We have mentioned several different health articles discussing all the different “health problems” out there, so where do you begin? As it can be confusing and overwhelming if you are new to it.
Here are just some of OUR ideas of where to start:
- Before you do anything we recommend just start paying attention more to your body now. Don’t change anything just notice how you feel after you eat fruit? after carbs? after a fatty meal? protein? Are you tired, angry, sad, happy, bloated, etc? Just start making notes.
- Then over a few days if you see a pattern then start investigating it further.
- Stay positive- very most important thing!
- It takes preparation and patience.
- Take baby steps. Do not feel like you have to do everything at the beginning. You can take it slow but slowing removing things from your diet.
- Reflect daily and weekly on your health progress.
- Have a good plan. Research. Again stay positive!
Trust us if we did it you can too! (even though we are not 100% healed yet we feel we are on the right path)
Other things to consider:
- If you do not have a fructose problems then eating fruit is great.
- If you do not like fermented foods then you do not have to eat them.
- If you notice you have bad gut issues then you probably need more fat. Fat from animals and plants. (from our own personal experiences this has helped)
- If you have any kind of skin issues (like we did) then you might have issues with your gut and digestion.
- Just because someone else is eating it and having great benefits from it, doesn’t mean you will too.
Remember you are in control. Just listen to your body. Take it slow.
And remember this “diet” is only while you heal. Once digestion improves you can start to bring foods you avoided back in. We feel it really doesn’t matter what you start with, just pick something. Try it for a few days (eat it alone if you can) and then evaluate how you feel. Wait a 2-3 days before trying something else.
Our thoughts and tips if you want to stay vegan to heal your gut. Do we believe you can heal? Yes for some people! We know people who are thriving on vegan foods. It is all about personal choice and lifestyle. Just because someone is vegan does not mean they are better than someone who eats meat and vice versa! We all need to respect one another. Honestly you can do it. But we feel it will require probably more planning and experimenting. And you will not be able to take so many vegan friendly foods out at the start. Just start with one group – maybe it is the legume family. Take a few weeks off from those and see how you do. And repeat for other foods till you feel you are finding your culprit foods. Remember it may take awhile to figure it out.
Hopefully these starting tips and ideas can help you in some way to start your health healing journey.
We are here to help and support you along the way! Remember you are not alone and your health is worth it!
Twins Question: Do you have a good starting idea or tip for someone just starting their health journey? What have you figured out to be most beneficial in your journey to better health?
till next time,