sushi and cupcakes

pancake and cofee
Grain-free protein pancakes and coffee for breakfast. Great way to start the day.

We were running errands all morning so we decided to get lunch out with the parents. Dean and Deluca it was. We both enjoyed a simple salmon salad with no dressing.

After running around town we made it back to the house. Grabbed some raw cookies and cashew frosting … always sneaking in snacks ;)

Then it was dinner time. Which we decided on sushi as the whole family loves it.

We tried a new sushi place in town that our dad found, and boy was it AMAZING!!

Jade Asian Fusion located in Ballantyne area of Charlotte.  It was a very busy place. A nice modern feel to the restaurant with a great drink and food selection.

After choosing the wine we wanted to enjoy (red for Michelle and mom and Lori enjoyed white), it took us a little bit to decide on our sushi rolls.

Enjoyed some wine…sushi and wine just pair perfectly together. Sorry for the messy hair for us both.

Enjoyed a wonderful ginger salad that was complimentary. Very good salad dressing!

We got a variety of rolls that everyone shared.

Toro sushi roll. Seriously the best sushi roll!! All of us really enjoyed this roll.

Definitely plan on going back Jade’s for more sushi in the future… so good! All of us left with yummy bellies. If you are in the area we highly recommend Jade Asian if you are a sushi fan.

When we arrived back home Gary made a lovely fire for us to enjoy. Since it is a little chilly. Yes, we are still enjoying our fires, though this probably will be the last one.

Plus everyone got a gluten-free protein cupcake with cashew frosting and topped with raw cookie that we made the day before. YUM!

We started the movie Lincoln but all of us ended up getting really tired so we will have to finish the movie another night.

We hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend. We love having our parents in town for some wining and dining.

Twins question: Have you ever eaten at a Dean and Deluca before? Do you like sushi or no? If so, what is your favorite sushi roll?  Anyone else have Toro before? Anyone else seen the movie Lincoln?

till next time,

1. Chris M. says

Happy Saturday! I just finished your Sexy Arms workout…can only do 2 half dive bombers–the rest are girlie push ups. Did S.A. twice this week :D I’m laughing because I was in the basement doing laundry and I could barely get the big jug of detergent back up on the shelf……oh the quivering arms…haha! Off to make marshmallows with chocolate extract.
    I’ve never had a Toro roll. It looks pretty amazing! I can’t get my husband to eat sushi :( I enjoy it once in a while. Haven’t seen Lincoln yet, but saw Les Mis. Have a nice weekend!! xo

2. says

That fire looks so cozy! Wish we had a fireplace, we could really use one… we have not seen spring weather yet!

I’ve never been a sushi fan even before I transitioned to plant-based lifestyle. I think it was more to do with the texture and the thought of raw fish than anything else! But I would definitely eat those cupcakes for dinner ;) Hope you are having a great weekend… we’re headed to the mountains tomorrow, can’t wait!
    Christa recently posted..The Dangers of Compromise… the Life of a CeliacMy Profile

3. Chris says

Looks like you had a fun weekend!
    I’m not all that into sushi, although I like wasabi.

How did you make the protein cupcakes?

4. Stacy says

Wow. Those cupcakes look amazing. Can u please post The recipe?

Also, can u share the pancake one too?

5. Tamara says

All of your eats look delicious! YUM! Just a quick question: does sushi rice not bother your stomach?

• Stacy says

Sushi rice and white jasmine are tummy safe…. They won’t ferment in the gut, according to norm robillard, author of fast tract digestion. Check out his website for more info… Its quite interesting

What’s the pancake recipe?

6. Mandie says

You girls look so pretty! Toro sushi is awesome! I saw Lincoln, really good movie, definitely not a let your mind go movie. :) Easy to fall asleep during it if you are tired ;) Will be making the cupcake for dessert later!

7. Kristine says

I am a big fan of sushi especially a rainbow roll made with brown rice. I tried to watch Lincoln but the boyfriend and I both dozed off… kind of a long movie. Looking forward to this dense cupcake recipe! Just made another batch of protein brownies ; )