Life sure is beautiful! Thanks Lori for the reminder. And cannot believe how big Jax is getting!

Well, my life these next few weeks are going to be crazy! I will be on the road working with Raw Threads. First up Savannah for the Rock and Roll race then onto Disney for Wine and Dine. Fun times! Anyone going to be at these races? Let me know!

I thought I would share some of my travel snacks that I am taking with me  to enjoy this week that I made on Sunday. For me and traveling, it is all about being prepared the best you can, so you can stay on track with your health and fitness goals.

Here is the food I made for my road trip goodies:

sweet potato cakes – I double the recipe and baked in a pie pan, and then once I got it out of pan into container I dropped hence all the crumbs. oops

protein muffins – made  2 but did them as smaller muffins instead of large ones.

mung bean socca – great protein option when traveling (I used sprouted mung beans)

Then all the chocolate stuff – one is tahini cocoa balls and the other is raw brownies.

Also got a green smoothie, which I enjoyed this morning, plus brought along a bag of apples.

My other bag was filled with nutrional yeast, hemp seeds, cocoa powder, ginger,  dulse, and lots of Perfect Fit Protein! Just few of my favorites to keep me happy while traveling.

I also picked up two new supplements to take with me. Hope I remember I have them, haha. I am not the best person at remembering to take my supplements of any kind.

Sea Buckthorn for my omegas., since I am not traveling with my fish oil I want to still get my omegas in as I notice it when I stop differences in my skin. And magnesium oil to help me with other health things, click here for more info on benefits of magnesium.

After packing up, doing some work, and before hitting the road, I enjoyed the perfect lunch.

A warm salad !

I cooked up shredded carrots and cabbage in some coconut oil then added in 2 eggs on the skillet. Once those were mostly cooked I added in some handfuls of spinach. Plated it up with some already cooked sweet dumpling squash and topped it all with cinnamon and cumin. Soooo good.

my bliss

Nothing like a perfect cup of coffee to go along with my meal!

Now onto more shout outs: keep them coming friends we love hearing from you!

Amber you are amazing!!! Thanks for sharing the chocolate chip cookie brownie cake love!

Check out the changes Amber did and the cake came out!! Good to know! Thanks girl!

Also we got our #blissedin bracelets in from BexLife.

Love supporting a great cause.

Well I am off to go do some work before we head to Savannah.

Lori and I are both thinking of everyone who was touched by the storm Sandy! Hope everyone is ok and gets power back soon!

Twins Question: Do you like prepping food for traveling? Or do you just go with the flow and hope for the best? When you lose power what do you like to do to help pass the time?

till next time,

Michelle

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

22 thoughts on “on the road again

1. I ran the Savannah half last year, its such a fun race! Wish I was doing it again. And I love all of the snacks you are packing! I love to pack healthy foods so that I have something to grab and not grabbing processed foods on the go 🙂 Hope you have safe travels!

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 9:12 am
    1. THanks Natalie!

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 9:17 am
  2. I just did a post on this – food prep while traveling is a must for me. It’s not so bad as long as you plan. Great idea to take those sweet potato cakes – I’ll do that next time!

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 9:43 am
  3. Love all the on the go snacks! I’m always looking for different things to pack with me for work so I’ll have to keep this list in mind!

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 9:49 am
  4. Thanks for the shout-out(s)! I’m TRYING to savor the cake one tiny piece at a time, but that plan isn’t working out so well. 😉

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 9:55 am
  5. I’m doing Disney in February with my niece her first half! I hope you’ll be there then

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 10:06 am
  6. I would love to run a race in Savannah! It’s one of my favorite cities. The Savannah RnR half has been on my list for awhile now.

When I travel, I like to pack snacks like jerky, trail mix, and bananas. On road trips, I try to remember to pack a lunch or dinner, so I don’t resort to fast food. My go-to meal is shredded BBQ chicken because I actually enjoy eating it cold.

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 10:42 am
  7. What is the difference between Perfect Fit and Sun Warrior? They are both Brown Rice based right? Is there a difference in taste or texture? Thanks!!

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 10:54 am
    1. Chris we discuss perfect fit in this video http://youtu.be/QHeDQz2QiV8

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 11:01 am
  8. I be road working too! I packed my food. I made a list and checked it twice 🙂

Love your food…always!

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 12:21 pm
    1. awesome Kierston, safe travels! always have to check it twice 😉

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 1:47 pm
  9. love this post! I always admired how organised you girls are when you travel.Everything looks perfect 🙂

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 2:50 pm
    1. thanks girl, we try 🙂

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 3:43 pm
  10. I do like prepping food for travel! My family teases me when I arrive with all of my little spice baggies (mostly Indian), NOOCH, chia, protein powder and REAL salt. 🙂

I was so excited to make your brownie cookie cake with the cookie dough frosting for National Chocolate day! It was SUCH a hit! AHH! A new go-to. Thank you!

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 3:39 pm
    1. so happy to hear this Chelsea!! yay it is our new go-to too 😉 yay for prepping food for travel!

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 3:43 pm
  11. Oh my goodness sweet potato flat cakes sound so good right now! If only I had some if that flour, I would be so on it.

The last time we had a big power outage here (North of Seattle) I was a kid and I hated it. I remember feeling cold, not being able to do anything and lying down for bed early. I was always scared we would have no working flashlights, too. I have no idea what I would do nowadays without power…. Hang out with baby and read? At least his food can’t go bad… Yay breastmilk!!

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 7:59 pm
  12. I really enjoy reading abou you and Lori’s daily eats! They give me great ideas! In fact, I have brussel sprouts and broccoli coated in coconut oil roasting in the oven, planning on topping with cinnimon! Yum:)

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 8:47 pm
    1. so happy to hear this Kristin! Glad we can help 🙂 YUMMY

Posted on October 31, 2012 at 8:09 am
  13. I definitely like prepping foods ahead of time for trips – I don’t trust “going with the flow,” ever, hahaha 😀

Posted on October 31, 2012 at 7:15 am
  14. Thanks for the travel tips! I am heading from Paris-NY soon and these are great ideas for make-ahead goodies for the plane! I’ve been slowly perfecting the art of travel food – it’s funny, I’ve ended up inventing some weird creations to take with me that I end up loving and eating even when I’m not moving anywhere, have you found that? (example: I make a pumpkin purée last week, thought it would be horrible cold, but it ended up being like a creamy spread/mousse that I ate with quinoa – so delicious and kept for a couple of days totally fine in tupperware). Enjoy your trip and looking forward to following your adventures when I’m back in your time zone again! 🙂 Bon voyage!

Posted on October 31, 2012 at 1:02 pm
  15. I always like to pack plenty of snacks when I’m traveling. Nothing like getting caught hungry and empty handed! I need to get better about “preparing” snacks as I normally just grab a couple of handfuls of prepackaged protein/snack bars, but I do usually fix something for a main meal on the road…usually a bowl full of whatever’s left in the fridge that needs to be used up! 😉

That salad looks GREAT…right up my alley with the cumin and cinnamon too!

Posted on October 31, 2012 at 5:15 pm
  16. The warm salad looks great and seems easy enough to make. Perfect!

It really depends on where I’m traveling, how, how far, etc. I always have some food for the airport but if driving, I just have a few snacks because there’s more flexibility.

No power means it’s the perfect time to read. Or just cry. :-*

Posted on October 31, 2012 at 7:16 pm