Remember this  is our plan to heal our gut. Consult your doctor before beginning any program. Adjust to your own body and needs. We have done our own research and have come to these steps to help us in our journey to heal our stomach issues. Please do your own research before starting anything new. We are not really sure how long we plan to do this program. And over time we might be changing things depending on how our bodies are doing. We plan to share just about everything as we heal, so we apologize now if some things are TMI. We want to be honest as we are using our blog as our journal.

Let us know if you make our broccoli breadsticks!  So happy everyone is enjoying that recipe as well as our no sugar gelatin mini cake. We were so pleased with the results of both recipes.  And both of us went to bed craving that mini gelatin cake when we woke up!

purelyfitness-logo

wednesday-workout

Did the tone it up new love your arms routine for the their Love your Body Valentine challenge. Loved this arm workout. Used 8lb weights as that is the heaviest I have at the house. I keep meaning to go get heavier weights but forget! The 8lb weights were still a great arm challenge! Grrrr … feel those arms growing 🙂  I admit my arms are my favorite body part, since they are the ‘easiest’ body part for me to get toned.

workout

I am slowly getting toned arms like Lori 🙂

cuteline3-01

eats-logo

Michelle’s day 27 of healing recap:

I took my morning probiotic, 1/2 tsp fermented cod liver oil butter blend,  l-glutamine and marshmallows (fun way to get my gelatin)

egg white grain free pancake

Breakfast was something fun! Inspired from our single serving gelatin cake.

Egg white grain free pancake (single serving)

Recipe Type: breakfast
Author: Purelytwins
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 1
Purelytwins 4 ingredient grain-free pancake. Paleo. Grain free. Gluten free. Gelatin.
Ingredients
  • 2 egg whites  (save the yolks to use as the syrup)
  • 1 tbsp carob
  • 1 tsp gelatin
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
Instructions
  1. Whisk ingredients together and then pour into a hot skillet. Let cook well before trying to flip. Once cooked enjoy the yolks as your syrup.

kale egg pancake

I enjoyed my egg white grain free waffle on top of cooked swiss chard!  And egg yolks make for the best syrup 🙂

paleo lunch

Lunch was  lamb meatballs and 7 oz worth of cooked cabbage and turnips (I took one whole head of green cabbage, sliced it up with 3 sliced turnips and cooked in a little coconut oil).

I drizzled my simple lunch with 1 tbsp olive oil.

broth copy

Later in the day I enjoyed my cup of bone broth, this time Lori and I decided to add 1 tbsp coconut oil –> totally made it taste better!

dandy tea

Minnie and I had a date 😉

I was running into some technology problems, therefore was stressing a lot so enjoyed a cup of dandy tea to help relax me.

Once I calmed down I made me some juice!

juice

I did add in another carrot to help make the juice bigger – I think I got around 20 oz worth.

fish dinner

Parents took me out to eat last night!  I enjoyed steamed broccoli and grilled mahi. Simple yet satisfying. (I did take my pre-dinner pills of digestive enzyme, l-glutamine, quercetin and  licorice)

soaked cashews

Dessert was a bowl of cashews. I soaked 1/4 cup cashews before heading out to dinner, then rinsed them when I got back.

Love love love cashews, sure hope my body does too!

The reason Lori and I picked cashews to bring back into our diet first is because it is low on the salicylate list.  Plus, we also felt we did fine with eating them in the past, and we wanted more food to help get us more calories!!!  Eating less carbs is starting to show, so we are hoping with adding in more fats and protein will help give us calories for energy.  For those who are wondering more about our eats check out  here and here.

gelatin coconut oil gel

Before bed I enjoyed gelatin coconut oil mush! I know looks weird but I really do enjoy it. And I took my probiotic and finally remembered to rub magnesium oil on my legs.

