makeup for acne prone skin

what-makeup-to-use-acne-skin-purelytwins

We wanted to gather a list of the current makeups we are using and loving.

We bought ALL these products with our own money! These are just our personal thoughts about makeups we like. These makeups have worked well on our acne prone and sensitive skin. Hopefully you can give some a try and get great results too!

Make sure to check out some of our other makeup  reviews  and oil pulling ideas to help clear up acne.

A list of the best makeups we use to help cover up our acne prone skin.

Our recommendations of really good brands and products from personal experience. We are not makeup artist but we do feel these products are worth trying.

eye-makeup

Eye make-up:

Urban Decay Naked eyeshadows

Laura Mercier mascara

Jane Iredale eye liner

And Tart eye makeup

base-makeup-jane-irdele

Final powders and loose powders we use:

Chanel’s Double Perfection Lumiere foundation powder

Jane Iredale mineral powder

Jane Iredale pressed powder

Final powder to set our makeup  we use bareescentuals mineral foundation and like their bronzers

powder makeup for acne prone skin

makeup-base-layers

Makeup used for the base layers:

base layer one- use  Vapour Organic Beauty Stratus Soft Focus

base layer two –  use Vapour Organic Beauty Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation

Find these two together make a really nice base and cover well.

first layer if need to cover-up redness in the skin – Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting

Good for sealing pores and giving a smooth finish Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer

For  even more coverage like to use:

Jane Iredale Full coverage mineral BB cream  —> love this stuff, really goes on nicely especially with their flocked sponge

Jane Iredale Absence Oil Control Primer  —> great for controlling oil and use with their fondation brush

Concealer:

trying out Vapour Organic Beauty Illusionist Concealer

and use Josie Maran Argan concealer - but not huge fans of it as we feel it rubs off really quickly throughout the day

So like we said in video we are trying to find a new good concealer that stays all day long.

base makeups for acne skin

Michelle uses these base layers:

Smashbox Photo Finish primer  -favorite one

Fusion Beauty Prime Results  acne primer

Tarte poreless primer - can see Michelle’s first thoughts about it here.

makeup for acne skin from purelytwins

There you have it friends.

A list of the makeups we are loving right now that works well with our acne prone skin.

We did a video going over more of the exact makeups and how we use them on our faces!

Have you heard of any of these products? Tried any of them? If so did you like them? What face products and brands you like and feel work well?

Have any great makeup tips or pointers? Do share.

A new makeup brand we just came across is Adorn Mineral - have you heard of it? We are thinking of maybe giving it a try.

Hopefully we covered everything here. Again any questions let us know.

till next time,

purelytwins

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

16 Responses to makeup for acne prone skin

1. Brandy says:

Have you heard of or tried the All Natural Face line? It’s completely natural and vegan mineral makeup. Doesn’t have any of the weird chemicals of Bare Minerals or the other mineral makeups.

I also have acne prone, combination, sensitive skin. I’ve come to a point where I use the oil cleansing method to wash my face (castor and grapeseed oil for me), and a little argon or sesame oil under my makeup. I still experience some breakouts, but when I’m fully on the green juice wagon all that seems to clear itself up.

2. Alison says:

You should try Aveda concealer! I love it! It works well and stays on all day. I’m an Esthetician so I know a little bit about makeup ;)

3. Karen says:

I have always had dark circles under my eyes and acne spots, and have tried just about every concealer I can get my hands on! By far my favorite is Christopher Drummond Beauty concealer-I have actually repurchased this one-a rare thing for me! I’d also recommend the entire Silk Naturals line. They are an online indie mineral cosmetics company with a great color range, reasonable prices and great integrity in choice and explanation of ingredients.

4. Jessica says:

For foundation, I am a big fan of Alima Pure’s Satin Matte Foundation:

I have extremely acne prone skin too and it’s the only thing I have found that doesn’t break me out. I think it has even fewer ingredients than Jane Iredale and BE. I highly recommend checking it out if you want to experiment! :)

5. Cammie says:

I like Mineral Fusion for a natural line. Laura Mercier concealer is amazing, but I didn’t really dig the ingredients. Although when my skin was really bad it was honestly a lifesaver. Thanks for sharing!

6. Meg says:

Dr. Hauschka makes an awesome concealer :)

7. I love Tarte’s primer! This was such a helpful post – thank you!
    Teri [a foodie stays fit] recently posted..The WeekenderMy Profile

8. I Love the fusion beauty primer!!! Right now….I am not natural with my make up :/ I’m loving my Estee Lauder Double Wear! Great coverage and NO GREASE! LOL

I want to try more Jane Iredale…see if I like it now :)

xxoo

9. Katie says:

Hi pretty girls! first of all I love you! Secondly, I have a question about oil pulling!
    So I’ve been loving up but am a bit confused…tell me if this is right…
    I massage the mixture on my face with clean hands and make-up still on and everything. Then I place the hot washcloth on top to let the oil soak in. But here’s my question…so when I pull the cloth away I see my make-up on the washcloth, if it’s a light colored cloth. That’s where I’m confused, is the make-up soaking into my pores as well with the hot towel or is it just removing it? Should I wash my face prior or remove the make-up in some way first? use witch hazel like I do in the mornings? Really loving this evening routine & I think my skin is too, just want to make sure I’m doing it right! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing routine with me! I love you guys!
    love,
    katie

10. Linda Francis says:

The best way to control acbe UNDER makeup is to use the Citrus Clear Grapefruit Spot Treatment – it works GREAT under makeup. This is a great product for layering under other products. Not only does the ph make the 2% salicylic acid effective (and it is a pore clearing agent and is great for sensitive skin) but it contains green tea. The gel formulation means that it can be spread easily – I don’t like liquid formulations. And the price is right!

11. david says:

thanks for this Very interesting article. Thank you for sharing.