12 minute full body plank workout

Happy Monday friends! Sorry for our late post today (been having internet failures, anyone else?)

Well, after a few days of taking it easy and enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday we are both ready to get back into our normal routine. And what better way to get back on track than through holding plank?!? Especially #plankworkouts :) Who is with us?

Today we have a video and pictures showing the exercises for our newest #plankworkout. It is a 12 minute interval full body plank workout that is great to do a few times a week or for those that are advanced we feel it is a great warm-up.

Have your gymboss timer set for 12 rounds of 10 second and 50 second intervals. You will get to rest for 10 seconds and work hard for each exercise for 50 seconds. Remember to do this at your own pace and take breaks when needed. And consult your doctor before doing any major health or fitness related changes or exercises.

Remember if you do the workout please use the hashtags #plankworkout #purelytwins

And tag us on instagram – @purelytwins

plank-12-minute-FULLbody-workout (click for printable PDF)

Great full body workout that is perfect as a quick workout or as a warm-up! If new to planking, remember go at your own pace and consult with your doctor before staring any new program.

For other plank workout  ideas check out our:

easy plank workout to start off if new to planks

8 minute plank workout

plank and bridge workout

advanced 5 minute plank workout with pulls-ups and push-ups

our first 5 minute plank workout

What can we say we love our planks!

Remember to grab our plank button on our sidebar to help share and support plank love!

Twins Question: What is your favorite plank exercise?  Are you liking our plank workouts? Is there anything you would like to see from us in terms of workouts? Any questions let us know!

till next time,

purelytwins

PS. If you want to  more great real time full length workouts. Workouts that won’t take hours out of your busy day yet will give you amazing results. Join our online training club to start your fitness journey.

30 Responses to 12 minute full body plank workout

1. Wowza that looks like an ab – and butt! – killer. Love it!
    Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..Protein Chocolate Banana Bread (with pumpkin!)My Profile

2. Looking forward to giving this try! I’m recovering from a spinal injury so these kind of core-focused workouts are IDEAL for me. :)
    Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie recently posted..Links You’ll LoveMy Profile

3. Coco says:

Great workout girls! looking forward to giving it a try!
    Coco recently posted..Vitalicious Vitatops- A ReviewMy Profile

4. Candice says:

I can’t wait to try this this week! Thanks!

5. You guys and the plank workouts keep getting better and better. This one looks killer!
    Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..A Sisterly TraditionMy Profile

6. Miz says:

Im in!!!
    Ive got about 15 minutes for me and my workout today….
    This nails it.
    Miz recently posted..Not all VAMPIRES vanish with Halloween.My Profile

7. While I DO love all plank exercises, I have to say that I love side-plank with a twist at the END of a workout. Feels great to stretch out while also working my muscles.

8. Krista says:

Thank you, this is a great plank workout. I love using the gliding discs to add variation to my plank workouts. Knee tucks, mountain climbers, plank jacks, plank to pike, etc. It is amazing how planking becomes a total body workout :-)

9. Another great workout, ladies! Love the side plank leg lift!

10. Hannah R. says:

Woke up a little late this morning so I didn’t have a lot of time for a workout! I tried this out along with a short cardio circuit. I loved it:) Very challenging and effective! Thanks girls.

11. Just finished the 12 min. plank workout! It was a fabulous warm-up, so thanks for sharing. I loved how you reminded me to smile…it made me giggle during my plank :)

12. Veronica says:

LOVED this workout! I really appreciate the fact that you didn’t cut anything out- you did it in entirety with us! :) Will be coming back for more! …now if only I could master the socca recipe… ;)

13. Jenna W says:

Where is your I heart 13.1 shirt from!? I love it!! And have been looking for something similar forever!

14. lulu PINELO says:

this workout is x4 ?

or as many as you can… up to 8rounds?

thanks! excelent want to try it!;)

15. Harmony says:

I love this and excited to have discovered your blog. Just got a tabata timer but have yet to figure it out. Hope to use it for this awesome plank workout. thanks!

16. Colleen says:

Killer!!! Did this for the first time today, and I was shaking and sweating the whole time. You ladies are beasts!

17. LiLy713 says:

Finished off my workout with this today…so killer! My whole body is exhausted. Thanks!

18. […] I was a little late to the Insanity game. I wish I had found them sooner! The Insanity workout videos were first released in 2009 and have had tremendous success since. You do have to pay for them but they come with many workout videos (40-60mins long), a workout schedule and a nutrition plan. All the videos are bodyweight based and seriously get your heart-rate up. Some of them make sure you can’t walk for the next 3 days and others are a little more relaxed (i.e. cardio recovery) but even still leave you feeling stronger. Shaun T is also incredibly motivating and seeing a bunch of really fit people with no shirts on definitely helps too….A worthy investment in my opinion!Purely Twins Plank Workouts […]