how to make homemade pink beet marshmallows

How to make low sugar homemade beet marshmallows. A fun Valentines treat.
how-to-make-pink-marshmallow-purelytwins

Here is the marshmallow recipe so many of you have been waiting for!

Just in time for Valentine’s day too!!

How to make a homemade pink marshmallow from beets!

To your surprise the recipe only contains four ingredients (we don’t count water!) and were so easy to make –> thanks to our Kitchen Aid mixer.

We have a few more flavor ideas running through our heads that we can’t wait to make and share. Just like our carob coffee marshmallows these are super tasty and addictive, in a good way of course. And by using grass-fed beef based gelatin in them makes them super easy to make and enjoy daily.

beet-marshmallow-whole

These marshmallows are super easy to make and last awhile in the fridge. Making them a great and healthy grab-n-go ‘gut’ friendly snack. We really enjoy eating our gelatin rich marshmallows as a snack for helping with our gut.

And these pink marshmallows are so pretty too! You are going to love this recipe. Promise!

These are sweet, fluffy, chewy, homemade marshmallows with burst of pink to them. It is pure decadence.

Homemade low sugar beet marshmallows made with stevia.

marshmallows-made-from-gelatin

You all know we adore our beets.

They are perfect for making foods red or pink colored.

And making these pink marshmallows are perfect for giving to a loved one this Valentine season. You could even use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to make them heart shaped marshmallows to really impress your loved one.

valentine-marshmallows

We practiced this recipe twice just to make sure it was what wanted.

These marshmallows went way passed our expectations. They are light, spongy, and perfectly sweet. Eating them kinda brings the kid out in us.

Did you like marshmallows growing up?

Homemade marshmallows taste sooooo much better than any store bought!  We could not stay away from these pink beet marshmallows.

Now most marshmallow recipes you probably have seen them use corn syrup and/or egg whites along with a few other ingredients making them complicated in our eyes.  Marshmallows do not need to be complicated folks! We have seen some recipes use honey which we like that idea, but today we used maple syrup as our sweetener of choice.

homemade-beet-pink-marshmallows-purelytwins

Who knew making homemade marshmallows could be so easy and FUN! Yes FUN!  You will have fun making them. Once you get the hang of making homemade marshmallows you will be whipping them up all the time.

We know ready that the 10 minute beating time might seem like a daunting task, but it really isn’t as time-consuming as it seems. And they are worth the wait!

This is the gelatin we use. (no affiliation)

Pair these beet marshmallows with sugar-free low calorie chocolate marshmallows.

Homemade pink beet marshmallows (no sugar, paleo, gluten-free)

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Yield: serves 1 - 2

Homemade pink beet marshmallows (no sugar, paleo, gluten-free)

Homemade pink marshmallows made from beet juice and sweetened with stevia. A fun Valentines day treat! Gluten-free. Low sugar. Paleo. Gut friendly.

Ingredients

• 2/3 cup beet juice (juice from one large beet)
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons gelatin powder (grass-fed beef gelatin would be best)
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions

1. First you will need to juice your beet. If your beet juice does not make 2/3 cup just top it off with water. Pour into a large bowl.
  2. Place the gelatin into the bowl of a stand mixer along with your beet juice.
  3. Mix together. Let sit for 8-10 minutes. Have the whisk attachment standing by.
  4. Next step you can do in a small saucepan over medium high heat or heat up the water in the microwave. Basically you are looking for just about boiling water.
  5. Once you decide what way you are heating up your remaining 1/3 cup water and 1/3 cup maple syrup, begin to heat the mixture.
  6. Once the mixture reaches just about boil temperature immediately remove from the heat.
  7. Turn the mixer on low speed and, while running, slowly pour the maple water down the side of the bowl into the gelatin mixture.
  8. Once you have added all of the syrup, add in vanilla extract and increase the speed to medium-high. Beat at medium-high for 1-2 minutes than increase speed to high.
  9. Continue to whip until the mixture becomes slightly thick, approximately 10 to 13 minutes.
  10. While the mixture is whipping prepare the pans as follows.
  11. We used a 6 inch circle pan. You can use anything you like.
  12. Lightly grease your pan with some coconut oil.
  13. You could put done wax paper instead if you wanted.
  14. Once your marshmallow mixture is starting to look like it has some body to it (thick like marshmallow creme), pour the mixture into the prepared pan, using a spatula for spreading.
  15. Allow the marshmallows to sit uncovered for at least 4-5 hours.
  16. Once marshmallows have set for a few hours you can start to cut into desired shapes using a sharp knife.
  17. Store in an airtight container. We stored ours in refrigerator.

Now go off and make these deliciously fluffy pink marshmallows!

Making homemade marshmallows are something to brag about. Go ahead. We recommend it.

NEW blog signature-01

Opt In Image
Subscribe for free Updates + Purely Fit Life Tips

Each week you'll receive the latest happenings: free workouts, recipes plus tutorial videos, tips on how to create a life of motivation, health, and beauty, and more. You may read new posts at your own convenience. Welcome to the PT family!

