sparked interest: enjoy… family memories

Hello friends, thank you so much for the sweet words about our grandmother, June.  She passed away last night.  Losing a loved one is never easy.  Even though we knew this day was coming it is still difficult to experience (not a day goes by where we don’t think about our grandpa’s death )

This morning we pulled out family photo albums to browse through to reflect on memories. Family is so important. We feel so blessed to have such an amazing family and especially wonderful grandparents.

twins and grandparents

Our grandmother was a wonderful lady.
Smart. Beautiful. Always telling stories. Smiling. Laughing.

She remembered everything, oh the stories she would tell.

michelle and june

Love being able to look back at old photos and remember all the memories.

Grandparents are so special, aren’t they? We have learned so much from all our grandparents.

lori and june

Grandma we love you and you will be missed!

We were so blessed to have you as our grandmother. We will miss you so much! Thank you for making our life so wonderful. Love you always — the twins

Thank goodness for memories as somehow we have to continue on with life.

From us:

Enjoying lunches outside.

Enjoying wearing sandals!

Enjoying seeing Jax sleep on a pillow.

Enjoying story time with my niece.

Enjoying seeing the sun.

joy eating icecream

Enjoying Luna and Larry’s ice cream.

What sparked us from around the world:

10 reasons why you’re not getting stronger  by Taylor   —> great tips

I got bored from Carla   —> great read

Yoga breath of fire    –> we need to do this more

quitting the blowdrier from Gina  —> we trying to blow dry our hair less and let it curl naturally

Free alternatives to the gym – great ideas from FitSugar

till next time,

Go out and hug or remember your grandparents today.

1. Kat says

What a beautiful tribute to your grandmother. Really makes you appreciate the little things in life (cliches are allowed in condolences). I lost my aunt a few days ago, and you never really get over losing close members of the family.. Hugs

2. Kat says

Oh btw I love breath of fire! Kundalini yoga is so amazing, in a class they’ll do breath of fire for 5 mins straight and the amount of oxygen it brings in your body is crazy!

3. says

I’m so so sorry to hear about your grandmother. She sounds like she was a beautiful woman, and that she played a nurturing and inspirational role in both of your lives. <3 You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! I can only imagine the grief you're feeling right now. Hugs. <3 xoxoxo
    Sara @ Nourish and Flourish recently posted..Flapjacks and a Fast Food FixMy Profile

4. says

Im so sorry to hear about your grandmother passing away, but so wonderful that you had amazing grandparents and great memories that will last forever. Prayers to you and your family xo
    Heathy recently posted..Coconut Swirl BarkMy Profile

5. Katie says

Both of you and your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers. I’ve lost my grandparents as well and I know how tough it can be, but I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with them and the lessons they taught me and the memories we made!

6. amanda says

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, L&M! Grandparents are so very precious – they leave us with magical memories :) I hope your grandmother is in peace. You twins were so cute as little girls — I guess some things never change ;) Sending positive thoughts for your family to heal. xo

7. says

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. Grandparents are really such incredible people, aren’t they? Blessings and peace to you and your family! xoxo