Michelle: Day 27 recap –

Bathroom: success, much like yesterday

Energy: alright

Gas:  nothing

Skin: good

Water intake –about 9 cups (does not include juice)

Lori’s day 27 healing recap:

I took my morning probiotic, 1 tsp fermented cod liver oil, and l-glutamine and ate my marshmallows for my gelatin.

eating-marshmallow

Enjoyed two carob marshmallows. SO good. Need to make more.

kale-egg-cake

First meal of the day was something fun and soooo good. Like I mentioned earlier, I was craving our mini gelatin cake (made the cake with egg whites and enjoyed the egg yolks raw over kale).

coffee-talk

Enjoyed sisterly coffee talk 🙂

vizsla-kong

While I enjoyed my coffee talk Jax enjoyed his peanut butter filled kong.

vizsla-kong-pb

Kept him busy for a little bit. He loves his kong.

shrimp-ghee

Next I enjoyed some pulp veggie crackers with a plate of deliciousness. I enjoyed about 5oz shrimp (weight was when it was frozen) sauteed in 1 tsp ghee in a skillet with turnips and green cabbage. Topped with one more 1 tsp ghee. YUM.

carob-marshmallow

Later enjoyed another carob marshmallow.

jucing

Mid-afternoon snack was juice.

final-juice

Juice was a simple carrot, swiss chard & cucumber juice.

Also enjoyed 2 cups bone broth with 1 tbsp coconut oil in it, which really helped with the flavor!

Before dinner I took my pre-dinner pills of digestive enzyme, l-glutamine, quercetin and  licorice.

sardines-dinner

Dinner was handful of butter lettuce, some sauteed zucchini, lots of parsnips fries and a half can salmon and half can sardines in water. Topped with sea salt and olive oil. I am really starting to like the flavor of sardines. Still not gaga over it, but learning to really like it. My body seems to be liking them as well.

stevia-marshmallows

After dinner enjoyed some stevia based marshmallow.

soakedcashews

And dessert was 1/4 cup soaked (and rinsed) raw cashews.

Experimenting with bringing in cashews first back into our diet. As it is one nut we love and never felt like we had issues with. And after eating them I did not notice anything. I will continue to pay attention to the consumption of cashews.

Took probiotic before bed and did put magnesium oil on body.

Lori: Day 27 recap –

Bathroom: yes, good bowel movement in morning

Energy: pretty good, got tired in the evening

Gas:  none until late night,  no bloating

Skin: still dealing with a few pimples on chin that are slowly getting smaller, besides that nothing new

Water intake –about 9 cups (does not include juice)

Twins Question: Anyone have superbowl plans this weekend? What is your favorite green to juice? Ever try swiss chard in your juice?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

17 thoughts on “Adding a new food back into diet plus pancake recipe – day 27

1. Why do you soak the cashews?

Posted on January 31, 2013 at 11:57 am
    1. Lindsay we always soak out nuts, easier to digest. Just google benefits of soaked nuts if you want more info.

Posted on January 31, 2013 at 12:28 pm
  2. What did u mean by “eating less carbs is starting to show?”

The pancake looks soooo gooooood! I love ur creativity and can’t wait to try the marshmallows, broc bread sticks, pulp crackers, pancakes, waffles, juices, etc

Can I make a request and ask that all these gut healing recipes be put onto one page, separated under headings for bf, lunch, dinner, snacks and such, as well as helpful/healing foods and supps? It would make it uch easier to navigate all of this!

Thanks.!!!!

Posted on January 31, 2013 at 12:46 pm
    1. Thanks Stacy 🙂 we will work on that healing recipes page, great idea thanks!
      and for the carb thing – it is hard to really explain. it is just a feeling we had yesterday – kinda felt low energy late in the day. we think we it was just from low calories. overall we feel our bodies are doing good with low carb in terms of fruit and sweet potatoes, but we still plan on eating higher carbs days a once or twice a week as we still believe in them. we will just have to wait and see how our bodies do when we do eat fruit or sweet potato/squash food again, do we notice any reaction from our bodies. still experimenting with it all. trying really hard to listen to our bodies but also enjoy life in a way 😉 hope that answers your question. xoxo

