celebrating life’s milestones

Hey luvs!

Glad everyone is enjoying our chocolate pistachio marshmallow cake!  A simple recipe to make and your body taste buds will thank you for it :)

Did our 12 minute plank cardio followed by our 10 minute ab workout.

ab workout

Having a strong core is so empowering! And something we ALL can ACHIEVE!
Believe you can. Work hard.

And remember it takes time.

Lori’s day:

I made myself a lovely green juice. It made about 18oz worth of juice. This juice was filled with head of romaine, half head kale, 3 carrots, 1 granny smith apple, fresh ginger and half cucumber.

Next enjoyed a very #strangebutgood meal – eggs with chia seeds and sweet potato flour to create a very odd egg pancake thing. Yes very strange but promise it was yummy.

Green tea with maca and stevia.

Lunch was some mache lettuce, steamed beets and turnips, with one egg, leftover cod and sardines from the night before. Topped with some olive oil.  Random mix of things but delicious.

Later it was snack time with perfect fit protein english muffin topped with coconut oil.

Dinner was spiralized zucchini, half avocado, salmon, little bit of parsnips fries, lettuce, and nutritional yeast. All topped with coconut oil.

Michelle’s recap:

Morning GREEN juice (plus morning supplements) – carrots, 1 apple, a little fresh ginger, 1/2 head of kale, 1 cucumber, and 1 head romaine.  I added enough carrots to get my juice to 16 oz.

muffin and coffee

I had some things to do in the morning so took my coffee and egg chia muffin thing with me to go.  Similar to what I made yesterday.

Wholefoods for lunch!

I enjoyed a salmon salad (kale, mixed greens, carrot beet slaw, and some veggie mix they had at the hot bar).

Later on I had a perfect fit mush.

scallop salad

Dinner was mixed greens with raw spiralized zucchini topped with scallops, sardines, avocado, olive oil, nutritional yeast and parsnip fries.

Now for something fun to talk about –> our birthday celebration!

We asked some of our friends to share some life inspiration this month in honor of our birthday.

We have not really mentioned much about our birthday yet on the blog, but this year is a BIG year for us!

As we are turning the big 3-0!

A milestone in life.

So we thought having some of our friends share things that they have learned or love about life to share with all of you. We are excited for the guest posts series as life goes by so fast and it is important to remember big and small milestones!  The life inspiration series will start next week :)

Twins question: Anyone else have a #strangebutgood food combo that you have been enjoying lately? Any major milestones coming up in your life, big or small? How do you celebrate milestones in your life?

We are pretty much celebrating each day this month as our birthday month!  Living each day as if it is the greatest day of our life and doing our best to be stress-free.  Trying our best not to think too much about things. Just celebrate life and all its glory.

till next time,

1. Charlotte says

That is a really fun way to add to your birthday celebration! I am also about to hit the big 3-0 in a month, however I am also due with our first child in the next few weeks! This year won’t get much of a birthday celebration. Though it is going to be a special way to start the next portion of our lives and I get to spend a month with my husband and new baby. My only hope is our babies arrival is before my birthday!

2. Chris M. says

Happy Birthday to you both!! Very exciting milestone! Your eats always look so good! I’m working on logging what I eat and how I feel and my workouts. It’s hard to be consistent but I am trying. More times than I care to admit, I choose foods that I know aren’t the best for me and will not make me feel good. My plan is to review my log weekly and make changes. Excellence not perfection, right?!
    A big milestone in my life is that on 4/16 my husband and I will be celebrating 25 years of marriage! We are amazed that it has gone by that quickly. We are taking a big trip to celebrate…can hardly wait. Big birthday hugs to you both! xo <3

• purelytwins says

Thank you Chris, well it is not our birthday yet, but thank you for nice words! And best of luck to you!

3. Concetta says

Happy birthday ladies! I try for a birthday weekend, a month sounds better. Be happy everyday. Thanks for all you do. It is a pleasure to read your blog.

4. says

Birthdays are the best!
    Yay you girls are amazing inside and out! Both so beautiful and inspiring. I can’t wait to see what things will come to you in the future:)
    I’m always loving your lovely creations.
    Happy pre birthday;) Birthdays can totally be celebrated all month long!
    Lisa recently posted..What I Ate WednesdayMy Profile

5. says

my recent strange but good combo is eggs with a splash of tamari, boiled chopped cuke/celery and dried kimchi sprinkled on top! my MIL bday is today and nate’s is tomorrow. looks like a ton of lovely people are born this month! x
    the delicate place (@misathemeb) recently posted..this stuff.My Profile

6. says

Congrats on the 30 coming up! I celebrated 29 this past weekend with the Cooper River Bridge Run here in Charleston, so I guess that was a good way to start the new year.

Crazy food combos… I have tons. I get the strangest cravings and just “go for it”. When I used to eat eggs, i loved boiled eggs with peanut butter.
    Taylor @ Liftingrevolution recently posted..Learning To Slow Down {Guest Post}My Profile

7. Mandie says

YaY for Birthday months! and half yearly birthdays! :) Happy birthdays girls! You guys have the greatest attitude toward life! Keep up your amazing work! I’m totally in a strange but good food combo – dino kale, arugula, spinach, tofu noodles, black beans, avocado, nutritional yeast, pasta sauce and salsa. So not pretty, but strangely yummy ;)

8. says

GIRLS! All these meals look amazing. I’m seriously drooling over them all! I can’t even choose a favourite! I LOVE all of the avocado and your beets reminded me that I have one to cook up for myself :D I have so many recipes and workouts of yours to try! SO EXCITED!

I will have your guest post to you by tonight :D LOVE U and I’m so excited for this milestone and so BLESSED to be a part of it :D
    Meg @ A Dash of Meg recently posted..WIAW: IE ProgressMy Profile

9. says

I’m way past the 30 mark!! Lol! 30 wasn’t bad, it was when I turned 33 this year that I truly realized that now I am INTO my 30’s!!! Haha! It’s all in how you view it, right!!??? Enjoy your month, but better yet, the entire upcoming year!!!!
    Deanna@healthyleanfit recently posted..What’s your rhythm?My Profile

10. says

Heeyyyyyy abs! You girls are rockstars. 30 is an awesome milestone! I turned 25 last year, so that was a big one I guess, but I feel like birthdays just keep coming and going so quickly now I don’t notice them much. Hunter will be 1 next month. Big milestone there in our house!