purelyworkout-logo

mon workout

Yesterday we both woke up early and were ready to get back into our morning workouts.  Monday we did our interval leg burner workout with 5 minute #plankworkout.

Felt so good to sweat!

monday-leg-workoutwithplank

Nothing like planks and some leg burn to get our butts back into workout mode.  We are staying focused on one workout at a time.

cuteline3-01

eats-logo

Michelle’s Monday recap:

eggs sweet potato

Post workout meal sweet potato and eggs with a little coconut oil, featuring runny yolks!

english muffin

English muffin with coconut oil.

Still loving this recipe.

egg avocado wrap

Next up was egg chia carob avocado wrap – 2 whole eggs mixed with 1 tbsp carob 1 tbsp chia seeds cooked in coconut oil and then filled with 1/2 avocado.

dinner

Dinner was some mixed greens with sardines, yellow squash, 1/2 avocado, baked cod, sauerkraut and coconut oil.

Before bed I snacked on some cacao nibs and enjoyed a gelatin mush (gelatin and water) with my supplements. I am also adding 1 tsp ghee into my gelatin mush (which I have one in the morning and one at night).

Lori’s day:

runnyeggspotatoes

First up was Japanese sweet potatoes with runny egg yolks and coconut oil.

proteinmuffins

Later it was perfect fit homemade english muffin time with coconut oil on top.

sittingoutside

Enjoyed sitting outside to do some reading.

Learning to find my strengths.

jaxoutside

Jax is loving the warm weather too.

egg-with-avocado

I made myself a simple egg coconut flour thin pancake topped with avocado. Also added a pinch of cinnamon on top. It is similar to what Michelle mentioned above what she did but instead of carob I did 1 tbsp coconut flour.  Delicious.

simple-dinner

Dinner was more roasted carrots, sautéEd kale and yellow summer squash, cod, sardines and more avocado.

Like Michelle said above about having our gelatin mush morning and night with some ghee, I am trying that as well. So far we are both loving the addition of ghee and our bodies seem to be liking it as well.

No major news to report with our skin issues. We feel they are getting better 🙂  We are both doing our best to keep our stress levels low (trying to at least), keep up with our water and supplements, and staying positive and happy! Since it is our birthday month we are looking at each day as a new day and living life to the fullest!

cuteline3-01

Seeing our purely community in action- brings the biggest smiles to our faces 🙂

Everyone rocking out the #purelyfitlife workouts! plank action

Lots of plank love going on! Love it!!

new ab workout

You all are killing it on the ab routine!

workout

Together we will get sexy arms and dominate burpees!

Focus on one workout at a time like us!  Wake up each day and be thankful for your body and it’s ability to move!

Stay positive wherever you are on your fitness/health journey. Take rest when needed.  And remember it is never too late…every new day is a new chance.

Love you all so much!

Twins question: How do you stay on track with your fitness/health journey? What issue do you find the hardest to overcome with your fitness/health journey? Try anything new lately?

til next time,

purelytwins

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

12 thoughts on “back on track one workout at a time

1. It is so important to listen to your body. Workout when you need to and rest when you need to. Such an important message. The past year has taught me so much about working out efficiently. I used to workout so hard everyday, but really we need rest and active rest (walking/hiking) in our fitness too!

Posted on April 9, 2013 at 9:49 am
    1. exactly 🙂
      HUGS

Posted on April 9, 2013 at 1:00 pm
  2. Mmmmmmmm love the looks of that wrap, sis! 😀 I’m planning to try something new – a workout of yours! I want an ab focused one 🙂

Posted on April 9, 2013 at 10:07 am
  3. I did your arm and 10 minute ab routines again yesterday and was MUCH less sore after than the first time! I’m going to try the leg routine tonight, and alternate days of legs and arms/abs. I love how quick and intense they are! <3

Posted on April 9, 2013 at 10:56 am
    1. awesome victoria! keep up the great work!!

Posted on April 9, 2013 at 12:59 pm
  4. Since I am trying to heal my body from some many things, the hardest thing has been NOT working out and taking it easy enough on my body so that it can HEAL!! I do a lot of yoga, planks, and walking. They are refreshing activities and even this movement makes me feel good!

Posted on April 9, 2013 at 1:47 pm
  5. Great posts and eats! I suffer the most with telling myself to rest. I 100% believe in resting and taking off days when your body feels it needs an extra chill day but I have a hard time listening to it and actually doing it. It’s something I am working on… it’s okay to not exercise!
    As for nutrition, I am actually trying to eat MORE to help my body recover since I have such a tough training schedule right now and I am simultaneously trying to build more muscle which of course needs calories. As a vegan that part is hard and I often feel like I am eating all the time! lol, I guess things could be worst!

Posted on April 9, 2013 at 3:27 pm
  6. Which way are u gals making ur English muffins? U have a few different methods, so which is ur “go to” recipe?

Posted on April 10, 2013 at 1:26 am
    1. our original is the way we typically make it – http://purelytwins.com/2013/03/05/single-serving-vegan-english-muffin-recipe-glutenfree-protein-rich/

we usually just do 2 tbsp arrowroot or 1 tbsp arrowroot with 1 tbsp psyllium husk with the protein powder

Posted on April 10, 2013 at 9:43 am
      1. Ok thanks. So the muffin is egg free?

What is a replacement for arrowroot? I’m having a hard time finding it. What does it do in the recipe? Can coconut flour work instead?

Posted on April 11, 2013 at 1:43 am
        1. the arrowroot starch acts as a binding agent in the muffin since it has no eggs, you can use cornstarch or tapioca starch or psyllium husk. coconut flour is not an egg substitute.

Posted on April 11, 2013 at 9:26 am
          1. Thanks for the clarification. I’m a bit baking inept lol

Which is the healthiest and most gut friendly alternative?

Which is the lowest in carb (don’t let this answer influence the answer to the first question)? 🙂

Thanks gals