Learn how we made a 4 ingredient homemade banana coconut fudge with a secret ingredient.
Secret ingredient? You’re probably thinking it is avocado? Are we right? Since you know we LOVE our avocados. But nope, not this time.
This time we tried using other favorite ingredients of ours… SPINACH.
We know you are probably thinking, “spinach in fudge, how could that be good?” We promise you can not even taste it. As we used the spinach to provide a green color, the real flavor is banana coconut.
Here is another green recipe that was inspired by St. Patty’s day coming. Check out our green mint marshmallows for another healthy sweet snack option.
This homemade fudge contains really only 4 main ingredients (as we are not including vanilla as an ingredient}.
This bananacoconut butter fudge takes about 5 minutes to make in your Vita-mix or any blender.
The basis for this fudge is coconut butter ( you could use coconut oil, we just like the texture coconut butter provides the fudge) and a banana. We threw in some spinach for providing a green color, and added in a little maple syrup for that little extra sweetness, it can be omitted.
Once batter is blended set your fudge into freezer to set for a few hours. Just like our other fudge recipes this batter can be delicate to work with because it is sensitive to heat. We recommend moving fast when getting the fudge out of pan.
We like to store our fudge in the freezer and pull out to room temperature for a little bit to get nice and soft, and oh so creamy dessert.
Seriously, what is not to love about this homemade banana coconut ‘green’ fudge recipe?
- naturally sweetened
- few ingredients
- quick to make
- full of fiber and healthy fats
- and it’s green… ok we like to eat green foods, so we added that. hehe
Purelytwins recipe: 4 ingredient GREEN banana spinach homemade fudge (raw, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, naturally sweetened)
Makes 6-7 individual fudge pieces
We used our individual mini cheesecake pan for this, you could use a muffin pan or small pie circle.
- 2 small bananas, about 5oz
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, 4 1/2oz
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- handful of fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 3/4oz
- In your Vita-mix or blender place you bananas, coconut butter (works best if it is softened) and vanilla. Blend.
- Next add in your fresh spinach and maple syrup.
- Continue to blend till everything is well blended.
- Pour fudge batter into our pan. We used individual mini cheesecake pan. Could use muffin pan or cake pan. To make sure it does not stick and easier to take out if using a cake pan, recommend putting down parchment paper.
- Set fudge into your freezer for a few hours to set.
- Carefully remove from freezer and cut into sizes, or in our case pop out of pan.
- This fudge is heat sensitive and will get soft if left out at room temperature for too long.
- Can store in freezer or fridge for a quick creamy fudge treat.
Now who wants some banana coconut ‘green’ fudge? What is your favorite fudge flavor?
till next time,