You will receive a welcome pack after signing up with our 4 life tips,
4 healthy recipes and a killer cardio core workout.

18 minute jump rope strength training cardio workout. We have a lot of fun amazing things going on in today post. One being we have a new home workout for  you plus reviewing Fabletics workout clothes. More on the clothes below. When you combine jump rope and free weights, you get one heart pumping cardio…

Read More »

Comments

1. Meghana says

I just did your 12 minute plank workout. It kicked my butt! I had to modify and take breaks but I’ll keep working on building my plank strength!

Thanks it was awesome :)

2. says

I just stumbled across your blog- It’s absolutely gorgeous. I can’t wait to try some of your beautifully photographed recipes! These marshmallows look fabulous, I have a particular weak spot for anything pink! Quick question: Do you juice the beats raw and peeled?

Thanks,
    Natasha

3. chris says

So pretty looking!
    Can you use a hand held mixer? I do not have a stand mixer? Or do you suggest a food processor?
    What is the purpose of the maple syrup rather than stevia? Is the gooey texture important?
    Thanks!!!! Now I have to go make these….

• purelytwins says

Chris yes a hand held mixer would be best to use!
      Maple syrup does help with providing a really nice marshmallow spongy texture and nice flavor. Our stevia based ones will be shared on Friday.

4. Kyra says

Yay! So pretty. :) I don’t have a kitchen aid mixer… Can a vitamix work and if so, what speed do u recommend?

I’mssurprised they don’t need to be put in the fridge in order to set! Jello does

I’m trying to go sugar free bc of candida…. Do u know how much sugar there might be in this recipe? How do they taste without the maple syrup?

Some flavoring ideas:
    Blackstrap molasses
    Vanilla flavoring (it is nonalcoholic)
    Green marshmallows by using chloroxygen drops (chlorophyll boost!…. Great for St party’s day!)
    Carrot juice
    Blended berries
    Pom juice
    Cinnamon mallows
    So many options!

Is great Lakes gelatin only available online?

U gals rock’!!!!

• purelytwins says

Not sure where else Great Lakes gelatin is sold, right now we only know about online.
      Not sure if a Vita-mix would work, do you have regular hand beaters? You could use those.
      Not sure how they would taste with the maple syrup.
      Our stevia based marshmallows recipe will be up on Friday, sorry for the delay!
      ANd all those flavoring ideas so great!!!!! love

5. Ozlem says

IS your gelatin in an orange bottle or the green bottle? I dont even know what the difference is but there are two different kinds it seems. thanks.

6. Ozlem says

Sorry to bother you again.. So they sell this gelatin on amazon. But I am still confused about the one you use in this recipe. Is yours the porcine gelatin? So it is not Kosher or beef? I remember seeing a post about the one you have and I searched on your website but could not find it. Thanks so much for your answer!

• purelytwins says

Kathy, we did a mix of vegan and non-vegan foods. We tried looking up how to make these vegan by using agar agar but did not have much luck.

7. Kathy says

Thanks! Only asked because I had approved for FindingVegan and received a few comments.

Love you girls!!! Keep up beautiful work! :)

• purelytwins says

No worries, I think I accidentally submitted the wrong recipe by accident, we made a raw vegan beet fudge that I wanted to submit and think I did these marshmallows instead since they are both red and made with beets, I think I grabbed the wrong picture. Sorry about that.

• purelytwins says

Sorry Andrea not sure why it did not work with agave. If you need help with the recipe we need more information on what you did.

8. says

So the taste was delicious, but the texture was off. The method of making these varied greatly from the honey marshmallows I make, where it must be brought to 240 degrees. I wasn’t sure if they are supposed to be or if maybe I whipped them too long and would love your insight. Also, they were very hard to put in the pan as they were not spreading; it was a big springy mass that was not formable.

I absolutely love the flavour, though, and don’t mind if the texture is supposed to be different, I just thought I’d ask.

I found your site while thinking that beet marshmallows would be good (I too love beets, if only for their beautiful colour) and googling it. I am excited to try many more of your recipes, thank you for your great site!

• purelytwins says

Yes the texture is different for many reasons – less sugar and the beets in them. You might of beated them too long which is why they were hard to spread. Glad you are enjoying our recipes.

9. Cristina says

These look so good! I really want to make them, but i want to use stevia. I noticed that you have a vanilla marshmallow recipe using stevia, but how much stevia would i need to use in place of the maple syrup for this particular recipe?

10. Romy B says

I’ve tried 3 different recipes for the marshmallow and none of them worked with me. No idea what I’m doing wrong. I’ve tried gelatine, gelatine leaves, agar agar and I’m done with the marshmallows.

11. Holly says

Were mine kind of sticky and hard to cut because I only let the juice and gelatin sit for 4 mins on accident? Or maybe because I waited 14 hrs to cut? Or maybe because I have fruit flies and didn’t want them to get into it so I let them sit in my pantry and maybe there wasn’t enough air or ability to dry out? I didn’t get nice clean lines like yours. I ended up with more blobs instead of any kind of shape. I tried using a really sharp knife, a plastic knife and a steak knife.

Trackbacks