A list of makeups that are good for acne prone skin.
what-makeup-to-use-acne-skin-purelytwins

We wanted to gather a list of the current makeups we are using and loving.

We bought ALL these products with our own money! These are just our personal thoughts about makeups we like. These makeups have worked well on our acne prone and sensitive skin. Hopefully you can give some a try and get great results too!

A list of the best makeups we use to help cover up our acne prone skin.

Our recommendations of really good brands and products from personal experience. We are not makeup artists but we do feel these products are worth trying.

eye-makeup

Eye make-up:

Urban Decay Naked eyeshadows

Laura Mercier mascara

Jane Iredale eye liner

And Tart eye makeup

base-makeup-jane-irdele

Final powders and loose powders we use:

Chanel’s Double Perfection Lumiere foundation powder

Jane Iredale mineral powder

Jane Iredale pressed powder

Final powder to set our makeup we use bareescentuals mineral foundation and like their bronzers

powder makeup for acne prone skin

makeup-base-layers

Makeup used for the base layers:

base layer one- use  Vapour Organic Beauty Stratus Soft Focus

base layer two –  use Vapour Organic Beauty Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation

We find these two together make a really nice base and cover well.

First layer if you need to cover-up redness in the skin – Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting

Good for sealing pores and giving a smooth finish Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer

For  even more coverage we like to use:

Jane Iredale Full coverage mineral BB cream  —> love this stuff, really goes on nicely especially with their flocked sponge

Jane Iredale Absence Oil Control Primer  —> great for controlling oil and use with their fondation brush

Concealer:

trying out Vapour Organic Beauty Illusionist Concealer

and use Josie Maran Argan concealer – but not huge fans of it as we feel it rubs off really quickly throughout the day

So like we said in video we are trying to find a new good concealer that stays all day long.

base makeups for acne skin

Michelle uses these base layers:

Smashbox Photo Finish primer  -favorite one

Fusion Beauty Prime Results  acne primer

Tarte poreless primer – can see Michelle’s first thoughts about it here.

makeup for acne skin from purelytwins

There you have it friends.

A list of the makeups we are loving right now that work well with our acne prone skin.

We did a video going over more of the exact makeups and how we use them on our faces!

Have you heard of any of these products? Tried any of them? If so did you like them? What face products and brands do you like and feel work well?

Have any great makeup tips or pointers? Do share.

Hopefully we covered everything here. Again any questions let us know.

till next time,

purelytwins

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

26 thoughts on “Makeup for acne prone skin

1. Have you heard of or tried the All Natural Face line? It’s completely natural and vegan mineral makeup. Doesn’t have any of the weird chemicals of Bare Minerals or the other mineral makeups.

I also have acne prone, combination, sensitive skin. I’ve come to a point where I use the oil cleansing method to wash my face (castor and grapeseed oil for me), and a little argon or sesame oil under my makeup. I still experience some breakouts, but when I’m fully on the green juice wagon all that seems to clear itself up.

Posted on February 18, 2013 at 3:44 pm
    1. brandy never heard of All Natural face, thanks for sharing!

Posted on February 18, 2013 at 4:47 pm
  2. You should try Aveda concealer! I love it! It works well and stays on all day. I’m an Esthetician so I know a little bit about makeup 😉

Posted on February 18, 2013 at 4:04 pm
    1. Thanks Alison we will check it out.

Posted on February 18, 2013 at 4:47 pm
  3. I have always had dark circles under my eyes and acne spots, and have tried just about every concealer I can get my hands on! By far my favorite is Christopher Drummond Beauty concealer-I have actually repurchased this one-a rare thing for me! I’d also recommend the entire Silk Naturals line. They are an online indie mineral cosmetics company with a great color range, reasonable prices and great integrity in choice and explanation of ingredients.

Posted on February 19, 2013 at 9:02 am
    1. thanks Karen for the concealer recommendation! 🙂

Posted on February 19, 2013 at 10:10 am
  4. For foundation, I am a big fan of Alima Pure’s Satin Matte Foundation:

I have extremely acne prone skin too and it’s the only thing I have found that doesn’t break me out. I think it has even fewer ingredients than Jane Iredale and BE. I highly recommend checking it out if you want to experiment! 🙂

Posted on February 19, 2013 at 2:16 pm
    1. thanks Jessica, we will check it out!