Posted on January 31, 2013 at 2:25 pm
      1. Awesome… The healing recipe page would be so great….. And I think I also forsee another book in ur future (hint hint) m. U gals gained so much knowledge over the years…. U must put all of this into a hardcopy book. Like have healing recipes, ur dietary blog with side notes of how u felt and changes u thought to make and /or challenges, supplements, rationales, etc. There are so many books out there, but many authors haven’t actually experiencedwhat they are preaching .. U gals on the other hand, have tried it all and can comment of all the various methods and ways of restoring health (and also the things that hinder it)

Yes, it is a hard balance b/n too low and too high carb/fat. Do u feel ur body runs better as a fat burning (fat adapated) metabolism or a carb bring metabolism? Perhaps it might help to start tracking ur macros to give more insight as to what breakdown of carbs vs fats vs pro u feel best on. It might take away some of the guess work. Same goes with cals. Any time u make a big diet change, it’s a good idea to keep an on eye on calas

Posted on January 31, 2013 at 3:56 pm
        1. (sorry, that sent too soon before I got to funish) l

It’s a good idea to track cals and macros during a big diet overhaul to make sure u are getting enough or not too much…. As well as it being a good way to compare and gather more insight.

Hugs!

Posted on January 31, 2013 at 3:58 pm
          1. Oh, I have one more request lol…

Can u do a post on ur weekly grocery list…. What u buy, where u buy it, general cost, how often u need to shop and how this compares to ur previous diets (more expensive? More inconvenient etc)? Same goes with supplements. This would be an incredibly helpful post! Perhaps that can also be a chapter in ur new book haha 🙂

Xoxo

Posted on January 31, 2013 at 4:05 pm
  3. Glad you girls are enjoying your soaked cashews (I had soaked GF oats this morning) – thanks for sharing the carob marshmallow recipe will have to try that. Maybe you girls can use the bone broth and a scoop of gelatin in a homemade soup or stew – another sneaky way to get it in.- Chelsea

Posted on January 31, 2013 at 1:17 pm
  4. Just an fyi, this post was not filed under ur gut healing category, it was filed under food. Just wanted to make u aware so that a day wasn’t skipped in ur log

Posted on January 31, 2013 at 2:25 pm
    1. Thank you Stacy, we fixed it!

Posted on January 31, 2013 at 2:41 pm
  5. Bone broth pro tip: turmeric, ground black pepper, and pacific wakame. I eat it for breakfast every chance I get.

Posted on January 31, 2013 at 7:13 pm
    1. Thanks Kaila!

Posted on January 31, 2013 at 8:57 pm
      1. No prob. Hope that helps with getting used to the taste…it’s honestly one of my favorite foods. I discovered it right as I transitioned away from veganism, and I’m so thankful that I did…

Posted on January 31, 2013 at 9:42 pm
  6. I made the broccoli breadsticks last night. Used ground chia ‘eggs’, and used rosemary because i didnt have basil. I ended up leaving them in the oven twice as long, and they still seemed a bit udercooked… but still really tasty. Im going to try again this weekend and put them in the dehydrator. Thanks again for sharing the recipe!!

Posted on February 1, 2013 at 5:34 pm
    1. dehydrator great idea Carrie, and for baking the broccoli crust, you could try adding in some baking powder to help lift the crust since the eggs can help with that, we forgot to mention that with making it vegan might need some leavening in there too.

Posted on February 1, 2013 at 7:13 pm
  7. Hi, I am new to using gelatin, and I am trying it in a recipe for the first time, so I apologize if this seems like a silly question:
    I my recipe calls for 1 1/2 tsp gelatin, Does that mean 1 1/2 tsp powder, or mixed with water? (Specifically, I am making this recipe here http://empoweredsustenance.com/grain-free-butternut-flatbread/) I found your website through this first one, and you seem to “know your stuff,” so I am asking you!
    Thanks for all the recipes and I hope you can help!

Posted on April 14, 2014 at 5:57 pm
    1. Hello Michele we would assume that recipe is using powder gelatin. Hope this helps 😉

Posted on April 14, 2014 at 6:51 pm