do not worry about tomorrow enjoy today

FindingME

Worry…a word that comes up a lot in my life.

I worry about everything. One reason I am bad at saying “no” is I worry I will hurt that person’s feelings or let someone down. I worry about finishing everything I need to get done. I worry about…is this all right for me?

Gabby explains “worry” and how joking around about negative things actually does more harm than good.

stop worrying about tomorrow

My goal is to worry less. I want strength for today. I do not want stress to take away my strength.

I want to enjoy the present. Don’t you?

Why is it so easy to worry? Why do we let worry take away our joys?

Sometimes easier said than done to worry less. But something I am going to give complete attention to and start to worry less. Starting today!

Destiny I am ready…ready to let go and have faith. And to start worrying less.

How do you overcome worry? Do you let worry prevent you from enjoying the present?

til next time,

Michelle

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

11 thoughts on “Worrying…bad thoughts…how to stop

1. Worrying is something I have always struggled with. My Mom calls me a worry wart!

I’m much better now, but can still work on it, of course.

When I worry I turn to God and ask him for comfort. It always helps. I always talk to Him and I calm down.

Posted on March 3, 2013 at 3:56 pm
  2. Love this! I’m so good at worrying. I know it is usually a lack of faith. I know that God has my circumstances under control. My worry usually comes when I try to control things instead of trusting God with my circumstances!

Posted on March 3, 2013 at 5:33 pm
  3. Love your lovely positive reflection. Worry can rule my life at times too. It’s so unproductive, limiting and down right silly. Happy Sunday gals.

Posted on March 3, 2013 at 6:31 pm
  4. great post – thanks for the reminder! Staying in the present and free of worry is definitely something I struggle with too. I think that’s the key though – to keep reminding yourself to be present and over time it becomes easier and more of a habit. 🙂

Posted on March 3, 2013 at 7:04 pm
  5. It does sound crazy but the first time I heard WORRYING IS LIKE PRAYING FOR WHAT YOU DO NOT WANT–I STOPPED worrying.

Posted on March 4, 2013 at 8:20 am
    1. great way to put it 🙂 xoxo

Posted on March 4, 2013 at 9:14 am
  6. We must recalibrate EACH day – frequently!!! Thanks for sharing!

Posted on March 4, 2013 at 2:00 pm
  7. hello! This question is directed more toward Lori. I know you were going through a lot of trouble with your acne since reading your blog. I have had acne since I was in 8th grade and I’m now a senior in college. I have recently incorporated MACA into my diet. I’m scared that I may break out more. Have you tried it? What were your reactions to it? Also, what kinds of supplements do you take now? You look great!!

-Thanks

Posted on March 7, 2013 at 4:03 pm
    1. thanks! I felt Maca make my acne red-scars, though I think having it a few times a week is fine.
      I take probiotic morning and night, fermented cod liver oil in the morning, drink water, eat a lot of healthy fats, good sleep and reduced my stress, along with cleaning up my diet even more through our 30 day heal the gut.
      I hope this helps! hang in there. I also do oil pulling for my face every night which has really helped.

Posted on March 7, 2013 at 4:09 pm
      1. It made it more red? I just put less than a teaspoon into my flatbread that I make with chickpea flour, I don’t know if that effective. Also, what type of oil do you use to oil pull? I’ve tried just putting sea buckthorn oil on my face and taking a steamy shower afterwards. Less effective?

Posted on March 7, 2013 at 4:23 pm
        1. here is my posts on oil pulling which should help answer some questions 🙂 – http://purelytwins.com/2013/01/16/how-oil-pulling-helped-acne-skin/

Posted on March 7, 2013 at 4:57 pm