celebrating life’s milestones

Hey luvs!

Glad everyone is enjoying our chocolate pistachio marshmallow cake!  A simple recipe to make and your body taste buds will thank you for it :)
purelyworkout-logo

plank-cardio

Did our 12 minute plank cardio followed by our 10 minute ab workout.

ab workout

Having a strong core is so empowering! And something we ALL can ACHIEVE!
Believe you can. Work hard.

And remember it takes time.

cuteline3-01

Lori’s day:

greenjuicejar

I made myself a lovely green juice. It made about 18oz worth of juice. This juice was filled with head of romaine, half head kale, 3 carrots, 1 granny smith apple, fresh ginger and half cucumber.

eggwith-chiaseeds

Next enjoyed a very #strangebutgood meal – eggs with chia seeds and sweet potato flour to create a very odd egg pancake thing. Yes very strange but promise it was yummy.

greentea

Green tea with maca and stevia.

mylunch-plate

Lunch was some mache lettuce, steamed beets and turnips, with one egg, leftover cod and sardines from the night before. Topped with some olive oil.  Random mix of things but delicious.

englishmufinoil

Later it was snack time with perfect fit protein english muffin topped with coconut oil.

salmonavocadodinner

Dinner was spiralized zucchini, half avocado, salmon, little bit of parsnips fries, lettuce, and nutritional yeast. All topped with coconut oil.

Michelle’s recap:

juice

Morning GREEN juice (plus morning supplements) – carrots, 1 apple, a little fresh ginger, 1/2 head of kale, 1 cucumber, and 1 head romaine.  I added enough carrots to get my juice to 16 oz.

muffin and coffee

I had some things to do in the morning so took my coffee and egg chia muffin thing with me to go.  Similar to what I made yesterday.

wholefoods

Wholefoods for lunch!

I enjoyed a salmon salad (kale, mixed greens, carrot beet slaw, and some veggie mix they had at the hot bar).

Later on I had a perfect fit mush.

scallop salad

Dinner was mixed greens with raw spiralized zucchini topped with scallops, sardines, avocado, olive oil, nutritional yeast and parsnip fries.

cuteline3-01

Now for something fun to talk about –> our birthday celebration!

april-life-inspiration-white-01

We asked some of our friends to share some life inspiration this month in honor of our birthday.

We have not really mentioned much about our birthday yet on the blog, but this year is a BIG year for us!

As we are turning the big 3-0!

A milestone in life.

So we thought having some of our friends share things that they have learned or love about life to share with all of you. We are excited for the guest posts series as life goes by so fast and it is important to remember big and small milestones!  The life inspiration series will start next week :)

Twins question: Anyone else have a #strangebutgood food combo that you have been enjoying lately? Any major milestones coming up in your life, big or small? How do you celebrate milestones in your life?

We are pretty much celebrating each day this month as our birthday month!  Living each day as if it is the greatest day of our life and doing our best to be stress-free.  Trying our best not to think too much about things. Just celebrate life and all its glory.

till next time,

purelytwins

32 Responses to celebrating life’s milestones

1. You guys are a huge inspiration to your readers, so I’m excited to see what inspires you, too! :)
    Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Straight from Winter to SummerMy Profile

2. Charlotte says:

That is a really fun way to add to your birthday celebration! I am also about to hit the big 3-0 in a month, however I am also due with our first child in the next few weeks! This year won’t get much of a birthday celebration. Though it is going to be a special way to start the next portion of our lives and I get to spend a month with my husband and new baby. My only hope is our babies arrival is before my birthday!

3. Chris M. says:

Happy Birthday to you both!! Very exciting milestone! Your eats always look so good! I’m working on logging what I eat and how I feel and my workouts. It’s hard to be consistent but I am trying. More times than I care to admit, I choose foods that I know aren’t the best for me and will not make me feel good. My plan is to review my log weekly and make changes. Excellence not perfection, right?!
    A big milestone in my life is that on 4/16 my husband and I will be celebrating 25 years of marriage! We are amazed that it has gone by that quickly. We are taking a big trip to celebrate…can hardly wait. Big birthday hugs to you both! xo <3

• purelytwins says:

Thank you Chris, well it is not our birthday yet, but thank you for nice words! And best of luck to you!

4. Lindsay says:

So exciting – happy birthday to you beautiful, inspiring and strong ladies! :D
    Lindsay recently posted..what the h wednesday #4: national siblings day.My Profile

5. The big 3-0! Very exciting! Birthday months are the best idea ever. Definitely soak up the love!
    Carly @ Snack Therapy recently posted..A Quote + Major ProcrastinationMy Profile

6. Concetta says:

Happy birthday ladies! I try for a birthday weekend, a month sounds better. Be happy everyday. Thanks for all you do. It is a pleasure to read your blog.

