Just when we thought our last peppermint dessert was a HUGE success!
If you are a peppermint candy fan these bars are for YOU!
Peppermint candy cane protein grain-free bars.
Do we have you drooling yet?
Seriously we’ve been eating these peppermint candy bars for over a week now, and we keep on making more!
Good news is that Gary and our whole family loved these bars. Bad news is that they all loved these bars. But again it is the season for sharing.
One word = AMAZING
Maybe 3 words – BEST DESSERT EVER!
How about OUR favorite dessert to date.
We are super excited to share the recipe with you!!! Can you tell?
Now when you see the words protein bars, sweet chocolate moist bars probably do not come to mind? These are not your average sit on the store shelves protein bars. Nope. They are not even in the same category. These could be called protein brownies if you prefer. Name doesn’t really matter as these protein bars are pretty darn tasty! We think you will agree.
The peppermint candies on top make these protein bars complete! They add that touch of perfection that take these bars from 100% to 110% satisfaction.
Slices of pure heaven right there? Trust us.
Everything we (and we think you) would want in a baked protein “brownie” bar. Homemade. Dense. Sweet. Creamy coconut butter frosting. Freshly baked. Full of protein. Full of healthy fats (we are not afraid of our fats).
DELICIOUS. Ooey-gooey-fudgy peppermint delicious. Perfect chewiness that leaves you lingering for more. So soft and rich too.
We are all about eating ‘sweets’ in moderation, but to be honest that is hard for us to do. We like our sweets too much. That is why we are always trying to create ones that keep us feeling and looking good
These bars can be eaten for dessert or as a snack mid day. (Or perhaps even breakfast!). We are not ashamed to admit we have enjoyed some with our morning coffee this past week.
- Brownie Protein Bars:
- 1 cup hemp protein powder (4 oz)
- ½ cup cacao powder (2 oz)
- ¼ cup arrowroot (1 oz)
- ¼ cup coconut flour (1 oz)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg or 1 flax gel (1½ tbsp flax gel with 3 tbsp water, let sit to make gel)
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- ½ cup applesauce (4 oz)
- ½ cup coconut nectar ( 6oz)
- ½ cup hot water
- Coconut Frosting:
- ½ cup coconut butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Candy Canes crushed for topping
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix together, end with adding hot water. Batter will be thick runny. Spread protein bar batter into a lightly coconut oil greased 11×7 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- As bars cool, make up frosting. Then spread onto brownie protein bars and top with crushed candy canes.
- Cut into 16-18 slices. Store in refrigerator if you have left overs.
We personally think they taste best cold from the refrigerator. Maybe that is just us, haha But the longer the flavors sit together the more perfect every bite is as it melts in your mouth.
Peppermint. Protein. Chocolate. Coconut butter. Candy canes. Need we say more?
Now go make yourself some of these chocolatly rich protein bars. If you do feel like baking or maybe not huge chocolate fan, you would love our peppermint cashew cream cake!