little early….we feel our grandmother was looking down and watching over them.

#prayersforboston

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

11 thoughts on “strong for boston

1. It’s so sad, and so crazy. I’m so glad your sister was alright. I had friends running in it, and I’m thankful for twitter (Which sounds silly, but it’s true) because I was able to see they were ok!

Posted on April 16, 2013 at 9:23 am
  2. So glad your family is safe!!! It was an awful event that happen yesterday. Hopefully, people will understand life is short and precious and we should enjoy each day we have together and say more “I love you’s” to those we love.

Posted on April 16, 2013 at 10:00 am
  3. I’m so glad that your sister and her husband are ok!

Posted on April 16, 2013 at 10:32 am
  4. Oh, my! I have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat after reading this! I didn’t know your sister and her husband would be there, and I am so glad they are okay. What a fright that must have been. Love and hugs to you, and yes, grandmother’s love was there, too.

Posted on April 16, 2013 at 10:43 am
  5. I’m so glad to hear your sister and her husband are ok!

Posted on April 16, 2013 at 10:47 am
  6. it is so heartbreaking…i often wonder why people do these things when there is so much good and happiness in this world…so many things to LIVE for! i am really thankful to hear your sister and husband are ok! i have several friends that live up there and were spectating so it was a bit of a panic-y day for people all over the world!

Posted on April 16, 2013 at 11:30 am
  7. So unreal, and scary. It’s unbelieveable that anything like this can happen, and does happen all over the world. No one goes to a race thinking of their safety. Unfortunately that is what will happen now.

I’m praying every moment I think about it…

Posted on April 16, 2013 at 1:02 pm
  8. I had chills reading this post. So glad to hear your sister is okay!

Posted on April 16, 2013 at 2:12 pm
  9. I’m so glad your sister and husband are good 🙂 I really like this article, it explains why so much suffering and also about why some die in random events while others live in the same events. I hope you like it as much as I did. I’m sorry your Grandma passed away, God promises that there will a resurrection and we will be able to see our love ones again. Here is the link for the article http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201107/why-so-much-suffering/

Posted on April 16, 2013 at 3:54 pm
  10. I have chillz…so sad 🙁 Grateful you sister and hubby is ok lovelies <3

Posted on April 16, 2013 at 10:13 pm
  11. Giving thanks for those who were protected! What an awful & scary thing! Your sister and her husband surely were protected and I am certain that your grandmother had a hand in that!

Posted on April 17, 2013 at 3:56 am