7. Having a strong core does take time and most of it is done in the kitchen, so you ladies continue to inspire with your healthy lifestyle!

8. I love your #strangebutgood combos!!! I like my mashed sweet potato and egg white “pan-lette” creations, but I need to find some SP flour – that just sounds divine!

This year is my 3-0 too. Oy.
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted..Mango-Coconut TVP Oatmeal + WIAWMy Profile

9. Lee says:

I just love all of your short/efficient workouts! Happy almost big 3-0! What day is your birthday? Mine is the 17th :)

10. lindsay says:

strange but good! yes, just had nuttzo and pickles on GF toast. and i gotta get my post to you!! EEK!
    lindsay recently posted..Tummy Talk TuesdayMy Profile

11. Lisa says:

Birthdays are the best!
    Yay you girls are amazing inside and out! Both so beautiful and inspiring. I can’t wait to see what things will come to you in the future:)
    I’m always loving your lovely creations.
    Happy pre birthday;) Birthdays can totally be celebrated all month long!
    Lisa recently posted..What I Ate WednesdayMy Profile

12. my recent strange but good combo is eggs with a splash of tamari, boiled chopped cuke/celery and dried kimchi sprinkled on top! my MIL bday is today and nate’s is tomorrow. looks like a ton of lovely people are born this month! x
    the delicate place (@misathemeb) recently posted..this stuff.My Profile

13. Congrats on the 30 coming up! I celebrated 29 this past weekend with the Cooper River Bridge Run here in Charleston, so I guess that was a good way to start the new year.

Crazy food combos… I have tons. I get the strangest cravings and just “go for it”. When I used to eat eggs, i loved boiled eggs with peanut butter.
    Taylor @ Liftingrevolution recently posted..Learning To Slow Down {Guest Post}My Profile

14. Mandie says:

YaY for Birthday months! and half yearly birthdays! :) Happy birthdays girls! You guys have the greatest attitude toward life! Keep up your amazing work! I’m totally in a strange but good food combo – dino kale, arugula, spinach, tofu noodles, black beans, avocado, nutritional yeast, pasta sauce and salsa. So not pretty, but strangely yummy ;)

15. GIRLS! All these meals look amazing. I’m seriously drooling over them all! I can’t even choose a favourite! I LOVE all of the avocado and your beets reminded me that I have one to cook up for myself :D I have so many recipes and workouts of yours to try! SO EXCITED!

I will have your guest post to you by tonight :D LOVE U and I’m so excited for this milestone and so BLESSED to be a part of it :D
    Meg @ A Dash of Meg recently posted..WIAW: IE ProgressMy Profile

16. kris says:

Birthdays are definitely something to celebrate! Especially the big 3-0! Wishing you two an amazing birthday month :)
    kris recently posted..new thingsMy Profile

17. My birthday is this month too! This tuesday actually, but I’m turning 22 which is not a big milestone, but I’m graduating college in a month!
    Happy 3-0!
    Lea @ Greens & Coffee Beans recently posted..Healthy Homemade Dinners {WIAW}My Profile

18. I’m way past the 30 mark!! Lol! 30 wasn’t bad, it was when I turned 33 this year that I truly realized that now I am INTO my 30′s!!! Haha! It’s all in how you view it, right!!??? Enjoy your month, but better yet, the entire upcoming year!!!!
    Deanna@healthyleanfit recently posted..What’s your rhythm?My Profile

19. Heeyyyyyy abs! You girls are rockstars. 30 is an awesome milestone! I turned 25 last year, so that was a big one I guess, but I feel like birthdays just keep coming and going so quickly now I don’t notice them much. Hunter will be 1 next month. Big milestone there in our house!

20. Lisa says:

Happy Birthday-Month!
    30 is a good one… and I’m sure you’ll be creating tons of strange but good combos in the coming year!
    In a few months I’ll be 35, so that’s my milestone for this year—it used to sound old, but now that I’m close to it it doesn’t really feel old! Lol.
    Lisa recently posted..How to Eat Beef Liver without tasting it! (Coming soon: What to eat instead!)My Profile

21. You two make me feel old! ;)
    Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Gluten Free Muesli Giveaway and Peach Breakfast CalzoneMy Profile

22. such a great attitude about life. Just wanted to say happy birthday and thank you for sharing such a great message all the time!
    Amanda @runtothefinish recently posted..Accountability Monday: 30 Days Stronger ChallengeMy Profile