Hello friends,

We have received a lot of questions to show how we make a  warm salad. It is something we enjoy from time to time. We find our digestion does better with cooked salads instead of raw salads.

How we make warm salads to help with digestion

how to make warm salads

We enjoy a variety of warm salads, but today Lori showed in the video making a basic one with kale, zucchini, asparagus, nutritional yeast, dulse flakes, hemp seeds, and sauerkraut. We normally cook up 2 eggs with this warm salad to make it more filling for our lunch, but sometimes we make these warm salads as a healthy snack during the day! And of course usually top off with coconut oil which we forgot to mention in the video.

warm salad

There you have it friends a quick way of making what we call WARM SALADS. We hope you enjoyed seeing how we do it. Again it varies on what we have in our warm salads.

Does anyone else do something similar?

cuteline3-01

tues dec 18 shoutouts

We love our little #purelytwins community!! You all bring a smile to our face 🙂

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

10 thoughts on “How to make a warm salad to help with digestion

1. Great recipe! I’d def add the eggs for some protein because I know myself I’d get hungry within an hour. 🙂

Posted on December 18, 2012 at 10:20 am
    1. Thank you! We do usually add in 2 eggs it our salads and sometimes winter squashes like butternut or acorn, so good!

Posted on December 18, 2012 at 3:22 pm
  2. I love to make warm salads for dinner, and usually simpler is better. Lately I’ve been using a combination of kale and collard greens as the base, and I usually top with roasted kabocha squash, cauliflower, and broccoli, and a maple mustard dressing. So delicious! Your salad reminded me that I have a big bag of hemp seeds I need to start using more!

Posted on December 18, 2012 at 12:51 pm
    1. Jodye that sounds yummy!!

Posted on December 18, 2012 at 3:22 pm
  3. Where do you find your kale pre-shredded and off the stalk like what you used in the video?

Posted on December 18, 2012 at 4:56 pm
    1. From Trader Joe’s, it comes in a bag. If I go to a different store it is whole stalks of kale, which I would just rip off stalk and rip into pieces.

Posted on December 18, 2012 at 10:12 pm
  4. We were on the same wave length today – I had a warm spinach salad for lunch! Great way to keep getting veggies in even though it’s cold outside.

Posted on December 18, 2012 at 11:10 pm
  5. I’m so glad you shared this idea as I would never have thought to heat the salad leaves in a skillet. I’m definitely going to try romaine in a warm salad tomorrow 🙂

Posted on December 21, 2012 at 7:15 pm