I will admit I am not the best with “feelings”

I tend to be that person who holds stuff in….although I have my moments of lashing out too. Actually after writing that out and reading it over made me realize – I do not know how to handle my emotions well.  I am usually the person to hold things in. It’s who I am, who I have always been. But by having a blog has really helped me learn overtime to understand my feelings and have a way of letting some of my emotions out.

My girl, Heather, I know is a fan of Gabrielle Bernstein, which I am too. I was watching one of her videos the other day (video below) and felt it was a good one to talk about here.

I love her 3 steps to handle your feelings; one being praying first when something goes wrong. Bring positivity to the situation will help set the tone and hopefully makes talking about feelings better.  Sounds easy , right?

#findingME is not only about looking inside me, but also how I react to the outside world. How I react to emotions. How I forgive.

Looking back at my life thus far, I do see a pattern in my behaviors. In the past I was horrible at expressing my feelings.  I got really good at covering up how I was feeling. I had a hard time actually forgiving people, even though I would tell them, “I am fine” or “we are fine.”

Anyone else use those classic words?

I do feel as I get older and meet new inspiring people, I have learned to forgive more quickly. I am slowing learning to say what it is that I am feeling.

I came across this interesting article – 10 reasons you cannot say how you feel

Funny how I can say YES to some of those reasons.  Number 6 being a big one.

I will work on my emotions. I will learn to understand and express my feelings. I will forgive. I will break my habit of holding things in. I will pray before speaking. I will listen to what I am feeling and not let others change me.

Your turn…fill in the black

I will__________.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

12 thoughts on “I got a feeling….

1. I will not push down my feelings. I will pray. I will accept my feelings. I will handle my feelings. I will talk about my feelings!
    Thank you for another amazing post! I look forward to your Sunday posts every week!

Posted on November 11, 2012 at 9:27 am
  2. this is a great post sis! you know I struggle with sharing my emotions and feelings as well. I think #6 and #8 -mind reading fit me well.
    I will remind myself that holding my feelings in will do no good for me or the other person involved. I will do a better job of realizing my feelings and knowing that it is ok to share them out loud.

Posted on November 11, 2012 at 9:40 am
  3. I will continue to allow spirit to guide my life’s decisions. 🙂

I LOVE YOU, GIRL! That video is so powerful, for sure. The mere fact that you are MAKING this commitment is an indication and guarantee that you are many steps closer to learning how to deal with your emotions in the best way for YOU. I’m sending you so much love.

P.S. – I’ll take your #jadorelavie post whenever you’re ready. Take your time!

Posted on November 11, 2012 at 11:37 am
    1. I have the post just about ready, so for the delay Heather 🙂

Posted on November 12, 2012 at 1:30 pm
  4. Ohhh how I can relate! I do the usual holding it all in, trying to convince myself everything is okay until the eventual boiling over of emotions. A lot of times I make excuses for people treating me poorly instead of confronting the problem directly (definitely the low self-esteem thing). Another problem is that my family is veryyy passive aggressive. Many times when I express myself, I am told that I don’t have the right to feel that way. Lots to think about…I’m trying to be more open and honest with myself and others…it’s definitely a slow journey. Thanks for sharing <3

Posted on November 11, 2012 at 12:36 pm
  5. I will get healthy and make peace with food.
    I will gain weight because anorexia is not healthy.
    I will not value myself for how skinny I am.
    I will not feel guilty if I do not get to workout one day.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT INSPIRATION!!!

Posted on November 11, 2012 at 7:58 pm
    1. thank you Morgan!!!

Posted on November 12, 2012 at 1:29 pm
  6. be patient and loving with those around me even when Im feeling frazzled at those around me because those around me be making me move….

Posted on November 12, 2012 at 5:31 am
  7. LOVE THIS. I will continue on my path of positivity, better confidence, and determination.

Posted on November 12, 2012 at 7:13 am
    1. thanks Liz!!

Posted on November 12, 2012 at 1:28 pm
  8. I’m really bad at sharing my (honest) feelings as well! I generally put on a smile, regardless of how I’m feeling. Most of the time, it’s fine, but I do need to learn how to be honest with myself about what I’m feeling!

Posted on November 12, 2012 at 8:14 am