Posted on February 19, 2013 at 2:32 pm
  5. I like Mineral Fusion for a natural line. Laura Mercier concealer is amazing, but I didn’t really dig the ingredients. Although when my skin was really bad it was honestly a lifesaver. Thanks for sharing!

Posted on February 19, 2013 at 2:52 pm
  6. Dr. Hauschka makes an awesome concealer 🙂

Posted on February 19, 2013 at 7:55 pm
    1. thanks Meg for the recommendation.

Posted on February 19, 2013 at 8:40 pm
  7. I love Tarte’s primer! This was such a helpful post – thank you!

Posted on February 24, 2013 at 3:53 pm
  8. I Love the fusion beauty primer!!! Right now….I am not natural with my make up :/ I’m loving my Estee Lauder Double Wear! Great coverage and NO GREASE! LOL

I want to try more Jane Iredale…see if I like it now 🙂

xxoo

Posted on March 5, 2013 at 5:38 pm
  9. Hi pretty girls! first of all I love you! Secondly, I have a question about oil pulling!
    So I’ve been loving up but am a bit confused…tell me if this is right…
    I massage the mixture on my face with clean hands and make-up still on and everything. Then I place the hot washcloth on top to let the oil soak in. But here’s my question…so when I pull the cloth away I see my make-up on the washcloth, if it’s a light colored cloth. That’s where I’m confused, is the make-up soaking into my pores as well with the hot towel or is it just removing it? Should I wash my face prior or remove the make-up in some way first? use witch hazel like I do in the mornings? Really loving this evening routine & I think my skin is too, just want to make sure I’m doing it right! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing routine with me! I love you guys!
    love,
    katie

Posted on March 13, 2013 at 11:29 am
  10. The best way to control acbe UNDER makeup is to use the Citrus Clear Grapefruit Spot Treatment – it works GREAT under makeup. This is a great product for layering under other products. Not only does the ph make the 2% salicylic acid effective (and it is a pore clearing agent and is great for sensitive skin) but it contains green tea. The gel formulation means that it can be spread easily – I don’t like liquid formulations. And the price is right!

Posted on April 23, 2013 at 9:11 pm
  11. thanks for this Very interesting article. Thank you for sharing.

Posted on August 1, 2013 at 8:27 pm
  12. This looks like a great set of cosmetics for acne prone sensitive skin. I keep searching for products like this. Thank you so much for sharing these.

Posted on December 22, 2014 at 1:59 pm
  13. I have dark red scars/acne. Would vapour products, step 1 and 2, be enough to cover? Does jane iredale bb cream cover good on its own, or do you use primer with that as well? And have you tried any lower ewg rated eyeliners and mascaras with sucess? (Ive tried mychelle foundation, 100 percent pure eyeliner, 100 percent pure foundation, afterglow concealer, maias mineral galaxy eyeliner to no avail) Plz help asap, im pulling my maybelline dream foundation, and loreal liquid eyeliner back out :/

Posted on February 19, 2015 at 8:34 am
    1. Yes Jane Iredale bb cream does good on it’s own without primer. After I would put it on, I then do the rest of my makeup. I have still yet to find a good mascara.

Posted on February 19, 2015 at 9:04 am
      1. do primers make a difference, and what did you mean by the base layers? did u add more to your face after applying those base layers? trying to pick btw vapour beauty and jane iredale

Posted on February 22, 2015 at 4:20 pm
        1. To be honest we haven’t noticed primers helping or hurting our skin, so that is personally preference. We prefer jane iredale for our skin.

Posted on February 23, 2015 at 9:37 am
  14. have you tried vapour eyeliner? considering that one.. as far as mascara, im using a lash curler along with earths beauty mascara. my lashes are gettimg longer with it, naturally, and the only dislike i have is that it doesnt curl them as well as id like.

Posted on February 24, 2015 at 11:29 am
    1. no we haven’t tried that, we have jane iredale eyeliner and like it.

Posted on February 24, 2015 at 11:39 am
  15. Do uk how to get the jane iredale bb cream cheaper?

Posted on March 8, 2015 at 12:43 pm
    1. Sorry we do not

Posted on March 8, 2015 at 2:23 pm
  16. I purchased jane iredale bb cream, and I LOVE it! One question though- is there a way to keep it from becoming oily on the skin? I dont like loose powder due to inhilation risks so any advice would be appreciated! Also, did ypu find a concealer you liked yet?

Posted on May 11, 2015 at 11:39 am